• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye x Adidas Originals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
All their shoes look good which I think is the main point of the show, the clothes aren't meant to really be worn by actual people.

at least I don't think :<

Courage

at what point in society did it become "fashionable" to consider miss matched sports bra, briefs and a body stocking was cool?

Its literally like he went to a charity clothes store and threw the clothes on people
in fact i wonder was his design process one of those drew up flash games? put the clothes over the nude model?

Fashion trends often make no sense until people start following them and they blow up. That's when you'll see Agent Gibbs wearing his APC uniform with mismatching socks and an angry look on his face.

All their shoes look good which I think is the main point of the show, the clothes aren't meant to really be worn by actual people.

at least I don't think :<

Yeah, those flat shoes would be perfect on my feet! Unfortunately I'm not a person who can rock hightops

u2Sx2jW.jpg

I got you.

the magic is 3:34

her name is Amina Blue.

Yes sir...

Fashion trends often make no sense until people start following them and they blow up. That's when you'll see Agent Gibbs wearing his APC uniform with mismatching socks and an angry look on his face.

I spat coffee all over my keyboard over that mental image.....you sir get 50 internet's for that!

I love how Beyonce and the white woman on the other side of Kim both have the "trying to be polite in public while really thinking 'Will someone shut this loud ass baby up?'" face.

Back to the topic, Kanye was so inspired by Macklemore's success with Thrift Shop that he decided to make an entire clothing line based off of grandpa's hand-me-downs.

vikki

Doesn't everything look like dogshit during fashion week? But then designers take concepts from the fashion line and make something sensible.

Also agree with the sentiment that designers can do whatever as long as it's not blatantly stealing other's works. People will like it because who is telling them it's cool.

pj

Banned
Can someone show in pictures the trickle down effect of runway fashion to clothes that human beings actually wear?

And if someone quotes Devil Wears Prada I swear to god I will scream louder than that baby

vikki

Vivienne Westwood used Zoolander as her inspiration too.

vivienne2bwestwood2bmenswear2bfall2b20102bcollection2b40.jpg

Can someone show in pictures the trickle down effect of runway fashion to clothes that human beings actually wear?

And if someone quotes Devil Wears Prada I swear to god I will scream louder than that baby

I think that'd be tough unless one of us is familiar with a popular design that has been knocked off by designers other than the original. I was unaware of this idea from 'The Devil Wear Prada' but I assumed that retail stores getting similar designs is because of the popularity of designs from fashion shows. I did a quick google and there are articles about the progression of fashion from the runway to the retail store.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So what I'm getting is this is about the shoes and not the clothes. Right?

Sorry admittedly I don't understand fashion shows. I'm a pleeb and figured stuff worn at fashion shows was the stuff that ended up on the rack at high end stores. No, I don't shop at high end stores to have been able to verify this theory.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I love how Beyonce and the white woman on the other side of Kim both have the "trying to be polite in public while really thinking 'Will someone shut this loud ass baby up?'" face.

The white woman is Anna Wintour

They do seem annoyed lol

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Every pic in the OP is an eyesore, Men's fashion is tragic.

I really like how Rih and Bey were dressed @ the event though. Rihanna serving Final Fantasy X Lulu realness

B9r3YPqCUAAc1pK.png

Those kanye shoes are going for supposebly 350 my cousin is going to buy them during all star weekend smh they look horrible imo maybe it's the color scheme that's putting me off.

Nev

Banned
Why do all the models look so sad? They look like they were forced to wear and pose with that shit, which wouldn't surprise me looking at these clothes.

All of these designs look stupid, but 3 and 5 are downright hilarious.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Why do all the models look so sad? They look like they were forced to wear and pose with that shit, which wouldn't surprise me looking at these clothes.

I'm going to guess that look on their face is part of the artistry. Rarely does Kanye ever have anything other than resting bitch face.

potam

Banned

I could be completely wrong, but I think it goes along with the idea that models are supposed to be blank slates for the designers to decorate. Like, they're literally just living mannequins...not all happy and waving to people on the runway.

God fucking damnit I really hope full body hose takes off. I hope that shit becomes the new yoga pants.

see5harp

Im laughing thinking about Nike executives looking at the designs and saying "how about we just release new air yeezys?"

Hiltz

Yeezus Christ, all those shoes look hideous. It's like Kanye took some cardboard and painted it gray, then cut them out to slip them on to his shoes. Homeless people shoes. I'm content with my new charcoal Converse Chuck Taylor All Star shoes, Kanye.

For a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and 5 bucks I could get a truckload of this shit off of people living under an overpass. All this line proves is that "fashionistas" will slurp anything so long as someone famous tells them it's cool. If you saw people walking around in this shit in a WalMart there'd be a thread wondering why people leave the house looking like shit.
I take it you don't pay much attention to the 'fashionista' forums or fashion industry. everything kanye has done has been more or less dumped on.

it's usually not a straight line, but I've noticed lately that say, valentino or burberry do a number of studded items and in a year or so I see studded backpacks and what not at target.

this example is a mix of men and women's footwear moving in a cycle but i always find it amusing as it is so specific:

original german army training shoe from the 70s-80s. iirc they were about $50-$80, and you can sometimes find them online (getting harder due to popularity).

IDfGMGE.jpg

maison martin margiela german army trainer reproduction from the 00s - today. keep in mind that this is part of the replica line, and the tag states the design's provenance. they retail for $400 or so:

y1ad01H.jpg

HoOZfn7.jpg

over time the margiela 'german army trainer' model took on some variations, one popular one being a velcro-strapped high top. iirc these have been around for 6 or so years. BTW these margiela shoes came in men's and women's varieties, with different colorways or detailing:

FO9qFyT.jpg

a few of years ago, another upscale designer, isabel marant, released this women's sneaker:

isabel_marant_mens_shoes_sneakers_man_fashion_2.jpg

and shortly afterward, you could pick these up in target:

4MyOV07.jpg

thus is the fashion circle of life. i've only been paying attention to this stuff for about 12 years or so, and I've noticed that over the last handful of years the 'trickle down' effect has compressed greatly and usually only takes a season at max to see. though at the same time, as you can see, stuff 'trickles up', too.

Meier

He could learn a thing or two from Liam. I can't afford any of it basically, but the Pretty Green stuff is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom