• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Press Preview | New Footage

Artex

Banned
Sort of want now.

Hate how the enemies disappear though. Could have gotten a bit more creative than that, eh?

Indeed

ipdoVMEVRDSxV.gif

Can we somehow get Bish's face in Knack here? lol

AlphaDump

Gold Member
The game itself looks neat in an old school kind of way. It reminds me of something like Maximo on the PS2.

that is a good call.

Physics look pretty good, but the environments and interactions are so sterile and static that it doesn't really pop as much as I'd expect a launch title to.

i wonder if we will see a demo on PSN shortly after launch

Dinjooh

I really don't get the criticism this game is getting. From both Adam Sandler's preview and FamilyGamerTV's playthrough, this looks incredibly fun, and a really good change of pace from the more 'serious' tone the rest of the launch is making.

Still waiting with my preorder 'till all the americans have beta-tested it before the EU launch.

Loudninja

I really don't get the criticism this game is getting. From both Adam Sandler's preview and FamilyGamerTV's playthrough, this looks incredibly fun, and a really good change of pace from the more 'serious' tone the rest of the launch is making.

Still waiting with my preorder 'till all the americans have beta-tested it before the EU launch.
This gameplay looks good as well just classic stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQkOklRLtz4

I'm waiting for reviews on this game but I'm dying to get something in addition to Killzone at launch. I've always loved platformers like this. I hope it gets good reviews. GAF members seem to be pretty excited which is a very good sign.

Keihart

Looks fun , this just push to pre-order it.

I really don't get all the hate, maybe most people want something that the game is clearly not trying to be...whatever.

satori

wtf I had no interest in this game before, I seen a few pictures here and there but didn't realize this was the game play. I passed it off as a kiddie game, I am definitely getting it now. Looks really fun.

On the hard-core side, there’s a hard mode and another level of difficulty above that. In those modes, Knack can die via one-hit kills, and players will have to figure out how to use the dodge move more often to get in range for attacks. There’s more strategy when it comes to battles. In addition, there are variant Knack characters that players can unlock. For example, collect 15 ruby relics and players can access Vampire Knack, which lets players get health every time they eliminate a foe, but at the same time, they have a weakness to sunlight.

This all sounds good. I hope this game is not ignored due to the label of "kiddie" game. Also game looks really good. Not sure why people think it looks ugly.

This all sounds good. I hope this game is not ignored due to the label of "kiddie" game. Also game looks really good. Not sure why people think it looks ugly.

It's more an aesthetic ugly than a technical ugly, at least in my case. For example, the Bayformers are amazing from a technical perspective in their complexity, but are really ugly in an aesthetic sense due to being a mess to look at.

The one thing I think they really screwed up was the sense of scale. And its because of the camera. Big Knack has the same amount of space on screen as little Knack, and you're always viewing from a downward angle. You are fighting tanks that look no bigger than the regular goblin/troll things. And there are no smaller enemies in these environments to give a real sense of scale

They should have used a lower angle camera, behind the back.

Mifune

Mehmber
The one thing I think they really screwed up was the sense of scale. And its because of the camera. Big Knack has the same amount of space on screen as little Knack.

Have you watched the newest videos? Because I don't think this is true at all. Maybe it's something that they have tweaked in development but I'm definitely getting a better sense of scale now.

Have you watched the newest videos? Because I don't think this is true at all. Maybe it's something that they have tweaked in development but I'm definitely getting a better sense of scale now.

I still think big Knack should be leaving absolute carnage behind him destroying the environment

tusken77

VebTnLI.png

The game's looking better and better with these latest new screens. :)

I'm really, really looking forward to Knack! Imagine 4 player co-op in horde mode with waves of goblins. Would be amazing. Can't wait!

So is it possible to earn trophies while playing a game like Knack in co-op ( I'm in my own account on the PS4, while my brother is signed into his on the Vita?) through remote play on PS4?

You know, it looks fun enough. I second the thoughts about a Maximo vibe loved that game. It is what it is, folks. I'm glad there's something like this out at launch. I'm getting KZ for sure and might get this one day one, too.

Is it confirmed at $60?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You know, it looks fun enough. I second the thoughts about a Maximo vibe loved that game. It is what it is, folks. I'm glad there's something like this out at launch. I'm getting KZ for sure and might get this one day one, too.

Is it confirmed at $60?

Yep.

Top Bottom