• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city |OT| No Beats By Dre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

pQeHc.png

KENDRICK LAMAR BE EATIN.

Release Date: 22 October 2012

Kendrick Lamar is a rapman straight outta compton, following in the footsteps of legendary artists such as Game, The Game and Jayceon Taylor. His digital album section.80 garnered many accolades when it released in 2011 and ended up on many end of year lists. It is regarded as the second best album released by Top Dawgs Eatin, behind Ab-Souls Control System (Tokubestu, 2012).

Lamar was signed to Dr. Dre's legendary label Aftermath Entertainment in early 2012, following in the footsteps of artists such as Bishop Lamont, Joell Ortiz and Slim the Mobster. Good Kid marks both his and TDE's major label debut album.

Tracklist:

1. Sherane a.k.a. Master Splinter’s Daughter
2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe
3. Backseat Freestyle
4. The Art of Peer Pressure
5. Money Trees (featuring Jay Rock)
6. Poetic Justice (featuring Drake)
7. good kid
8. m.A.A.d city
9. Swimming Pools (Drank)
10. Sing About Me / I’m Dying of Thirst
11. Real (featuring Anna Wise)
12. Compton" (featuring Dr. Dre)

Deluxe edition bonus tracks

13. The Recipe" (featuring Dr. Dre)
14. Black Boy Fly
15. Now or Never" (featuring Mary J. Blige)
16. Collect Calls
17. Swimming Pools (Drank)

Where can I buy beats and what are my options?

MIPKb.png

Beats headphones can be puchased at http://www.beatsbydre.com/

Haven't heard Kendrick? Check out:

Swimming Pools

The Recipe

Cartoons and Cereal

HiiiPower

ADHD

RIGAMORTIS

f9A5f.png

THE BEST TDE ALBUM IS HNC RUNNER UP IS CONTROL SYSTEM

THIS WON'T BE BETTER THAN DOCUMENTARY BY JAYCEON TAYLOR

THESE N*****Z WONT HOLD ME BACK

How are the rapcars on this album?

play Spiteful Chant in your rapcar. There's a remix on the new album with Spice 1 and Ice Cube.

No beats by Dre is a good thing. Last thing I want to hear is more stale piano n string beats from whoever is ghostproducing for Andre these days

Scott Storch>Dre

Nemesis_

Apparently Lamar's fanbase didn't want Gaga on the album so her collaboration with him was removed.

3M8g1.gif

Pressed RN tbh

Nah it was some bullshit about Lady Gaga not wanting to sacrifice her 'artistic integrity' because Interscope was trying to mess around with the song so she chose to have it pulled.

Wouldn't have fit in the album anyways probably.

Nemesis_

Nah it was some bullshit about Lady Gaga not wanting to sacrifice her 'artistic integrity' because Interscope was trying to mess around with the song so she chose to have it pulled.

Wouldn't have fit in the album anyways probably.

But then why would they want to mess around with the song? To make it appeal to his fans?

I will check this album out either way :)

Macca

esha if you gonna jack macca's avatar like that it's gonna get confusing

+1 so hard muhfuggahs trynna find me

dibs! hoping maccas has some nice art, if not you get whatever i can jack from google/wiki and like it
Aha, yea I got you on the art. Anything that means I don't have to count all dem votes again :p

Looking forward to it. There was some great stuff on the last album, aside from his corny "deep" songs. Dude's got a ways to go with figuring out subtlety and subtext, but he's got plenty of time to learn.

RJT

Can't wait! Section.80 was my album of 2011 so I have high hopes for this.

Iron Fists looks like it'll be AOTY though

Spy

I don't know whether I want this or the Kid Cudi album more. A$AP Rocky album should be good too but I don't think it will be as good as Lamar or Cudi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom