• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Tecmo!

Troidal

norinrad21 said:
That about wraps it up.

Hopefully Capcom/SquareEnix employees won't get any funny ideas :lol :lol

Let the revolution begin!!! *fist pump*

Seriously, the Japanese gaming industry needs a major overhaul of its labor practices.

BboyDubC

I don't understand why people are saying of all companies for NINTENDO to buy Team Ninja. What freakin sense does that make? The only games Team Ninja makes are bloody, violent games filled with big boobs. Nintendo would be the LAST company to buy them... or is that just pure fanboy gesturing? Certainly has no basis for proposal.

Haeleos

BboyDubC said:
I don't understand why people are saying of all companies for NINTENDO to buy Team Ninja. What freakin sense does that make? The only games Team Ninja makes are bloody, violent games filled with big boobs. Nintendo would be the LAST company to buy them... or is that just pure fanboy gesturing? Certainly has no basis for proposal.

The link being FFIV is a horror game on the Wii version, but yea, I see Microsoft trying to get something together right now since NG2 is their God of War killer.

Dascu

BboyDubC said:
Nintendo *should* buy Team Ninja because they lack games of that type. Besides, they're co-funding Fatal Frame, so it's not as if Nintendo doesn't care about hardcore games of that type.

Sleeker

xbox19.jpg

tetsuoxb

adversesolutions said:
::starts handing out flyers in tenmabashi::

Yeah, because all those Craft & Meister employees are ready for revolt.

We all know labors woes can be solved by only one thing.

Commemorative bottles of wine.

Haeleos

thrasher said:
Tecmo games have too much testosterone for the Nintendo fa... I mean fans.

Bad form, Peter!

Anyways, Nintendo doesn't do acquisitions really. If Team Ninja isn't scooped up by MSoft, they will drop the ball in a hard way. Tecmo didn't fund NG2 by themselves, so Team Ninja are probably looking at Microsoft since they sign the cheques.

Then again, Itagaki has a shit load of money, so it's not like he's in a rush either.

FoxSpirit said:
Explain yourself. This isn't DoA2 in a new wardrobe, you know.

(Someone might look up my gamertag and accuse me of not playing it again, so I won't.) But I will. DoA4 feels rough after playing so much VF5, is all. It's crazy they have the deepest 3d action game in NG2, but their fighting game counterpart is probably the weakest of the big 4 in terms of technical play and depth. It's still enjoyable though, so I guess there's room for it's silliness.

Nolan.

Troidal said:
Let the revolution begin!!! *fist pump*

Seriously, the Japanese gaming industry needs a major overhaul of its labor practices.

Could you imagine what would happen if some important square employees left for mistwalker...

I don't think it would happen but this gen is just full of surprises I never saw coming.

a.wd

Haeleos said:
(Someone might look up my gamertag and accuse me of not playing it again, so I won't.) But I will. DoA4 feels rough after playing so much VF5, is all. It's crazy they have the deepest 3d action game in NG2, but their fighting game counterpart is probably the weakest of the big 4 in terms of technical play and depth. It's still enjoyable though, so I guess there's room for it's silliness.

I like DOA, its combat is much more tuned to level the playing field for vs matches in terms of strategy rather than encyclopaedic knowledge of a certain characters move list. I can go up against a master and rather than kissing his taint while he throws me around I can at least make a decent fist of things. I think Virtua fighter is the better technical game but what would my mates rather play?

FoxSpirit

Haeleos said:

Well, yeah, maybe, but even so it's a fun game that now, in it's 4th iteration has become a decent 3D fighter. Btw, Japan plays Tekken at the moment. Crazy world, ain't it? :D

batbeg

Smiles and Cries said:
I hope Nintendo gets Fatal Frame out before the store is closed

better yet they should by the store :D

I've kind of been wondering. Nintendo said they don't buy companies unless they have a technology or IPs which will be of benefit to them, and now with Tecmo developing so much on Nintendo systems, and having so many IPs... that would be freakin' epic. I don't really expect it to happen, but it keeps nagging at me.

slade

MS's not going to take in all of Itagaki's buddies if Tecmo does fall apart. What you're looking at here is the dissolution of Team Ninja if this does go down and should Itagaki go to MS, he'll probably get the Sakaguchi treatment and get put to work overseeing the monkeys that created Blinx. Maybe by that time he could put together a game that doesn't need a patch the moment it hits the market.

I love how everyone is more concerned about Tecmo Bowl than the company going under and ceasing to exist, haha.

Tecmo Bowl better make it out of they'll have hell to pay!

Bust Nak

Hmm, their game have been selling pretty good haven't they? There wasn't any high pofile bomba, plus they have a few more games close to release. Surely they would have pay up if they had the cash (Assuming Itagaki and co's claim is legit and Tecmo loses the court case.) I wonder what happened to all the money?

pswii60

Onions said:
divertido :lol

Itagaki's new team better be one of Microsoft's aces for e3 like, seriously.
There is no way Itagaki could head up a team for MS. He doesn't even slightly fit in to their corporate culture.

The only way it would work is by Itagaki setting up his own company and MS funding/publishing his titles or something, but it's a big step to move from producer to running a company.

Amir0x

Banned
Itagaki is a douche, but if this is the true fallout from the situation then Tecmo is obviously deserving of punishment for this sort of thing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tecmo is like the Japan version of Midway. 90% of the software they shat out was rubbish anyway.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Kasumi1970 said:
i was hoping for a fatal frame on the 360 or ps3.

ugh, and here we are still saying goodbye to these old values. I wish we didn't and they'd just vanish like before, it's simpler and less painful, instead we're having a tacky infatuation with them at their factual end. That very existence is evidence of it and it's sad to watch.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Haeleos said:
The link being FFIV is a horror game on the Wii version, but yea, I see Microsoft trying to get something together right now since NG2 is their God of War killer.
So the link is absolutely non-existent.

Hint: Fatal Frame is not made by Team Ninja.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dascu said:
Poor Rygar and Tecmo Bowl Wii.
<Dascu> lolololol why would Rygar Wii be in trouble just because of Itagaki leaving? lololoolol.

The paraphrase speaks for itself, young man. :mad:

Dascu

Easy_D said:
<Dascu> lolololol why would Rygar Wii be in trouble just because of Itagaki leaving? lololoolol.

The paraphrase speaks for itself, young man. :mad:
Dude, I said that days ago, when it was just Itagaki leaving.

Monocle

Hot damn, Itagaki leaves and it all comes crashing down. I expected there to be repercussions, but nothing approaching this.

batbeg said:
I've kind of been wondering. Nintendo said they don't buy companies unless they have a technology or IPs which will be of benefit to them, and now with Tecmo developing so much on Nintendo systems, and having so many IPs... that would be freakin' epic. I don't really expect it to happen, but it keeps nagging at me.
Actually they see the value of a company in its people. They only consider a buy-out if the the goals etc. are comparable to those of Nintendo and thus the human ressources can be kept and they don't have to fear people leaving the company and thus robbing them of said ressources.

Considering this I don't see Nintendo getting involved...with all the people leaving etc.

manzo

Unpaid bonuses are always the worst thing that can happen for programmers in Japan. First Itagaki, then the 30 Team Ninja people and now all 300 Tecmo workers.

Tecmo's president is in for a RIDE!

1213251216308.gif

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
manzo said:
Unpaid bonuses are always the worst thing that can happen for programmers in Japan. First Itagaki, then the 30 Team Ninja people and now all 300 Tecmo workers.

Tecmo's president is in for a RIDE!

1213251216308.gif

WTF!! Thats can't be real!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
BboyDubC said:
I don't understand why people are saying of all companies for NINTENDO to buy Team Ninja.
Just look at the people who are saying this - that should be enough.

Top Bottom