• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibfV1D1XtumLvH.gif

iboDbYWKyDgoYi.png

i8oMwfANT09a3.png

DO NOT POST LEAKS
DO NOT ASK FOR OTHERS TO POST LEAKS
DO NOT BEG FOR PMs OF LEAKS
DO NOT WILLINGLY START THE KANYE CYCLE
DO NOT HINT AT OR PSEUDO-ASK FOR PEOPLE TO PM YOU LEAKS
DO NOT EVEN HINT AT WHERE TO FIND LEAKS
YOU WILL BE BANNED AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

iDL4RjdZZv2Hh.png

Out now!

• Europe - June 17
  • North America - June 18
  • Japan - June 19

Spotify stream link.​

ifAN4Bed59fHE.png

Yeezus is the 6th solo album from Kanye West, releasing a long while after Kanye's last album, My Beautiful
Dark Twisted Fantasy. Kanye has spent the time focusing on rebuilding G.O.O.D. Music as a label through
Cruel Summer and previously taking the opportunity to work with Jay-Z on Watch The Throne.

Kanye returns with an album that has been cooking for years now, with a wide array of rumours and news
about it's nature. These include, but are not limited to Kanye working with Skrillex and LMFAO, experimenting
with animal sounds, taking a darker, political tone focusing on Black history and possibly even grabbing a
feature from Will Smith as he encourages him to come out of retirement.

The bulk of the album has been recorded in Kanye's new home in Paris, where he has flown out and met up
with various artists and producers to contribute to the project to make it the best it can be. Some of the
artists that have received the chance to work on the project are highlighted in their own section below. As
with every other Kanye project, the recording process is highly secretive and there is much speculation as to
who will make it onto the final project and additionally in what form.

iebHix4pjhrVz.png

Tentative, with incomplete/unconfirmed credits:
  1. On Sight
    • Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Cydel Young, Derrick Watkins, Mike Dean & Keith Carter, Sr.
  2. Black Skinhead
    • Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Malik Jones, Cydel Young, Elon Rutberg, Wasalu Jaco, Sakiya Sandifer, Mike Dean & Derrick Watkins
  3. I Am A God ft. God
    • Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Clifton Bailey, Harvel Hart, Anand Bakshi, Rahul Burman, Ross Birchard, Justin Vernon, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Cydel Young, Mike Dean & Derek Watkins
  4. New Slaves
    • Kanye West, Christopher Breaux, Cydell Young, Gabor Presser, Anna Adamis, Ben Bronfman, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Sakiya Sandifer, Louis Johnson & Mike Dean
  5. Hold My Liquor
    • Kanye West, Mike Dean, Justin Vernon, Keith Cozart, Elon Rutberg, Che Smith, Malik Jones, Alejandro Ghersi, Cydel Young & Derrick Watkins
  6. I'm In It
    • Kanye West, Justin Vernon, Andre Harris, Jill Scott, Vidal Davis, Carvin Haggins, Kenny Lattimore, Jeffrey Campbell, Josh Leary, Malik Jones, Cydel Young, Sakiya Sandifer, Elon Rutberg & Mike Dean
  7. Blood On The Leaves
    • Kanye West, Ross Birchard, Lewis Allen, Elon Rutberg, Malik Jones, Tony Williams, Cydel Young & Mike Dean
  8. Guilt Trip
    • Kanye West, Scott Mescudi, Keith Elam, Kevin Hansford, Dupre Kelly, Chris Martin, Al Terik Wardrick, Marlon Williams, Terrence Thornton, Tyree Pittman, Cydel Young, Mike Dean & Larry Griffin Jr.
  9. Send It Up
    • Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Michael Levy, Moses Davis, Colin York, Lowell Dunbar, Louis Johnson, Alejandro Ghersi, Sakiya Sandifer, Ab-Liva, Elon Rutberg & Mike Dean
  10. Bound 2
    • Kanye West, John Stephens, Charlie Wilson, Elon Rutberg, Norman Whiteside, Bobby Massey, Robert Dukes, Che Pope, Cydel Young, Malik Jones, Sakiya Sandifer, Mike Dean & Ronnie Self

Executive production by Kanye West & Rick Rubin.​

ibxi9FrCEUpN22.png

iNJ6OHgM7dcc.png

Please note this is not a list of confirmed features, but instead a list of people we know have
contributed to the project at some point during the album recording process.
ibkt1g24dft445.png

iLy6MIFsE16PX.png

iutvbYtefkN9T.png

ibzaC3vcr56CBS.png

imVXKkg3zlUHA.png

iUwuqn5V6l7nw.png

i7rCvEO2COE76.png

iVGt7Qgw4JUoR.png

ibkabANCNJ0W2x.png

iU0S0go5t4QA2.png

iAZpbLGhqRIXG.png

i6MkdGRFPOLvC.png

iXz431MM2ghXU.png

ijVDhGg8dV0P8.png

i0sCke1PbDqSj.png

iUCGmLVW7UVmf.png

ibcgmSSEtbxHaz.png

imf0IaULPIEmC.png

ib0BPRUjwAkFo7.png

ibuzGalw1YI5aM.png

iin3i65eQmTIh.png

iynunQImrtoTH.png

ithdDnvkXHGBW.png

ibvEKl1MYt8fsH.png

ibcKoDzx3iJ3sG.png

ibx8GScAuUUWYe.png

ibo86bdkAWGTEX.png

ibnaobYUNlbaFF.png

iTCf8uB9eGWdC.png

ibjg8PPu9JAdda.png

iq07XNqRizCsx.png

ilwpjZHhHZTsD.png

Hype for the album?

Over at KTT folks started putting the red tape on their avatars, and I think it would be cool to so do here too!

Below is a PNG you can edit onto your avatar to join in on the fun, courtesy of concolor of KTT.

izIvKMQ9vUyuI.png

ibkUOufxCBDx9y.png

As Kanye's 6th solo, it's only right that take a look back at Kanye's legacy during this time and his evolution.

Every era of Kanye has had it's own flavour and twist from the man to the music:

izsej6W8x1bly.png

ibplQGgDgLmL8B.png

• To Gestault and his GIFs for thread inspiration.
  • To Kanye's Atlantic City set for thread inspiration.
  • To GAF-Hop for keeping the Kanye cycle alive.
  • To KTT for providing resources for the stylings above and general hilarity.
  • To GAF for being awesome.

ib1fCjLJ3Ezch7.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nice OT.

Can't wait for Yeezus to save my soul. Redemption is near.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought James Blake was also a collaborator?
Seems to be mixed information on that. They were in the studio that one time with Mannie Fresh though. I think Hit-Boy was there too.

awesome OP :O

the weekend is on this album? whaaaaaaa?
Basically I sifted through the KTT list of features and then manually searched for if there was actually some substance behind them being there. Can't remember Weeknd specifically, but I think he flew out.

That OT is fucking slick

I'm hoping Ye surprises me coz I wasn't feeling the 2 releases so far. My mind is full of fuck at the collaborator list

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
On the real, who else has a catalog in the rap game like Kanye? Jay has Blueprint, Vol 2, RD and the Black album. Eminem only really has SSLP, MMLP and TES. Biggie has his 2. Pac had All Eyez and SFMN. Wu had 36 Chambers.

Kanye is in that discussion, as much as I hated MDGHRTGBBQ and only like a bit off 808s, he's got at least 3 great to amazing albums. He's launched a ton of careers, made old rappers famous again...

When...when do we really start having the discussion about where Ye falls in terms of greatest rappers ever?

Not a genre of music i generally listen to but graduation and my beautiful dark fantasy where fucking stellar.

Can't wait!

Going to have to come up with a new avatar in support of this.

Seems to be mixed information on that. They were in the studio that one time with Mannie Fresh though. I think Hit-Boy was there too.

Basically I sifted through the KTT list of features and then manually searched for if there was actually some substance behind them being there. Can't remember Weeknd specifically, but I think he flew out.

ah okay. if anything id at least like an illangelo collab with kanye. would be great.

that collab list looks very....... intimidating.

i doubt it'll sound disjointed, but i feel like i may not like it as much if there isn't a good story for the songs... too many people are touching this album.

i guess we'll see... i just like when you can actually feel like you know wtf kanye is feeling or rapping about... new slaves was good i suppose.

Skrillex has already done some hip-hop collabos. I personally like it, but it's not for everyone. And I'm pretty ambivalent towards Skrillex's stuff.
I actually wasn't offended at all with what he did on Rocky's album, but I still felt pretty indifferent and that he didn't really have anything to contribute. I'd be totally fine with Skrill collaborating with other producers (like how HudMo does with others), but a song solely produced by him doesn't necessarily excite me as much as a Zomby/HudMo song.

cdyhybrid

I actually wasn't offended at all with what he did on Rocky's album, but I still felt pretty indifferent and that he didn't really have anything to contribute. I'd be totally fine with Skrill collaborating with other producers (like how HudMo does with others), but a song solely produced by him doesn't necessarily excite me as much as a Zomby/HudMo song.

I trust in Yeezus.

Top Bottom