• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

Budi

Congrats! I'm really struggling with the Assassin frenzy double kill achievement, how much damage does the activation actually do and does it have any range or do the players need to be lumped together?

I'm still 4 achievements short for getting everything. First prestige rank, I'm around 45 right now I believe. 150 wins in any game mode, this will take a while since I just got all the achievements for 50 in the last few days. And 25 full charge Omega shot kills, won't be a problem if I just play the dude bit more.

Tokubetsu

Nice work, this one is actually a bit tough to get. Most of the time when I attempt it I can hit more than one but usually the damage on the enemies is still too high for it to kill them.

yeah when i did it i 100% thought i was only get one guy lol, i was mainly doing it to try and mess up the point for them

Cmagus

I'm stealing this from the official forums but they're doing a challenge:

Hey LawBreakers!

Welcome to a new challenge - LawBreakers Challenge #002! If you missed #001 and want to check out the awesome clips that we received, go here: http://bit.ly/LBChallenge001

Remember -- to enter these challenges, we want you to record yourself completing said challenge (Quick Match only!) and then submit the video here on the forum thread with your in-game name, platform, date & time of the recording.

We figured we'd up the difficulty for our second challenge…

ACHIEVE AN ANNIHILATION

Unsure of what an Annihilation is? Basically, it's when you wipe out the entire enemy team. BY YOURSELF. So yeah, it's time to jump in-game, get to recording, prove your skills, and submit your video here! The top 5 best clips will be rewarded with (2) Stash Drops. Clips will be judged by LB staff.

Remember to post your videos here and you may see your videos promoted on our social channels! Twitter Facebook

Rules:

One entry per person
QUICK MATCH ONLY!
Entry must be submitted on the forum thread
Entry post must include your platform (PC or PS4)
PS4 – Entry post must include your PSN name
PC – Entry post must include your Steam profile link
All entries will be verified and judged by LB staff
Top 5 winners will be granted (2) Stash Drops
Entries will be accepted until 11:59PM PDT on September 13, 2017

I'm gonna try for this but I've yet to actually achieve an annihilation though lol.

The only time I've gotten an annihilation was when some of the enemies were pretty low HP already. It's harder to do with classes where you have to plink down the enemy like vanguard or enforcer, but someone with more bursty damage like titan will probably be the easiest.

Patrick S.

Banned
I just noticed that the community of this game is not toxic. Wonder why. Usually is the case for any online games.

Well, I got called a troll by several people because on four different occasions, I've mentioned my concern over the low player numbers in this OT, and finally I said the game is dead. Which is the truth. So the "community" in the OT of this forum at least seemed toxic enough to me.

Kayant

Well, I got called a troll by several people because on four different occasions, I've mentioned my concern over the low player numbers in the OT, and finally I said the game is dead. Which is the truth. So the "community" in that OT seemed toxic enough to me.
I mean when you come into an OT and talk about nothing but "concern" over player numbers it's not surprising some replies that have been made.
Given we are the ones playing the game we already know the situation of how it's affecting us. You coming to tell us in a thread dedicated to discussion of the game trying to tell us how "dead" it is frankly silly.

-MD-

I mean when you come into an OT and talk about nothing but "concern" over player numbers it's not surprising some replies that have been made.
Given we are the ones playing the game we already know the situation of how it's affecting us. You coming to tell us in a thread dedicated to discussion of the game trying to tell us how "dead" it is frankly silly.

Yep.

Patrick S.

Banned

I don't see it that way. I am, no, I was, a potential customer who was interested in buying this game. So I went to the OT to check out what people where saying about it. I liked what I saw, and you guys are having fun with the game, and that's awesome, and I really wanted to be one of you, but then I go check the player numbers and voice my surprised/shocked/disappointed reaction of "DAMN!" here in this thread. Should I open a new thread to express my reaction? No, I'm not interested in doing that. And other people already have. But you can't just shush me away just because I'm not saying what you think I should be saying in an OT. An OT is not a place where a comment like the ones I made should be deemed inappropiate. And at no time did I come here being like "haha lel suck it cliffyb", like others have done.

Kayant

I don't see it that way. I am, no, I was, a potential customer who was interested in buying this game. So I went to the OT to check out what people where saying about it. I liked what I saw, and you guys are having fun with the game, and that's awesome, and I really wanted to be one of you, but then I go check the player numbers and voice my surprised/shocked/disappointed reaction of "DAMN!" here in this thread. Should I open a new thread to express my reaction? No, I'm not interested in doing that. And other people already have. But you can't just shush me away just because I'm not saying what you think I should be saying in an OT. An OT is not a place where a comment like the ones I made should be deemed inappropiate. And at no time did I come here being like "haha lel suck it cliffyb", like others have done.
I get what you're saying and am not saying it's inappropriate or not valid(It very much is!) it's just the fact on multiple occasions all your interest in the game seems to have been about that one subject and nothing more.

I would imagine one would also want to discuss other aspects of the game to get further insight/interest but I guess people approach things differently.

Another thing is it's a subject matter that people have come in here to just troll about so it kinda gets tiring hearing the same thing over and over again.

I mean as a subject matter it's one that am sure is in the back of most people's heads but at least for me I would rather focus on other aspects of the game I have more control of or can provide feedback on to further help the game such as discussing patches and such.

Patrick S.

Banned
I get what your saying and am saying not it's inappropriate or not valid(It's very much so) it's just the fact on multiple occasions all your interest in the game has been about that one subject and nothing more.

I would imagine one would also want to discuss other aspects of the game to get further insight/interest but I guess people approach things differently.

Another thing is it's a subject matter that people have come in here to just troll about so it kinda gets trying hearing the same thing over and over again.

I mean as a subject matter it's one that am sure is in the back of most people's heads but at least for me I would rather focus on other aspects of the game I have more control of or can provide feedback on to further help the game such as discussing patches and such.

Fair enough ;)

The game is still real to me damnit D:

I'm still bad at it, but holy shit I haven't had this much fun playing a shooter in years. Why must I pick the one with such a low playerbase? :(

I still get games fast, even if that means recognizing people now. People that are better than me.

But you know, I like that a bit. Reminds me of the last legs of AvP2 back in like 2005 or 2006. Show up in a server and know everyone's name.

teepo

luckily i haven't had any problems finding matches in less than a minute while playing in the evenings. for reference, it took me 2-3x as long for the matchmaker in titanfall 2 to put together a match the day after its latest major patch which had loads of new content.

us east here

dugdug

Banned
How the hell do you get the Clingy achievement? I swear I've done it, like, 5 times now (hooked right into a dude and killed him immediately when connecting) and still nothing.

Demoskinos

There have been like literally 3-4 threads discussing the playerbase of the game already. When we already have that many threads (on a near weekly basis now) yeah people are going to be a tad defensive when you come into the OT and bring up that subject yet again.

Budi

How the hell do you get the Clingy achievement? I swear I've done it, like, 5 times now (hooked right into a dude and killed him immediately when connecting) and still nothing.
Hmm, by connecting you mean when the grapple hits them with 50 damage or when you are pulled to the enemy and do the extra 175 damage? I'm not sure about this but I think it needs to be the former which kills them.

dugdug

Banned
Ah, good call, that would explain it. Thanks! The assassin's weapon specific trophies are the only ones I don't have and it was driving me crazy. The frenzy one doesn't really make sense to me either, but, that's more of a thing where I just can't see any situation where I'd be able to pull it off.

Budi

Ah, good call, that would explain it. Thanks! The assassin's weapon specific trophies are the only ones I don't have and it was driving me crazy. The frenzy one doesn't really make sense to me either, but, that's more of a thing where I just can't see any situation where I'd be able to pull it off.
Yeah the Frenzy is only one I'm still missing besides prestige and 150 wins on one game mode, but those will come just by playing whatever class I want. And the problem is that I'm not much of a fan of assassin. I think she is a great class, one of the best, but I just perform very unevenly since I'm not that good with her. So I usually change pretty fast when I feel being problem to our team. I pick her for occupy, since that's the game mode where people are most often lumped together. So it would be easier to score that double kill from the activation of it.

E92 M3

The Frenzy one is tricky - basically, when you press the ult button she does an attack and that attack needs to kill two people.

Sleepy Hooman

Neo Member
Trying to play the whole day and it just won't work... Base PS4, good connection, and everything, tried on 4.74 (latest official) and I even updated to Beta 5.00 and I still get CE-34878-0 Error Code :/

Budi

I don't want to sound negative, but I was wishing for more =D This is cool too. And they are announcing their road map next week so my thirst for information will be quenched I believe.
Trying to play the whole day and it just won't work... Base PS4, good connection, and everything, tried on 4.74 (latest official) and I even updated to Beta 5.00 and I still get CE-34878-0 Error Code :/
Aaw that sucks. Don't have any advice to share unfortunately. I wonder how long people will keep saying that it's just PC with these kind of problems.

Budi

Looks like the added the tutorials/sandbox to the PS4 version
I really wish they used the the role analysis videos instead than what they have now (unless those videos have been updated already). I feel those are so much better, more information and more personality. Or even the dev tutorials would be improvement. Though the tone of those wouldn't really fit as in game videos as well as the role analysis would.

2pPq1ry.jpg

_DrMario_

Just played my first 3 matches in over a week since I was gone. Two of them were 4 vs 5. Hopefully the game goes back to around 700 concurrent players, I had no trouble finding games back then.

Anyway game is still a blast. Juggernaut felt stronger then I remember.

Awesome. Gimme those new maps! I wonder what skirmishes are? Is that just a DM/TDM mode or maybe something like rocket arena? With the base combat being so good in this game I think a rocket arena style mode would be pretty great, especially if servers would run it while games are still waiting for players to fill before starting a regular team mode.

Perineum

Im curious about the PS4 pool of players size.

Reasoning being that introducing ranked without a lot of people playing makes going 50-50 win loss next to impossible.

Kinda hope the new class is more of a heavy type. Always impresses me to see really good Titans and Juggs, while Wraiths were way too common when they came out.

Maybe a heavy that excels at long range combat since Titan and Jugg have mid and close locked down. Not like a sniper since that wouldn't fit the pace of the game, it'd have to be something you can dodge like a charge up rifle or projectile.

That silhouette seems to imply that the new class is of the "big and bulky" variety, which I welcome! Titan and Juggernaut could use some company~

That aside, I'm glad to see that roadmap! I will be eager to see each of those updates implemented!

OrangeOak

all that negative videos posted on gaf made me want to try this game out.
I am looking for some new multiplayer game either way. I have to ask though, will I find a good connection match in europe? That low player base makes me nervous.

Budi

I am looking for some new multiplayer game either way. I have to ask though, will I find a good connection match in europe? That low player base makes me nervous.
I can only talk for PC, majority of the times yes. Like earlier in the evening today I got matches in 30 seconds or so. Sometimes in more unconventional times like early in the morning I've waited for "even" 2 minutes without luck, so changed to US-East. My ms in US servers is around 130. But while not ofcourse perfect, I've been able to perfom surprisingly well with that too. I'm just about to hop into the game so let's see how it goes.

Edit: Also sometimes there's been difficulties to fill the lobby after a game if there are a lot of people leaving after a match. But finding a new lobby has helped with that. So I can't or even want to promise you that it's really fast, but it's still been unexpectedly solid. Never have I booted the game up and quit without playing because I couldn't get into a game. More people giving it a chance regardless of the current numbers can only help with that too =)

Edit 2: It took literally two seconds this time to find a lobby. But ofcourse it's also the weekend.

OrangeOak

I can only talk for PC, majority of the times yes. Like earlier in the evening today I got matches in 30 seconds or so. Sometimes in more unconventional times like early in the morning I've waited for "even" 2 minutes without luck, so changed to US-East. My ms in US servers is around 130. But while not ofcourse perfect, I've been able to perfom surprisingly well with that too. I'm just about to hop into the game so let's see how it goes.

Edit: Also sometimes there's been difficulties to fill the lobby after a game if there are a lot of people leaving after a match. But finding a new lobby has helped with that. So I can't or even want to promise you that it's really fast, but it's still been unexpectedly solid. Never have I booted the game up and quit without playing because I couldn't get into a game. More people giving it a chance regardless of the current numbers can only help with that too =)

Edit 2: It took literally two seconds this time to find a lobby. But ofcourse it's also the weekend.

Thank you for your answer. I will be getting this on Steam.
Even that 2 minutes doesn't sound that bad, I sometimes wait over 4 in Gears 4 on Xbox One and I think it's more populated game.

Kayant

Haven't played in about two weeks and just recently got into a game in slightly longer than usual <1m. We still good &#128525;

Top Bottom