• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Meet The Head Transplant Doctor at The Centre of a MGS Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
Don't want to repeat myself but having had some time to think.. If this isn't the ultimate troll, it IS the biggest missed opportunity ever.

Hopeford

I wonder what Kojima's thinking now lel

H44Em6t.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first time a conspiracy theory grew so large that it led to a lawsuit for MGS? If so: goddamn it you guys!

Forget the lawsuit, he also involved the police.

emCb5Uv.jpg

novenD

I feel compelled to apologize for my role in this debacle.

I'm sorry.

All I did was post a whois page in jest and then everybody went fucking crazy

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Also, I'm not sure what I now find more odd. That this has nothing to do with MGS, or that this Doctor actually is trying to perform a head transplant.

Honestly I would love it if this was all a MGS2 style fake out

Like everything. Kojima getting fired. Head transplant. Silent Hills even. All of it.

Chinner

Banned
it's kind of sickening that the stupidity of posters here will cost a lot of time and money for the relevant parties involved.

mmaqnf.gif

This conspiracy stops for no one!

29/04/15 -

Hideo Kojima, on a press event, announces he is not working anymore for Konami and that he retires from the industry: "The recent events made me rethink our work as creators, in the recent months I realized that the gaming community is poisonous and is impeding the growth of gaming. But, the creators like myself, are also partially to blame. To clean and reset this industry I'm gonna take the first step, I'm announcing my retirement from the gaming world"

13/06/15 -

Konami announces a court settlement with Dr Cannavaro, afraid of the posible delay for months, Konami decided to offer a nice sum of money to the doctor that has a striking resemblance to one of the characters of the game. Rumors affirm the amount of money is abouot 20 million euros. Cannavaro simply stated: "This is the first step for the human inmortality".

26/06/15 -

To recoup the lost money in the court settlement, Konami decided to lauch the game just a few days after as a way to recover the money and impede that the negativity around the game hurts the sales even more. The game launches with several bugs and lack of polish due to it's rushed launch, still gets widely praised by critics, biogamergirl praised the action and the amazing cutscenes at the level of a big hollywood project, "It was so good that for a moment I thought I was watching the new Avengers movie!" she said.

Yes, ironically enough, Batzi ended up being right.

12/07/15 -

NPD numbers are in: MGSV reaches first spot, but sales are lower than MGS4, Patcher notes it:"Is a very bad number as a whole, one of the few big japanese IP's are in danger and this could led to a potential disaster", he even goes as far as to say:"This is the beginning of the end of the console/dedicated hardware and gaming". GAF laughs at it, obviously.

07/12/15 -

After several cut content sold as DLC that pissed gamers but they end buying anyway, Konami on a press event happily announces that MGSV it's the third highest selling MGS game ever, even with not so good sales, they are really happy since thanks to the overpriced DLC the game still made a lot of money. But that's not the only announcement, Konami is going to annualize Metal Gear, the first game of the new saga will be developed by Spark Unlimited. The new head of the gaming division on Konami assured that the company is closely working with the western studio so the game reaches the standard quality of the series. "We love how hollywood managed to reboot some of their most beloved movies, we intend to do the same with Metal Gear, making it more aprochable for a new generation of gamers"

17/05/17 -

Metal Gear: Heaven is released on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The game is a disjointed effort of trying to mimic Ubisoft open world design and the MGS traditional gameplay. Game is way more action heavy, and stealth is severily undermined. Dosn't help that it performs and looks worse than the last entry. Overall is the worst rated MG game ever, like fans predicted, Dawg from GAF stated: "Damn, I'm not buying a Metal Gear game ever". He bought the next entry a year later.

10/08/17 -

Nintendo is the first mobile company in revenue in Japan and second in the world just behind Supercell. Satoru Iwata is happy with the results and hopes this new public will join the fun of the New Game Boy, the system that was codenamed NX a couple years ago: "We hope that the people who enjoy our mobile games will find our new handheld as the next step in the experience".

13/01/18 -

NPD numbers are in, New Game Boy continues it's lackluster sales behind 3DS numbers by a good margin, PS4 and Xbox One, who had a promising start had 20% less sales than a year before. Mobile gaming with the new advanced tablets is slowly eating the ground of the dedicated gaming market, overall the industry is 34% down.

7/05/19 -

Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata won't comment about the rumors that the follow up of the Wii U has been silently canceled, due to the company growing focus on the mobile market and multimedia efforts, with movies and shows of their invigorated IP's that are a smash success in mobile. "We have no comment to make regarding these rumors, just want to say, that Nintendo will always offer quality experiences and that won't change".

11/03/20 -

After more dissapointed sales, Sony and MS are unable to fight against the newfound stronghold of Mobile/Tablet gaming, more and more traditional console companies are not releasing their games on console and they are jumping to that market. New Game Boy continues it's sad penitence on the failure road that Vita walked just a few years before, most of their games a loli japanese simulators, Nintendo finally abandoned their portable, for the first time the new mainline Pokemon game will be released on mobile.

18/08/20 -

Dr Cannavaro performed it's first succesful head transplant after 3 failed attempts, patient died a few hours later, but the italian doctor was ecstatic with the results. In his speech in front of hundreds of journalist he never thanked GAF, "ungrateful bastard" wrote Sn4ke, the last MGS fan on GAF.

24/01/22 -

Sony and MS relased their new consoles a year before, a desperate attempt to stop the mobile tsunami that was gonna drown the console industry. Both were a failure and quickly abandoned, Sony and MS ended killing their first party studios a few months later. The end of an era. "I was right and you were wrong, who laughs now?" created by Patcher on GAF, quickly becomes one of the most legendary threads on GAF.

1/01/24 -

A new year and the gaming landscape changed forever, GAF is now a PC gaming forum, since PC gaming never suffered from this crisis. New posters react amused as the histories told by the veteran members about how people fighted over company and hardware preferences and how GAF, in some kind of twisted butterfly effect, killed traditional console gaming. They don't believe us, but we, deep in our hearts that still cry over the loss, know the truth.

These are both great posts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
it's kind of sickening that the stupidity of posters here will cost a lot of time and money for the relevant parties involved.

I don't think that is the issue, really. Considering all that really happened here was that the similarity in look was pointed out.

Also I doubt it's going to cost anyone money, as Konami can clearly show they based the character off of the actor.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I know it just coincidence, but i can't blame those who believe it. I mean, seriously, head transplant and that photoshoot of the doctor? He straight out character from MGS universe

hal9001

Banned
29/04/15 -

Hideo Kojima, on a press event, announces he is not working anymore for Konami and that he retires from the industry: "The recent events made me rethink our work as creators, in the recent months I realized that the gaming community is poisonous and is impeding the growth of gaming. But, the creators like myself, are also partially to blame. To clean and reset this industry I'm gonna take the first step, I'm announcing my retirement from the gaming world"

1/01/24 -

A new year and the gaming landscape changed forever, GAF is now a PC gaming forum, since PC gaming never suffered from this crisis. New posters react amused as the histories told by the veteran members about how people fighted over company and hardware preferences and how GAF, in some kind of twisted butterfly effect, killed traditional console gaming. They don't believe us, but we, deep in our hearts that still cry over the loss, know the truth.

Holy shit dude. The future flew right before my eyes hahaha.

Can someone give me a Lionel Mandrake-style recap of all the Konami/Kojima bullshit and how it all lead to THIS of all things?

Apparently the MGS2 Snake fake-out was so trollish that it mind-broke an entire fanbase, who are now addicted to distrust and conspiracies to a bewildering extent.

If you are looking for a logical explanatory flowchart you will be disappointed because too many of the boxes will be full of question marks and the arrows will mostly disappear as they get routed through the realm of fifth-dimensional internet logic.

Unless I missed a lot, of course.

Isn't a similar thing happened with Lindsey Lohan and GTA 5? Lohan got a compensation?

The game character was shown off in 2012, before the convention that this guy reckons they copied his face. It should be easy enough to disprove but I wouldn't be surprised if some money changes hands.

Apparently the MGS2 Snake fake-out was so trollish that it mind-broke an entire fanbase, who are now addicted to distrust and conspiracies to a bewildering extent.

If you are looking for a logical explanatory flowchart you will be disappointed because too many of the boxes will be full of question marks and the arrows will mostly disappear as they get routed through the realm of fifth-dimensional internet logic.

Unless I missed a lot, of course.

Most sane people abandoned the franchise after MGS2.

Neiteio

I see where this is going.

The doctor will sue Kojima, but Kojima won't be able to pay.

So the doctor will remove Kojima's head and steal his body.

However, the recipient of Kojima's body won't be able to control it.

Kojima's body will take over the mind of its new host.

Or so it will seem. In reality the patient has merely hypnotized himself to act like a convincing Kojima.

Meanwhile, the Konami AIs -- GG, BM, CV, and SH -- don't know what to make of the Kojima-possessed man. They send David Hayter to stop him.

The seemingly Kojima-possessed man tricks Hayter into crawling through a microwave and uploading a worm to the Konami AIs.

The worm rewrites the legal licenses of the MGS IP and gives ownership to Kojima.

And it turns out the body that had its head removed wasn't Kojima's because Kojima was in a coma.

Checkmate.

The MGS2 switch wasn't the only thing, Phantom Pain started with the whole Joakim Mogren stuff

And MGS3 was very ambiguous about who you were playing as pre-launch. You saw Snake and his dated gear and you were just left scratching your head. Even with the 1964 reveal. This was more obvious than others, but still shows his market trolling.

Stike

If Konami can prove that they hired that actor before that doctor was in the media for the first time, there should be no legal ground for any compensation.

BadWolf

If Konami can prove that they hired that actor before that doctor was in the media for the first time, there should be no legal ground for any compensation.

They don't even need to prove that. The claim is bogus from top to bottom.

Jinjo

"All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

And we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom