• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Meet The Head Transplant Doctor at The Centre of a MGS Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

This is hilarious. The mods closed the last thread down but clearly it's too big of a story for the media to ignore!

Zomba13

GG you Metal Gear nuts, you've turned an attention craving doctor onto a way to get more publicity and money by suing a game company because you crazy fucks think Kojima is fucking with you.

BadWolf

GG you Metal Gear nuts, you've turned an attention craving doctor onto a way to get more publicity and money by suing a game company because you crazy fucks think Kojima is fucking with you.

You can't seriously believe he has a case, this is only good for laughs.

chadskin

pratley-superglue-20g_500x409.jpg

ryuken-d

I get you but apparently when talking about a transplant whatever is attached to a new immune system is considered the transplant. Thats why they call it a head transplant rather than a body transplant.

weird, at least there is some explanation. ha my brain is still flipping out when I think of the "being" that wakes up after surgery. The docs will be talking to the body, haha.

Mr. body your head transplant was successful. congrats.

Never forget:

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good." - Hideo Kojima

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Maybe everything Kojima does is not a troll.

More importantly, maybe everything he does is not a successful troll.

I think, to some degree, Kojima is always going to chase the way he fooled the gaming world (incredibly well) with MGS2's switch. But I think the greater echo of that is how everyone else wants to have that feeling of being positively fooled again, so they look for anything that could possibly lead them to that feeling of a grander scope to what seems like slight-of-hand. People are looking for actual magic in card tricks.

Lionel Mandrake get your ass in here!
This is the premise for the story that finally gets you published!

It doesn't have to be about gaf or metal gear or even video games, but rather the entire chain of events that has unfolded around the phantom pain. It's O Henry as fuck all.

Before a mod gets his knickers in a twist, I'm by no means perpetuating anything, only trying to corroborate / look into the Dr's statements in the interview.

I can't find a single google search of Dr. Sergio Cannavero before 2013. I only mention this due to his statement of having double hundreds of conferences, as well as being a certified Dr. (This isn't his statement, but from the other thread) for quite some time now.

I'm probably just failing miserably, but I didn't find anything.

Zomba13

You can't seriously believe he has a case, this is only good for laughs.

I don't know but if what people have said about him in the stupid thread and the other one are true then he wants attention and money and doesn't really care how he gets it and isn't a great guy so I can totally see him actually filing a legal dispute with Kojima/Konami over this and even if he loses, still causing headaches for the devs when they've had enough of that from Konami themselves.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
The moderators closed the thread because GAF members were acting insane and idiotic.

Nothing to do with the story.

I thought all gaf members were insane and idiotic, thats why they made a special site just for us. We can talk about absurd theories and over-hype something so much it is overkill and all it turns out to be is a pc port.....

BadWolf

I don't know but if what people have said about him in the stupid thread and the other one are true then he wants attention and money and doesn't really care how he gets it and isn't a great guy so I can totally see him actually filing a legal dispute with Kojima/Konami over this and even if he loses, still causing headaches for the devs when they've had enough of that from Konami themselves.

They used an actor for motion/facial capturing, it's not Konami's fault there is some doctor in Italy who resembles him.

Konami is also probably having a laugh at this like we are. Easy PR for MGSV.

Slowdive

Banned
Before a mod gets his knickers in a twist, I'm by no means perpetuating anything, only trying to corroborate / look into the Dr's statements in the interview.

I can't find a single google search of Dr. Sergio Cannavero before 2013. I only mention this due to his statement of having double hundreds of conferences, as well as being a certified Dr. (This isn't his statement, but from the other thread) for quite some time now.

I'm probably just failing miserably, but I didn't find anything.

He's in articles going back years: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=canavero+sergio

I thought all gaf members were insane and idiotic, thats why they made a special site just for us. We can talk about absurd theories and over-hype something so much it is overkill and all it turns out to be is a pc port.....

It's not the talking about theories that makes you crazy. It's the calling of people just to follow your theories.

Dangerous opinions rarely exist. But plenty of poor opinions lead to dangerous actions, like posting a random number, calling it, and then harassing whoever might answer on the other line.

it's 2021

the chaps at unseen64 have landed a fabled copy of the unreleased MGSV: The Phantom Pain on ebay

as they release video of the legendary long lost title, smothered in its crib by legal woes and turmoil between konami and kojima, something becomes absolutely clear

it's terrible

the mission based gameplay is horrifically padded and repetitive like the worst of peace walker, and outside of the few demoed missions where the gameplay shines best it's a tepid slog

the story is a disaster as a mute snake grimaces and mumbles one liners while miller overdramatically says corny lines about revenge that sound terrible outside of a trailer. it doesn't end with the beginning of MG1 or the appearance of Solid Snake, the explanation for quiet is astonishingly cringeworthy

the game is a technical disaster as many areas are bare and glitchy, a consequence of Kojima's overambitious vision which in retrospect is so plainly the reason for the split. luckily, most of the time playing the game is spent managing a base through menus, so this is ignored

in the outside world, barely anyone notices this unearthing of this outdated artifact. most with an interest in metal gear are too busy playing Metal Gear: Tactical Operations on smartphones and are looking forward to Metal Gear Solid: Fate Vision, the third game in an epic trilogy by ex Treyarch developers. this new trilogy plays like an Ubisoft game and each entry has handily outsold every Kojima made MGS. Konami will shut down the studio after this because they make no money. Fate Vision will be later known as one of the last games ever made for a dedicated console

What monster has gaf created?! lol

Too many downloads already, damn.

Aces&Eights

Are you guys insane? why me? I rarely posted in that thread.

I was asleep, came back and suddenly the thread blew up with all sorts of crazy shit like calling the doctor.

Its like an EightBitNate thread except, well, for head transplants and million dollar lawsuits.

OT: I think this is one, big, smelly troll from Kojima. All of it.

ilium

Come on people, the Doctor has to be batshit crazy if he really believes he can pull this off. It's insane. Period.

#TeamKojima

Arttemis

I'm a bit shocked that so many people on this forum are buying the premise that this guy is going to conduct a HEAD TRANSPLANT, and can't see this guy for the giant PR character he is.

I'm a bit shocked that so many people on this forum are buying the premise that this guy is going to conduct a HEAD TRANSPLANT, and can't see this guy for the giant PR character he is.

This thread is starting to remind me of the team cg one now. Can't tell who's joking anymore.

Aces&Eights

Bingo. I mean, Jesus, a head transplant? Heaven is the name of the project? I have so many bridges for sale if anyone is interested....

Seriously, guys, this!!! Look at this Kotaku's interview. It HAS to be a character.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19569_5-insane-doctors-from-history-who-put-house-to-shame.html

The medical field is known for pushing boundries beyond what we typically consider safe or reputable - a head transplant, given the right people and circumstances, doesn't seem that crazy.

And very few things were once considered taboo. Think about the difference between what's allowable and what's possible, and some doctors begin to blur the lines.

Like these people. http://listverse.com/2013/11/13/10-creepy-and-deranged-experiments-done-on-humans/

Neiteio

Maybe everything Kojima does is not a troll.

More importantly, maybe everything he does is not a successful troll.

I think, to some degree, Kojima is always going to chase the way he fooled the gaming world (incredibly well) with MGS2's switch. But I think the greater echo of that is how everyone else wants to have that feeling of being positively fooled again, so they look for anything that could possibly lead them to that feeling of a grander scope to what seems like slight-of-hand. People are looking for actual magic in card tricks.

It's starting to get less fun and more unhealthy to observe.
Just quoting this because I feel it's an accurate assessment of the reality here.

Arnie7

Banned
I bet Kojima hates NeoGaf right now. Not only does he have to deal with Konami in finishing the game in peace but now has the added trouble of someone suing him for what seems a freakish accidental resemblance.

Neiteio

I bet Kojima hates NeoGaf right now. Not only does he have to deal with Konami in finishing the game in peace but now has the added trouble of someone suing him for what seems a freakish accidental resemblance.
Yeah but at least he got that nifty GAF poster out of it

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
/edit: Source web site is banned. Google the headline if you're interested in the article.

CZkjcKO.png

He is not a fake, but he is definitely a nut.

ArjanN

Well, he definitely seems shady, but IMO not because of any MGS connection.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The story of how NeoGAF marketed MGS:V and a Dr. Frankenstein wannabe*

*Merely a joke, I do not wish to get sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom