• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

Cmagus

I think Harrier is gonna be my go to, I really enjoy the class and the air dashing.Just had a really intense match and got my first S+ rank on it so I was quite happy, I got off to a rough start for abit.

I think Harrier is gonna be my go to, I really enjoy the class and the air dashing.Just had a really intense match and got my first S+ rank on it so I was quite happy, I got off to a rough start for abit.

Harrier is awesome. I love that the 'supports' in this game aren't just sit back and heal but feel like normal designed charachters that can help the team out. It's great how she can control an anti grav zone and put supply stations on high walls and stuff.

Destructoid still a thing?

Harrier is awesome. I love that the 'supports' in this game aren't just sit back and heal but feel like normal designed charachters that can help the team out. It's great how she can control an anti grav zone and put supply stations on high walls and stuff.

oh i thought medic only job was to heal and get #1 for the team.

EL CUCO

Anyone know how I could activate Nvidia highlights? I have it set to on in the settings, but nothing ever saves after matches.

I have a 1070 FTW.

EL CUCO

Yea but I just realized I had instant replay on. Gonna switch that to off and see if that makes a difference

bought $10 stash. gave better loot than OW. got me a Boss (legendary) skin for Wraith (Deadlock)

1728D474099B9FEEED848EEFB65865A2BF6A98A5

Anyone know how I could activate Nvidia highlights? I have it set to on in the settings, but nothing ever saves after matches.

I have a 1070 FTW.

Make sure you are logged in for Nvidia Geforce. When you launch the game, it should ask you if you want to record highlights.

After each match, it shows you your top highlights. You can save them to your gallery or directly post them on facebook/youtube if you want

EL CUCO

Make sure you are logged in for Nvidia Geforce. When you launch the game, it should ask you if you want to record highlights.

After each match, it shows you your top highlights. You can save them to your gallery or directly post them on facebook/youtube if you want
I Just noticed that it pops up, then screen flashes and it goes away. Need to mess around with it to see whats going on I guess.

Man, I really think Harrier's super needs a nerf. That thing is so fucking strong. And I say this as someone who was killing a lot of people with it alongside dying nonstop from it.

Also, why does the game make you wait a minute and a half between rounds? Where's my ready system at!

Still having a blast, but some little things are starting to bother me. Like you can't open loot boxes while waiting for a match to start. Pretty silly.

Dubz

Harrier is fucking amazing. He can get in and out of just about anything, and his ULT is super vicious.

Man, I really think Harrier's super needs a nerf. That thing is so fucking strong. And I say this as someone who was killing a lot of people with it alongside dying nonstop from it.

Also, why does the game make you wait a minute and a half between rounds? Where's my ready system at!

Still having a blast, but some little things are starting to bother me. Like you can't open loot boxes while waiting for a match to start. Pretty silly.
you seen how long it takes to open boxes? LOL

Cmagus

I may change my mind on the Harrier, although I really like that role I think the Battle Medic is my favourite. I kind of like hanging back healing and keeping everyone topped up. I do notice however people like the heals but no one looks after the medic lol. So many times I've had the entire other team rush me to shut me down and everyone is just off doing something else it's like please help me lol.

I may change my mind on the Harrier, although I really like that role I think the Battle Medic is my favourite. I kind of like hanging back healing and keeping everyone topped up. I do notice however people like the heals but no one looks after the medic lol. So many times I've had the entire other team rush me to shut me down and everyone is just off doing something else it's like please help me lol.

do what i do. fly into your team so they can die LOL.

they might realize and start shooting.

Cmagus

do what i do. fly into your team so they can die LOL.

they might realize and start shooting.

I'm tempted to do that lol. I kind of wish the Medic had an ability to throw down a short aoe heal that the team could stand in I think that would make things more interesting.

I'm tempted to do that lol. I kind of wish the Medic had an ability to throw down a short aoe heal that the team could stand in I think that would make things more interesting.

isnt' that what her ult is? can heal inside her barrier and block incoming shots lol.

Cmagus

isnt' that what her ult is? can heal inside her barrier and block incoming shots lol.

Yeah but it would be nice to just have a normal one that puts a little circle or something on the floor. Still it's a fun class and I'll probably stick with it for awhile.

Yeah but it would be nice to just have a normal one that puts a little circle or something on the floor. Still it's a fun class and I'll probably stick with it for awhile.

i mean it could but we can huddle in the healing station and then die to the enemy team lol.

you seen how long it takes to open boxes? LOL
Yup. The little things like that.
Battle Medic FTW! My favorite class to play right now too, which is strange as I typically hate healing classes in shooters.

Too many samey orange rank skins though. Everybody's just wearing a helmet and armor, only Sunshine's has any particular personality. Disappointing that Faust's Cyberdemon skin doesn't look more like the Doom 2016 Cyberdemon.

Wait in the shadows for your enemy and use grenades. That's what helped me in the beta but it's a class that takes a lot of work for sure.

That doesn't sound very exciting. I like the double jump, the dash, and having a shotgun, but overall it doesn't work for me.

Perineum

Feel bad for my buddy who picked the game up. He and I met on Gears 1, and have been playing games ever since. He is always an absolute monster in everything we play and nets first play 99% of the time on any shooter you can think of.

The exceptions have been Gears of War 4, and now Lawbreakers. I constantly get first place, high K low D, objective animal, yadda yadda S rank. Today he couldn't really break 4th place in any game we played. He's circling the cast, but can't settle on a main chicken. I thought he'd end up being a gunslinger pro like me, but that isn't the case.

Feeling myself in this game though. <3

Too many samey orange rank skins though. Everybody's just wearing a helmet and armor, only Sunshine's has any particular personality. Disappointing that Faust's Cyberdemon skin doesn't look more like the Doom 2016 Cyberdemon.

That doesn't sound very exciting. I like the double jump, the dash, and having a shotgun, but overall it doesn't work for me.
I thought the Assassin was way more fun in the PS4 closed beta, probably because she was a tad broken. Swords were much easier to connect and it just felt super rad, like first person Ninja Gaiden or something lol

Though I didn't use the shotgun at all. I've started using it (particularly the charge shot) and I enjoy it. Nice way to pick off an enemy in your base trying to escape

That was a long ass game. It was 5-5 and went to overtime. We played in overtime for like another 15 minutes and nobody could score. I eventually got the winning goal with a Death From Above. There really should be some type of limit because that was ridiculous. Both teams had a Jugg that would just stand by the goal and put up that fucking wall every time. It was a good game, but that shit was just too long.

Booshka

On PS4, looking for some people to play with, Booshka_ is my PSN. I haven't really settled on a sensitivity or class, but mostly play Wraith, Gunslinger and Medic. Was wondering what FoV and sensitivity people are at. I play at 100 FoV and 70/60 sensitivity. Trying the Alternative control scheme so I have more usage with Blindfire in Zero G. I see a lot of potential with this game, just hope it has legs and support.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Wait in the shadows for your enemy and use grenades. That's what helped me in the beta but it's a class that takes a lot of work for sure.

Assassin is one of our "expert difficulty" classes, despite the fact that melee might seem beginner friendly at first, she's squishy and gets chewed up by hitscan at range. A few tips if you want to put some real time into her:

- The shotgun is your friend. Great damage and a fast reload, the charge up does insane burst. Practice leading your targets because the projectiles have some travel time.

- Grappling onto enemies does crazy damage if you can actually land it. If you do land a grapple, spam the hell out of the primary fire button to make sure you continue the combo

- Use the flux grenade to disrupt enemies and shield yourself from enemy projectiles (it leaves a zone of inverse gravity which causes projectiles to veer upwards and miss)

- double jump and dash combo-ing can make you really hard to hit, so try to juke people as much as possible

- if you want to go into melee range with the grapple swords, try to use the grapple to swing behind enemy lines and enter a fight unexpectedly. also try to save a charge for gap closing onto enemies who run away from your first two melee strikes, as a lot of damage is tied up in the 3rd melee combo attack.

- don't be afraid to run away from ranged hitscan and re-engage a fight on better terms.

Playing Assassin tends to be pretty hard because it requires both practice with the character and really solid map knowledge/awareness to position yourself. Stick with it though and she's one of the most fun/rewarding characters to play.

Demoskinos

DG197VcUAAAraDy.jpg

Just had this drop. :)

Coming off of a 0 Deaths Battle Medic game as well! I think I finally figured that class out better and its a ton of fun.

That health boost is crazy especially when you apply it to a Juggernaut or Titan. You get one of those two classes to buddy up with you and you can rampage.

People neglect the Assassin shotgun a lot but it's a beast. I think melee/ability spammers moved over to Wraith when he came out now Assassin is more about using a combination of gun and blades.

Gunslinger seems nerfed since the last beta, did they make any changes or are people just better dodging now?

Also Vanguard on Trench is currently my favorite thing. It's like playing a fighter jet.

MastAndo

Picked it up this evening for PS4 and after playing for a few hours, I've been having a lot of fun with the game. I was sure I was going to go in and get smoked, but I've been holding my own with Vanguard (even though my win-loss ratio is crap right now). I like Harrier as well, but the primary weapon on Vanguard just suits me more.

Minus one match where an Assassin was effortlessly slicing everyone up while defending the battery, everything felt pretty, well, fair with competitive games. No hidden snipers one-shotting you from afar, and I felt like the gun battles I lost were my own fault.

It was already beginning to feel a bit "same-y" after a few hours, but it was still fun throughout. I'm not sure how long I'll last with this one, but if you're in the mood for a fast-twitch, no-frills competitive shooter, this certainly hits the spot.

I still think the fact that you can't mess around in any sort of mode on the PS4 to test out the classes while shooting at things is a pretty gross oversight - if not bots, then something like the Overwatch practice range would suffice to help figure things out without being a detriment to your team.

T.v

Picked it up this evening for PS4 and after playing for a few hours, I've been having a lot of fun with the game. I was sure I was going to go in and get smoked, but I've been holding my own with Vanguard (even though my win-loss ratio is crap right now). I like Harrier as well, but the primary weapon on Vanguard just suits me more.

Minus one match where an Assassin was effortlessly slicing everyone up while defending the battery, everything felt pretty, well, fair with competitive games. No hidden snipers one-shotting you from afar, and I felt like the gun battles I lost were my own fault.

It was already beginning to feel a bit "same-y" after a few hours, but it was still fun throughout. I'm not sure how long I'll last with this one, but if you're in the mood for a fast-twitch, no-frills competitive shooter, this certainly hits the spot.

I still think the fact that you can't mess around in any sort of mode on the PS4 to test out the classes while shooting at things is a pretty gross oversight - if not bots, then something like the Overwatch practice range would suffice to help figure things out without being a detriment to your team.

What I did was just start a custom game on my own. Sure, there's no bots or anything but it's good for testing out movement and abilities.

MastAndo

What I did was just start a custom game on my own. Sure, there's no bots or anything but it's good for testing out movement and abilities.
Yeah, that suggestion was given before, and I did that as well. Still, it would be nice to get an idea of weapon damage/range, etc.

Booshka

4K/60FPS on PS4 Pro is a nice selling point, but there are far too many drops in framerate for that to be something to brag about. I'll take 1080 if it is actually 100% 60FPS. Even a split second dip into the 40s pisses me off. Lock the framerate or let me lower the quality so it never drops.

T.v

Harrier is starting to click a bit more. You really got to learn when to and when not to engage. close quarters you will get wrecked. Luckily, the movement allows for pretty quick escapes mostly.
Quick question: the boot lasers, when you go backwards, do they do any damage. Haven't been able to test this, and it seems like they should.

Harrier is starting to click a bit more. You really got to learn when to and when not to engage. close quarters you will get wrecked. Luckily, the movement allows for pretty quick escapes mostly.
Quick question: the boot lasers, when you go backwards, do they do any damage. Haven't been able to test this, and it seems like they should.

Yep. you can absolutely melt an assassin as she grapples in on you.

Top Bottom