• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye x Adidas Originals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I like this and I like Kanye, despite his efforts to make me not like him.

I was watching the Zane Lowe interview with him last night and although he spends most of it shouting, he's still a thousand times more interesting than any other pop star I can think of.

I also think Yeezus is his best album.

Back on topic - me like. Especially that green jumper in the first pic. I think I prefer the menswear to the womenswear.

DOWN

Banned
Oh, and his baby daughter North also hated the collection....

24526_600.jpg

27797_600.jpg

27515_600.jpg
My heart goes out to Wintour.

I wish there was a Rick Rubin for clothing,

I get what Kanye is trying to do, but doing overtly large sleeves isn't gonna get him co-signed by the street fashion crowd

at first I thought he was usign those body stockings to avoid the rest of clothing he wasn't trying to get you notice but after seeing kim in them..
the fuck

and green vomit sweater is a concept( couture?) piece

christ

Polari

Also by stealing from disparate sources anf mashing them together in a hapless way he's kind of missed the point of a "collection".

Pity whoever was made to deal with him at adidas on this shit.

What don't you like about his style?

In a way it's matured from his early days but in another way it's completely separated itself from hip-hop. He's divorced himself from bright colors strictly rocking black/gray/white and occasional red tops (mostly sweaters, tees, etc) with either sweat pants or leather. It always looks like he's wearing the same clothes.

Like his recent music, it's like faux art. It's trying to be art, passing it itself as art but not really divinely inspired.

He takes himself way too seriously but in a very immature fashion.

Ye needs to go chill in the mountains, a monastery or Peru.

Give us some on the feet shots.

pics from my room as it's snowing in ny.

I think it's crucial for everyone to get the right size or they may end up looking loose on you. These run about a .5 too big. I am normally a 9.5 but a size 9 fit perfectly, although a little hard to get my foot inside.

The shoes themselves look much better in person. Although they are the same shoe that was leaked months ago, looking at them in person gives them a different feel. They are not as photogenic as the yeezy 1 and 2 but look great nonetheless. Definitely a worthy yeezy successor to the Nike releases.

My only complaint would be the price point of $350. The shoe construction is on point, but I still feel like 300/250 should have been the limit. The materials are pretty standard with an entirely suede outer. The interior has a leather lining around the ankle/heel and the rest is entirely mesh.

I feel like with time these shoes will grow on more and more people. but maybe not through pictures.

Not a fan of fashion but I like to be impartial when looking at all forms of art.

His clothing looks silly but I'm liking it. Wouldn't ever wear any of it (or any designer clothing for that matter) or expect to be taken seriously if I rolled up somewhere that wasn't NY Fashion week wearing any of this stuff.

His clothing looks different though and I like the diverse group of models.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Now find me the chick with the killer booty at 4:17 (second in from the right).

HAFII AMIRA

Yes she has an awesome booty.

everybody, do not ever try to argue that kanye doesn't see women like this on the side

I do not care if he is married to a famous reality tv star model

guy is far too self absorbed and you can tell his relationship is far more political than genuine (most celebrity relationships)

guy has multiple mistresses like this one

damn...

That one was just a random post of mine, but Hafii is the girl in question from the show. Her body is crazy.

lednerg

What a bunch of pretentious bullshit. It's an insult to actual fashion designers.

EDIT: “I want to create something better for you. We have been limited. There’s a lack of creativity in every field because people are afraid.” - Kanye, speaking to the crowd at the start of the show

lol, he literally insulted actual fashion designers.

Jasper

Kim and Kanye REALLY need to keep baby North away from fashion shows!

Below photo taken today at Alexander Wang fashion show in New York. Poor Nicki Minaj....

25_B0_FCDB00000578_2954078_Front_row_tantrum_She_b.jpg

potam

Banned

Below photo taken today at Alexander Wang fashion show in New York. Poor Nicki Minaj....

seriously...the fuck is that? It's disrespectful, and does anyone else do it?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Nicki Minaj could use me as any piece of furniture she wanted.

this is an important thread and landmark in the fashion world.

Whilst I agree, the wonder that is Kanye Fashion may one day lead to world peace and the mutual respect and acceptance of all people's, it's still a fashion thread in which case it should go in one of the many Fashion (OT)'s such as.

On a serious note, separating Kanye threads from Popgaf (yes I said fucking Pop!!!), FashionGaf and every other Gaf just puts him on a pedestal. A pedestal he deserves no more than any other person in the popular media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom