• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

The shotgun really is a huge part of the Assassin's play style

07StClf.gif

oELX9xl.gif

Oh, I do, but I'm coming from Wraith ;)

"This class is so much fun! Please nerf." Nerfing the fun is how you kill a shooter. Bungie destroyed Destiny with nerfs.

Hah, that's a good way of putting it and making me second-guess the thought, but there is a balance to be had.

I know my general skill level in shooters. Decent, but not great. When I play the other characters, it plays out how I expect. With Harrier, I'm far outshining my normal level of play.

Either the character speaks to me in a way that nearly every other character in every other competitive skill-based shooter doesn't, or its overpowered.

It really could be either of those options because I'm having a shitload of fun with her that I haven't felt since like Tribes 2. But I must also keep in mind that the character may just simply be OP.

"This class is so much fun! Please nerf." Nerfing the fun is how you kill a shooter. Bungie destroyed Destiny with nerfs.

indeed, just buff the rest :D or atleast wait for a few months, people are new to the classes and some just feel "unfair" when you seemingly get instakilled by a handful of good players that could do it on any class i bet :D

I like Wraith a lot now but i get constantly outgunned by Vanguards, and when i play a Vanguard, i can't keep up with Wraiths :D

r8er34

On PS4, looking for some people to play with, Booshka_ is my PSN. I haven't really settled on a sensitivity or class, but mostly play Wraith, Gunslinger and Medic. Was wondering what FoV and sensitivity people are at. I play at 100 FoV and 70/60 sensitivity. Trying the Alternative control scheme so I have more usage with Blindfire in Zero G. I see a lot of potential with this game, just hope it has legs and support.

I'll add you. Is gaf on discord for this game?

r8er34

Gunslinger and Vanguard for me at the moment. I got a great enforcer skin that looks like Titan armor from destiny, but I am not great with the guy even though he's fairly vanilla. Any tips for him?

Gunslinger and Vanguard for me at the moment. I got a great enforcer skin that looks like Titan armor from destiny, but I am not great with the guy even though he's fairly vanilla. Any tips for him?

he is like the Soldier 76 of this game, just has a high DPS assaultrifle that outguns most classes :D

E92 M3

Hah, that's a good way of putting it and making me second-guess the thought, but there is a balance to be had.

I know my general skill level in shooters. Decent, but not great. When I play the other characters, it plays out how I expect. With Harrier, I'm far outshining my normal level of play.

Either the character speaks to me in a way that nearly every other character in every other competitive skill-based shooter doesn't, or its overpowered.

It really could be either of those options because I'm having a shitload of fun with her that I haven't felt since like Tribes 2. But I must also keep in mind that the character may just simply be OP.

The character may very well speak to you. ALSO, it is good game design to make the players feel OP without actually being OP ;) People are scared to have fun these days.

indeed, just buff the rest :D or atleast wait for a few months, people are new to the classes and some just feel "unfair" when you seemingly get instakilled by a handful of good players that could do it on any class i bet :D

I like Wraith a lot now but i get constantly outgunned by Vanguards, and when i play a Vanguard, i can't keep up with Wraiths :D

In theory, a good player should make any class feel OP - and that's true with this game. I've faced crazy medics that made my life hell lol.

Lucifon

Screw it, game looks cool and I need to stop being concerned about player numbers. Just grabbed the deluxe edition and will stream some tonight. If I enjoy it I might see if I can run some kind of giveaway or something. I understand the whole not buying a game because you're worried about numbers, I do it myself, but in doing so it's a self fulfilling prophecy - Steam's refund system makes it zero risk too afterall.

JWiLL

Banned
Haven't picked up the full version yet but plan to this weekend, loved the beta.

I grew up playing Quake 2 (and play a ton of OW now) so it was easy to adjust to the weapons/speed/verticality.

I would also agree with Cliffy in that this game is focused more on gun skill than meta/hero picks, unlike OW. I'm certainly liking that aspect.

I would also agree with Cliffy in that this game is focused more on gun skill than meta/hero picks, unlike OW. I'm certainly liking that aspect.

yeah, it's mainly about movement skill and picking a gun you like. The super abilities (beyond Harrier) are pretty mild.

E92 M3

I just realized why Cronos was making me feel nostalgic...his character can be completely inserted into any Twisted Metal game lol.

EL CUCO

Is that the shotgun? Shame you can't select the default weapon.
Yea, in the beta I basically used the shotty as a primary then pull out the blades when I could close the distance. It does require a ton of skill imo, but feels great when you learn her. The really good Assassin's are DEADLY.

Champloo4

Loving this game so much. Played for 3 hours last night - all as the Enforcer.

IDGAF about the people talking shit about this game, or getting off on low sales numbers or whatever.

This game is a blast, full of fast action. Never had a problem finding a match. Always full, loaded in a lobby instantly.

I feel like the active community is going to stay with this game, myself included.

I do hope one day they add playlists of each game type. I could play Overcharge forever.

EL CUCO

Honestly, I'm just playing to have fun and use any class I feel like using (even if I suck with it). When Ranked mode comes out, I'll get sweaty lol

Also, there's strong implications that Ranked will be limited to 1 or 2 roles per team, so its better for me to get used to playing them now.

arimanius

Taimou is streaming LawBreakers right now if you want to feel bad about how well you play lol

https://www.twitch.tv/taimoutv

edit* he says he likes the game and it's really fun just thinks the damage is way to high. Makes sense coming from OW.

edit edit* he's playing harrier now and crackling like a mad man at the damage rofl.

Symbiotx

If you keep buffing everything to compensate for the overpowered weapon, you get power creep until everything feels the same and everything is overpowered.

buff reload speed for medic and no dmg from your own grenades.

also what does LCTRL do other than a vertical launch of your grenades.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
buff reload speed for medic and no dmg from your own grenades.

also what does LCTRL do other than a vertical launch of your grenades.

LCTRL is blindfire, hold it shoot your weapon backwards. You can use it to hit people behind you (not easy!) rocket jump or boost through low gravity.

LCTRL is blindfire, hold it shoot your weapon backwards. You can use it to hit people behind you (not easy!) rocket jump or boost through low gravity.

oh it shoots from behind? lol. probably makes sense because i'm always getting chased. i need to use that more often. i usually just turn around and Shift + S away and spam so i can see (even though my map awareness for now isn't that great)

arimanius

So is it worth getting? Because I might pick this up for PC if so.

Watch a few streams and see if it's your type of game. I'm starting to wish I picked it up for the PC since it seems like a much faster pace game on it compared to the PS4. As inxy said you can always get a refund if you try it out and don't like it.

Budi

i don't think pc people are using mic. either. the games ive played no one talked. and i played for 15 hours lol
I'm part of the problem. First time booting up the game, somebody didn't have the decency to use push the talk. And I heard everything from baby crying to their in-game sounds so I just gave up and disabled the voice chat :I

So as I've already stated here, I'm bad at this game. Just got my first MVP after the Beta. =D But doesn't really hurt my enjoyment. If I can help with the objectives and get a K/D of 1 I'm happy. Low bar and expectations in check.
Got my first blindfire kill. An assassin scared the shit out me and I blind fired a rocket into her.
Haha mine was very similar, though I was just rocket jumping. Had no idea anybody was behind me, happy accident!
the thing is. it says push to talk (V) enabled but my mic wasn't PTT? so i had to mute my mic
Oh interesting, I wonder if it's bugged in current state then. Haven't tried any of it, just muted everything, including myself.

I'm part of the problem. First time booting up the game, somebody didn't have the decency to use push the talk. And I heard everything from baby crying to their in-game sounds so I just gave up and disabled the voice chat :I

So as I've already stated here, I'm bad at this game. Just got my first MVP after the Beta. =D But doesn't really hurt my enjoyment. If I can help with the objectives and get a K/D of 1 I'm happy.

the thing is. it says push to talk (V) enabled but my mic wasn't PTT? so i had to mute my mic

Wonder if a typical comm wheel would be beneficial to have here. I would just use it to spam 'DEFEND' over and over

it would be cool. i keep pressing F on objective as if i was in OW lol.

also people not spamming T enough for heals. or people diving into a a group of 3 and dying.. i still need to get close enough to E you up.

Budi

There's no review thread yet? Anybody up for it? Would be great if people could pop in that thread too to see how it's received by those who have played it and not just talk about the low sales numbers like it would have much to do with the game's quality.

Edit: I'll put one up! I'll try to update it as well as I can.

And it's up! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418066 Maybe add it to the OP too?

Top Bottom