• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city |OT| No Beats By Dre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
I've been listening to this album for a couple of weeks and it's fantastic.

But does christianity really save him when the story repeats itself?

Precisely, plus there's the theme of repeat sins and sinning again in several songs.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but in the skit between Sing About Me/Dying of Thirst, Kendrick's friends no longer sound like the 16-17 year old teens we hear in other parts. They sound like weary adult men, which, if correct, implies the cycle of violence going on for years after speaking with the elderly woman. The Bible verse is being uttered each of the many times they sin. The instance when the verse is recited at the beginning is not the same as the one near the end of the album; it takes place later on after they've already memorized it.

Chris R

So I just saw the video for Backseat Freestyle... So good! Kendrick's dad and Sherane were the best parts of the thing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Saw him live yesterday in Brussels. The gig itself was really good and the crowd was insane. I go to this venue (AB) a lot and I've never seen it lit on fire like this. And I have the vid to prove it

Kendrick has a dream

When you're in the middle of this crowd you hear everyone singing along, but to see and hear it on this vid... wow.

MMaRsu

Banned
Saw him live yesterday in Brussels. The gig itself was really good and the crowd was insane. I go to this venue (AB) a lot and I've never seen it lit on fire like this. And I have the vid to prove it

Kendrick has a dream

When you're in the middle of this crowd you hear everyone singing along, but to see and hear it on this vid... wow.

Fuck man..he's in Amsterdam the 5th and 6th or the 6th and 7th I believe. I could still get a ticket but nobody to go with!! FUUUUUUUUCK

Coen

Fuck man..he's in Amsterdam the 5th and 6th or the 6th and 7th I believe. I could still get a ticket but nobody to go with!! FUUUUUUUUCK

WTF man just go. Lots of people to meet there.
I was at the AB concert too and it was magnificent. I've been to hunderds of concerts and festivals over the years but few had the pure, raw energy Kendrick Lamar and the audiency brought. Great concert. And I'm not even a hiphop fan.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

Kendrick has a dream

holy shit. that sounds amazing.

big ander

Kendrick has a dream

jaaaaysus I need to see him live post-gkmc for sure.

McNei1y

Kendrick has a dream

I love this shit. I really need to check him out when/if he's in the DC area.

edit: I had to check out some more Youtube videos... damn that energy.

Cudder

Kendrick has a dream

now that kenneth is blowing up, he can get the crowd to sing 1/4 of the song while he sings his usual 1/2.

all jokes aside that is amazing, though lol

neptunes

Jay-Z hopping on the new hotness? typical.

Dude is 40 why is he always trying to stay relevant?

He's actually good on this but still....

So I have been passivley looking for this album in stores. I'm sure I could find it online, but I haven't been able to find it in Target, Best Buy, Hastings or anywhere else I've checked. What are the chances Kendrick Lamar will have a re-release of the album with a few extra songs including Don't kill my vibe ft. Jay-Z etc. I'm thinking about waiting for the re-release if one may be coming.

Chris R

So is Kendrick in concert a worthwhile experience? Just saw that he would be doing a show at the state fair at then end of August and I'm thinking about going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom