• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city |OT| No Beats By Dre

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Lasers didn't exist, FL2 would be a below average album but because Lasers does exist, people (including myself) received it a lot nicer so it's regarded as a better album.
I agree with this, but I think it's average, not below average really. "Good" and "great" are just relative terms to Lasers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibewfxmOjEQBd0.png

lol

Esch

Banned
I don't trust you. You changed too quick fam. The avatar, the stannery, everything.

no, its really good breh. And if yall were worrying with the major label shit changing the sound or whatever, not even. If anything ill say his songwriting/hooks have tightened up quite a bit. Even this Drake jawn isnt bad either, nice multilayered beat

the best thing about these tracks is that it has real fuckin bass, punchy. Even though this is a for the bishes song

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
no, its really good breh. And if yall were worrying with the major label shit changing the sound or whatever, not even. If anything ill say his songwriting/hooks have tightened up quite a bit. Even this Drake jawn isnt bad either, nice multilayered beat

the best thing about these tracks is that it has real fuckin bass, punchy. Even though this is a for the bishes song
KENDRICK DAH GAWD

Detox

there's some anthems on this. The beats are basically like Section 80 joints but higher budget. I think you'll like it a lot.

Triple OG Dr Dre turned this album into a classic without him the best TDE could have mustered is another Section 80.

Detox

I expected him to fuck with it way more

I think he did, it's just he has it in him to move his sound 'forward' or at least in another direction. I have no doubt he forced some cold hard truths on TDE and Kendrick like Q and Soul not making it on the album. I'll give it a few spins and see if his fingerprints come through it like it did on The Documentary.

Esch

Banned
I think he did, it's just he has it in him to move his sound 'forward' or at least in another direction. I have no doubt he forced some cold hard truths on TDE and Kendrick like Q and Soul not making it on the album. I'll give it a few spins and see if his fingerprints come through it like it did on The Documentary.

I can see the difference in the hooks and overall bombast of songs, but luckily it seems like he let Kendrick work from his base instead of trying to reinvent the dude. Well done on his part.

Album's aiight. It's like a more polished version of Section 80 but nothing on here can really stand up to those songs for me except for maad city which is a top 3 Kendrick song now. He goes off on that one.

Esch

Banned
Fuck out of here, you are deaf.

The beats have more layers/complexity, Kendrick's flow and on-beat rapping has improved, he makes speed rap sound natural and catchy on this LP. And the hooks have definitely improved.

Yeah, like I said it's a more polished version of Section. 80 he's improved but I'm not feeling these songs as much. Except for maad city and swimming pools.

maad city's where you can tell he's changed for the better flow-wise.

Album will have to grow on me. It's not as instantly gratifying as the "weed carrier" TDE albums. But Section 80 took another listen to grow on me too.

Cudder

Doesn't sound like Section 80 at all.

Album flows really well thanks to the skits.

I hate commenting on shit without sitting on it for a while to let it sink in but right now the first dip in the album was Poetic Justice and then good kid.

Bishman

Co-sign!

solarus

Loving the album so far just about to enter poetic justice, but that's where it dips right ? Surprised this ot ain't more active.

Esch

Banned
i cant wait for Des and Toku to listen to this and have a similar wrong and salty opinion

this is a clear step above S80 in songwriting style and quality, scope (Section 80 being more personal, GKMC aimed at the people), and production

its more than polish, this album has that x factor that has you relistening and relistening again... its just good music, expectations aside

I can't see this being better than Section 80 at the moment. Gonna have to give it some time and see where I stand but right now...it's the third best TDE release of the year.

i cant wait for Des and Toku to listen to this and have a similar wrong and salty opinion

this is a clear step above S80 in songwriting style and quality, scope (Section 80 being more personal, GKMC aimed at the people), and production

its more than polish, this album has that x factor that has you relistening and relistening again... its just good music, expectations aside

macca straight stole on you tho and jacked your avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom