• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Press Preview | New Footage

knack-banner.jpg

Preview from IGN - Shows Boss battle and Co-op
http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/10/24/a-fresh-take-on-knack
*youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASje1G6Vv3g

Adam Sessler Impressions - Rev3Games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdpHt-S9ns

Family Gamer TV preview
- Offscreen Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmE6XPfbXg

GameInfomer Mark Cerny Interview - on Japan team and Knack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IooFECp25B8

How a change in difficulty makes Knack a different game (preview) - A+E Interactive BAY AREA ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT BLOG
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/20...ficulty-makes-knack-a-different-game-preview/

GT Preview: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/t6msmi/knack-seriously--what-is-knack-
OP, here is a livestream from the Playstation Retail Loyalty page. It's 30 minutes of them playing the game.

Holy shit, that looks incredible.

Not sure how I feel about the slow-down to recover from an air attack though. A little disappointed that enemies will evaporate away, was hoping that would be addressed for the final game...

Ah well...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It still looks like a lot of fun to me. I also love how much Knack sounds like a star from a blaxpoitation flick. I really hope he says 'can you dig it ?' sometime during the game.

Not sure how I feel about the slow-down to recover from an air attack though. A little disappointed that enemies will evaporate away, was hoping that would be addressed for the final game...

Ah well...

same... not sure how I feel about a fixed camera but it is kinda expected for a fixed game like this

EGOMON

I and my little brother gonna enjoy this Day 1 thanks based Cerny for creating such a nice family game at launch

Mr Moose

I'm liking this game more and more, looks amazing.
Might have to get it at launch or just after (my wallet is going to take a beating in November lol).

UNCMark

Banned
Fixed camera and disappearing enemies? Thpffft. Hopefully there's going to be a demo, because to me everything about this game screams 'generic', right on down to Knack's voice.

Toki767

Part of me wants to wait till this is obviously going to be free for PS+ users down the line, and another part just wants to support SCE Japan Studios in their endeavors with games like this and Puppeteer.

KOHIPEET

Killzone and this will easily keep me busy till Infamous comes out.

I'm glad to see that they've fixed the frame rate, the special moves look awesome and even thoug the footage is heavily compressed, it seems the IQ is outstanding.

Everything on PS4 is looking better and better as get ready for launch day. Dat last second polish... Makes you wonder how many crunch meals were served to Sony studios these last few weeks ;)

In all seriousness, I can't wait to play some coop with my nieces and nephews. They're gonna absolutely love it.

KirbyKid

I hope none of you think this game is a platformer like the video guy describes.

Really? Puzzle platformer. All he described and all I saw was COMBAT. Punching, kicking, dodging combat!

Carry on thread.

Just pre-ordered on the PS Store. I had it previously pre-ordered on Amazon, but I want to be able to play it via my vita without having to worry about it being in the disc tray.

tbuc

Neo Member

Ah well...

I think the disappearing enemie makes it even more family friendly. Looking forward to playing this with my 6 year old.

I think the disappearing enemie makes it even more family friendly. Looking forward to playing this with my 6 year old.

Yeah, Ryan mentions the RAM stuff but it's not about not having enough RAM. It's about beeing family friendly. They don't want bodies around.

I'd comment but I'm still sitting through endless adverts before this fucking IGN video will even start!

EDIT: It's looking better but still not digging 'Big Knack', he just seems to move clumsily and I can't see any scope for twitch platforming at all. I do like the way you can switch to little Knack to get in to some areas though, hopefully there will be some puzzle solving along the way too.

Knack interests the hardcore gamer in me. I generally play FPS on my PC so this is a lot more my style when it comes to console games.

traveler

Not Wario
The "jump and attack" formula of Mario? What? Mario isn't about attacking. (And neither is Sonic really, when you get down to it, although ST has occasionally deviated in that direction) What a weird comment to make.

It's also weird to hear someone concede that the game isn't exactly a great game, but then say that it doesn't really matter because of tone of all reasons. M rated games may dominate the video game press's headlines, but if you want a break for tone reasons, you don't have to play a mediocre title. The last titles I played in order were Hearthstone, Dota 2, Wonderful 101, Civ V:BNW Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3. Not a single one of these falls into the category the commentator seems to think pervades this holiday season's lineup.

If he likes the game, that's fine, but I couldn't shake the notion that he was just trying to justify playing a title of a kind of middling nature. The footage shown didn't really dispel that notion either. No platforming footage whatsoever shown and I doubt the game can compete with the great action games we've received this year if brawling is to be the focus. Dunno where he's getting the "puzzle" bit from either as I have yet to see anything in that game I would describe as a puzzle. Would love for it to be great, of course, but that's my read on it.

I really want to purchase this game but it looks really boring. I hope that I am wrong when I have a chance to judge it for myself and not look at videos.

Its the only PS4 game that has local co op so when I get a PS4 I will be getting it. Also Dark Souls in somehow in the same league of difficulty as Ninja Gaiden bwahahahaha no not even close IGN.

Binabik15

IS it the IGN player or is there really a ton of aliasing on each of Knack's particles/body parts/ancient rune cube or whatever they are?

freshyk

Neo Member
I'm warming up to the game more and more but don't expect to get it anytime soon. Unless there is a demo that completely blows me away.

daveo42

Banned
Still not feeling this game at all. Looks mediocre at best. :-/
Reviews will be brutal I think.

Based on reactions in this thread, reviews might be polarizing. I'm excited for it and think the whole game looks fun and loads different than most other games coming out at launch for either system.

Top Bottom