• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.08: "Recon" ("Stop Sending Me Messages Over Live I Don't Have It" Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

I have not seen the pics yet (and I won't look!), so I feel left out :/.

And, are people forgetting that Juliet died?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
gdt5016 said:
I have not seen the pics yet (and I won't look!), so I feel left out :/.

And, are people forgetting that Juliet died?
It's easy to forget, since most people assumed she died in the S5 finale.

gdt

KevinCow said:
...Where she set off a nuclear bomb inches from her face. After falling a couple hundred feet onto concrete.

Yeah, but going by that, everyone at the Swan would've died.

mrkgoo

Was it explained why Kate's dress is in the cage?

I'm rewatching lost, and I've just got to the Episode where Kate escapes the Hydra and returns to the beach camp wearing that dress.

I had a dream last night about watching the next episode of Lost. It was pretty awesome, Jacob and MIB were standing on the beach and the Black Rock came ashore. Jacob said "We have to kill them" and MIB asked him why. Then the Black Rock guys started walking across the beach and Jacob started doing a crushing movement with his hand, aiming at people, and they were collapsing into dusts of ash. He walked onto the Black Rock and freed Alpert and said "You're safe now. You're with me" while MIB stood looking shocked. Then MIB gathered the ash from the bodies Jacob murdered and put them through some stone slots on the floor and they fired out, swirling around him and turning him into Smokey. He started going insane, ripping trees up and roaring and Jacob says "What have I done, brother?" before running into the jungle with Alpert. Then I woke up literally almost pissing myself.

KevinCow

Banned
mrkgoo said:

I'm rewatching lost, and I've just got to the Episode where Kate escapes the Hydra and returns to the beach camp wearing that dress.

I thought that was kinda odd, too. Plus it was in pretty good condition for being left in the middle of a jungle for three years.

I guess it was just there to remind the audience, "Hey, this is where Sawyer and Kate fucked, remember?"

panda21

are we allowed to post stupid theories in this thread? i just had a revelation last night, but i don't understand why there are about 3 different lost threads.

Falch

Maybe I'm just slow but only on rewatching the episode did I realize that the guy who bumps into Sawyer at the police station asking for his brother is actually Charlie's brother. Mind blown when I realized that.

RedShift

Just rewatched. Missed Miles saying 'You want to die alone?' first time. Shame, references to 'Live together or die alone' are one of the rules in the LOST drinking game me and a friend play.

Can anyone hook me up with the name/character of the next episode?

KevinCow

Banned
panda21 said:
are we allowed to post stupid theories in this thread? i just had a revelation last night, but i don't understand why there are about 3 different lost threads.

Weekly thread is for discussion regarding stuff that's aired.

Minor spoilers thread is for officially released information on future episodes, including stuff like returning actors and future centric characters. This thread was made because having whole pages consisting of spoilerized blocks of text was getting annoying.

Spoiler thread is everything else. Anything goes.

So yeah, you can post your theory in this thread, so long as it's based on what's aired.

gdt

panda21 said:

Yes.

panda21 said:
As long as it isn't in any way based on information that hasn't already been unveiled in the show itself, sure.

panda21

ok:

so its pretty obvious that since fake locke is really smoke monster, and he can reanimate dead people on the island and control their bodies, this means the dead people who have mysteriously come back to life on the island (like Jack's father) were just people controlled by smoke monster. not sure about Claire and Sayid, since he seems to have influence over them but isnt directly 'inside' them like with locke.

but i only just realised:

remember how Hurely saw a load of dead people off of the island? well it seemed like he just had a special ability, like Miles. but then theres that scene where they talk about it, and Miles is like 'hey thats not how it works', but it just seemed like maybe they had different abilities or something.

but we know now that Jacob has been off of the island, and talked to Hurley and Jack and people. so if Jacob can do that, surely so can smoke monster.. so maybe the dead people Hurley saw off of the island, were actually the smoke monster trying to manipulate Hurley, and Hurley actually has no special power like Miles at all!

I know smoke monster is complaining about wanting to leave the island, but I thought Jacob was obliged to stay there as well, so presumably there is some way they allowed to leave for a little bit?

Well Hurley, and only Hurley, can see dead Jacob, so Hurley must have the power to see dead people. Jacob also told Hurley that he wasn't crazy, so I'd assume Jacob knows of his legit power and he genuinely is seeing and communicating with the dead guys.

The only odd one I think is when Jack see's his father off the island and the smoke alarm goes off.

Nameless

mrkgoo said:

She doesn't return to camp wearing the dress:
normal_twocitiescap-0460.jpg

they bring her some new clothes.. and she changes...

normal_3x05-man-cap385.jpg

Sawyer watches...must cool himself off
normal_3x05-man-cap402.jpg

normal_tricia-cap181.jpg

mrkgoo

Nameless said:
She doesn't return to camp wearing the dress:
normal_twocitiescap-0460.jpg

they bring her some new clothes.. and she changes...

normal_3x05-man-cap385.jpg

Sawyer watches...must cool himself off
normal_3x05-man-cap402.jpg

normal_tricia-cap181.jpg

Hmm. Maybe I have to look more closely.

Here's my recollection:
She gets captured, and forced to shower and put on a 'nice dress' (1) for breakfast with Ben.

Then, she is later forced to change into a new dress (2) in front of Sawyer.

She wears this dress (2) when she has sex with Sawyer and when they escape Hydra.

I assumed it was this dress that Sawyer found, but I suppose it could've been dress (1) that Sawyer found.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
mrkgoo said:
Hmm. Maybe I have to look more closely.

Here's my recollection:
She gets captured, and forced to shower and put on a 'nice dress' (1) for breakfast with Ben.

Then, she is later forced to change into a new dress (2) in front of Sawyer.

She wears this dress (2) when she has sex with Sawyer and when they escape Hydra.

I assumed it was this dress that Sawyer found, but I suppose it could've been dress (1) that Sawyer found.
That's not a dress.

Nameless said:
Why wouldn't been just giver the blouse to wear as a dress in the first place? Shitty writing on this show makes no sense.

Ben wanted Kate to feel like a lady
before he molested her off-camera

Nameless

TheGreatDave said:
Ben wanted Kate to feel like a lady
before he molested her off-camera

In 20 years when LOST is remade on HBO I demand Ben makes Kate eat dinner with him Nude. Can't think of a more effective way for her feel like a lady. She would have no choice. Maybe he should have taken Nikki instead, she's was a slut who could give a fuck.

Seriously. If she banged that old ass Expose director I'm sure she would've let Ben in exchange for being Queen of the Others. Jacob shouldn't done Ben a solid and put her on his list..with these details in parentheses. Yet another reason you can't call Jacob the good guy. Man in Black wouldn't hooked Ben up.

Nameless said:
In 20 years when LOST is remade on HBO I demand Ben makes Kate eat dinner with him Nude. Can't think of a more effective way for her feel like a lady. She would have no choice. Maybe he should have taken Nikki instead, she's was a slut who could give a fuck.

Seriously. If she banged that old ass Expose director I'm sure she would've let Ben in exchange for being Queen of the Others. Jacob shouldn't done Ben a solid and put her on his list..with these details in parentheses. Yet another reason you can't call Jacob the good guy. Man in Black wouldn't hooked Ben up.

normal_twocitiescap-0393.jpg

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Lost 6x08: "Recon"
Don't ask, just take, but be sure to call dibs on the avatar you've grabbed so there are no duplicate users. ^_^

UzwJ5.gif
2J4aQ.gif
16zBD.gif
yWA07.gif
CKGVz.gif
qXehA.gif
sq0RW.gif

ApGNz.gif
ENHMK.gif
Q2hzA.gif
M8tNs.gif
QetCz.gif
M0GmU.gif
FTYxz.gif

YtnNi.gif
TbxuZ.gif
VstKe.gif

rebeccamaderhasahugejaw.com

Jex

Wow, an extremely detailed debate about one piece of closing and some sweet avatars. What a crazy thead.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
panda21 said:
ok:

but we know now that Jacob has been off of the island, and talked to Hurley and Jack and people. so if Jacob can do that, surely so can smoke monster.. so maybe the dead people Hurley saw off of the island, were actually the smoke monster trying to manipulate Hurley, and Hurley actually has no special power like Miles at all!

I know smoke monster is complaining about wanting to leave the island, but I thought Jacob was obliged to stay there as well, so presumably there is some way they allowed to leave for a little bit?

The entire story has revolved around the smoke monster being driven by his desire to get off the island. If what you say is true, it would make the main storyline right now meaningless.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Supp guys,
Had a dream about me joining Flocke and his people. There was an eerie moment where he took everyone by the hand and looked them in the eye, than this crazy piece of goosebumps inducing music played in the bakground. Shit was scary, when I said that I would no longer be part of his people. He tried to kill me ( Lapidus and Miles joined me), but Jacob transported us back to the island. Met Jack on the island, told him Flocke is about to fuck shit up. Thought we were dead, where upon Jacob ( who was considerably older looking) said " No, he can't kill you, he was looking into you, to find a man who is blue" And then I woke up.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Jibril said:
Supp guys,
Had a dream about me joining Flocke and his people. There was an eerie moment where he took everyone by the hand and looked them in the eye, than this crazy piece of goosebumps inducing music played in the bakground. Shit was scary, when I said that I would no longer be part of his people. He tried to kill me ( Lapidus and Miles joined me), but Jacob transported us back to the island. Met Jack on the island, told him Flocke is about to fuck shit up. Thought we were dead, where upon Jacob ( who was considerably older looking) said " No, he can't kill you, he was looking into you, to find a man who is blue" And then I woke up.

...you are never allowed to eat before you go to sleep ever again. :lol

Cipherr

The guy playing Miles is a good actor IMO. Hes doing a good job in the sideways, shit, hes doing a good job period. Some of his lines are fuck amazing too and the delivery is spot on. :lol

"Still hot though."

Damn I was rofl.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Puncture said:
The guy playing Miles is a good actor IMO. Hes doing a good job in the sideways, shit, hes doing a good job period. Some of his lines are fuck amazing too and the delivery is spot on. :lol

"Still hot though."

Damn I was rofl.

His one liners rival Sawyer's at times.

Yaweee

TheLastFantasy said:
I think you have to exceed a certain number of posts to be able to have an avatar. I've got like only 80 posts.

No, you can do an avatar whenever you want. It is in your USER CP options.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
TheLastFantasy said:
I think you have to exceed a certain number of posts to be able to have an avatar. I've got like only 80 posts.

No way, dude! Go to Edit Profile in your Control Panel and set your avatar there. Just make damn sure it's 90x120x150kb. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom