• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Press Preview | New Footage

Jagsrock

Banned
Graphically its pleasing but it just seems stale gameplay wise. Its almost like the Lego games with the fixed camera constant breaking and of objects and collection. Environments seem really linear and quite small and the enemies seem pretty uninspired as well. I dunno I think a lot of people have their rosy launch glasses on cause there is nothing that makes me personally go woww. Im sure it'll be fun but its not really breaking any ground.

Loudninja

That area actually looks pretty good, at least much nicer than the section that was demoed in PS4 demo kiosk that I played.

I'd definitely would give this a spin if it comes along to PS+ collection.
I just think that city area is a bad level demo wise.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Graphically its pleasing but it just seems stale gameplay wise. Its almost like the Lego games with the fixed camera constant breaking and of objects and collection. Environments seem really linear and quite small and the enemies seem pretty uninspired as well. I dunno I think a lot of people have their rosy launch glasses on cause there is nothing that makes me personally go woww. Im sure it'll be fun but its not really breaking any ground.
It's pretty much an entire game built around the Werehog stages in Sonic Unleashed.

DieH@rd

Banned
ulAnnva.jpg

They have shown this game 1000 times with Remote Play, but they forgot to put the RP logo on the back of the box? ~_~

I really hope this game does well critically and commercially. We need more stuff like this.

Since my son started gaming, I've picked up stuff like Spyro for the Vita. This kind of old style gameplay, it's all good for me.

Saying that, definitely not buying this at full retail. Was hoping we'd be getting this on Plus once DriveClub was delayed.

Was so extremely underwhelmed when this was shown off as the first title for PS4, but with these more recent previews, I'm starting to get excited to play this. Hope there's a demo.

erawsd

I have to say, I've been pretty "meh" on Knack so far. However, after watching those previews that actually looks like a lot of fun.

Also, has Knack always talked? Def didn't expect that voice lol

i'm glad i caved and pre-ordered this. i think the only way to go for me is to play on hard mode. i think it will be most excellent.

co-op will be enjoyable in this, looks like I have to buy this so I can play with my 8 yr old

At Best Buy this man came with his 2 young daughters and one of them was playing it and she was pretty vocal about how much she was loving it

Haha! I'm sold! Looking forward to hard mode!

I like difficult games too but this just got under my skin. It'll be more enjoyable playing it at home I'm sure

ReaperXL7

Why does it need to break ground? Why does every game "need" to be innovative? Imo they do not, this will be a game that I buy along with Skylanders, and Minecraft to play with my daughter and just have fun.

Ill wait for Naughty Dog, SSM, GG etc to handle the stuff that blows my mind. Hell despite having some issues with it God Of War 3 still holds the crown for some of the most amazing moments in games this generation. Some games are simply made to be played, enjoyed, and had fun with. Knack looks like it will fill that role just fine.

At Best Buy this man came with his 2 young daughters and one of them was playing it and she was pretty vocal about how much she was loving it

I like difficult games too but this just got under my skin. It'll be more enjoyable playing it at home I'm sure

do you feel the difficulty is unfair or you just got careless when playing, or does it rely on quick reflect too much?

Timu

I picked it up tonight:

91187de6_ibeuc0qrxZRPsd.jpeg

I also played it at a PS4 demo station at my local Gamestop:

7c5e3f46_iKttkaQmkvwMG.jpeg

I liked it but I have some concerns for the game as well.

Played this at a PS4 kiosk at my local Best Buy tonight. It seems serviceable, but there's nothing super compelling about it. Also, the frame rate took a nosedive whenever Knack does his special move that causes the relics to go flying around him. I'm talking below 30, like in the teens even.

viveks86

Played this at a PS4 kiosk at my local Best Buy tonight. It seems serviceable, but there's nothing super compelling about it. Also, the frame rate took a nosedive whenever Knack does his special move that causes the relics to go flying around him. I'm talking below 30, like in the teens even.

Any idea how old the build is at kiosks?

Jagsrock

Banned
It's pretty much an entire game built around the Werehog stages in Sonic Unleashed.
Yea i'm getting that vibe too.

Why does it need to break ground? Why does every game "need" to be innovative? Imo they do not, this will be a game that I buy along with Skylanders, and Minecraft to play with my daughter and just have fun.

Ill wait for Naughty Dog, SSM, GG etc to handle the stuff that blows my mind. Hell despite having some issues with it God Of War 3 still holds the crown for some of the most amazing moments in games this generation. Some games are simply made to be played, enjoyed, and had fun with. Knack looks like it will fill that role just fine.

What I'm saying is a lot of people on this thread are putting this game on a pedestal. If this was a lego game or something people would be saying meh.I'm not saying it has to be innovative but nothing really sets it apart. In fact Skylanders seems to have much more variety with similar platform/beat em up style of gameplay. It lacks that wow factor and maintains a style of gameplay we've seen before. I think all games should be made to have fun and enjoy and I'm sure Knack will be fun coop with your kid but it just seems to lack that "MUST PLAY NOWW" factor.

Top Bottom