• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.11: "Happily Ever After" (Saying "Brotha" Gonna Work It Out Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
threenote said:
4421542248_f2f064081a_o.png

lol. Dude where the hell did you capture this? :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Solid Moustache said:
I hope the guest star you guys are refering to as Omg Spoilars isnt penny, because its pretty obvious we will see her in this episode in the X timeline ( wat is she doing in LA? :lol)
LA or LA X?? If you meant LA, she's there because Desmond went there to find Faraday's mother, and before leaving the area, Desmond was shot by Ben, and he's in the hospital (probably taken from the Hospital afterwards by Widmore).

If you meant LA X, it's simple. Everyone lives in LA X. I live there in LA X. It's fricken sweeet

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
rohlfinator said:
Hells yeah, Desmond time.

I've finally successfully avoided guest star spoilers this week. Hooray!
Except now I think I have a pretty good guess for who it might be. I'm kind of scared that even my subconscious is trying to spoil me now.

So - this reminds me of my theory from waaaay back in Season 1 or 2. The first time we see Desmond and Jack interact (See you in another life, brotha). I think that version of Desmond was traveling through time. Jack's past is Desmond's future. If I was so inclined, I'd find the post so I could back up my "I called it claims" but 1. It seems like too much work and 2. It haven't actually been proven correct...yet...

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Dead said:
I propose that Hydra Island officially be renamed to Whitmoria
Sawyer needs to get that name down now! :lol

So pumped for tonight- from the press release, the writing/director combo, the snippets from Darlton Lindelcuse- gonna be a big one hopefully!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
After last week episode and promo i have the feeling that this episode will not be a good one for Desmond, i think he's gonna die somehow. Can't shake that feeling of doom, of course this probably means that he will not die at all :lol

thekad

Banned
TheOMan said:
So - this reminds me of my theory from waaaay back in Season 1 or 2. The first time we see Desmond and Jack interact (See you in another life, brotha). I think that version of Desmond was traveling through time. Jack's past is Desmond's future. If I was so inclined, I'd find the post so I could back up my "I called it claims" but 1. It seems like too much work and 2. It haven't actually been proven correct...yet...

Yeah, that was one of the prevailing theories back then (early Season 2).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Gexecuter said:
After last week episode and promo i have the feeling that this episode will not be a good one for Desmond, i think he's gonna die somehow.

If it weren't almost over, this happening would cause me to stop watching the show. If they seriously brought him back to a) be in one episode and ignored for the rest of the season, or b) be killed off in his first episode back, fuck it.

This episode better be awesome. I mean, it's a DESMOND episode! They made a great episode out of the 160 year old Spanish dude, so this should be like ten times as cool. Right?

edit: spelled Desmond wrong. Not exited anymore. :(

Cheech

After thoroughly enjoying the last couple episodes, I find it hard to imagine them topping themselves tonight. Last weeks' ep in particular really shocked me how good it was, because Sun and Jin are kind of "soapy" characters, and my expectations were super low.

Desmond has never been the focus of a shit ep, though. I would be shocked if we didn't get a fairly solid focus tonight on how this "war for the island" is going to be fought.

Also, from a selfish standpoint, how awesome would it be if Charlie (not Widmore, not baby) somehow ended up on the island, and him and Desmond reunited. I know this is never going to happen, but man. If they work Charlie's death scene into the "Previously on Lost" tonight, I just may break out the K-Y and go to town in anticipation of this scene.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Dunno what the spoiler rules say about Darlton tweets, so tagged all the same.

CarltonCuse :
Tonight a new chapter in the season commences.

Dead

well not really...yet
RichardAM said:

CarltonCuse :
:0

Theory - Myth aspect ends. SCIENCE! begins?

Blader

RichardAM said:

CarltonCuse :

Chapter 4: The Man from Scotland

followed by Chapter 5: Showdown at the Island of Bear Cages

RichardAM said:

CarltonCuse :
What
chapter
are we on?

woodchuck

To break up the season so far...

Chapter 1 - Temple Chapter - LAX to Sundown

Chapter 2 - Man in Black Recruiting Chapter - Dr. Linus to The Package

Chapter 3 - oh shit Desmond's back Chapter

bionic77

Desmond + episode title (please don't hurt Penny and the baby) is going to make this an awesome hour of television.

ZeoVGM

Banned
RichardAM said:

CarltonCuse :

This chapter better include LOTS OF DESMOND AWESOMENESS.

Another thing that will piss me off: Desmond being Season 4 Michael'd and interacting with only 2 cast members. I want a nice Desmond/Jack reunion.

MMaRsu

Banned
This is probably going to be one of the best episodes this season :D. Let's hope my internet connection doesn't drop like last night :p.

Tim-E

I actually thought Michael's arc in season 4 was great and was enough of a return for him. I always liked him, but he didn't need to be apart of the show anymore after season 4.

woodchuck

Tim-E said:
I actually thought Michael's arc in season 4 was great and was enough of a return for him. I always liked him, but he didn't need to be apart of the show anymore after season 4.

Yeah, with Walt out of the picture, there was no need to show Michael any more than they did.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
omg rite said:
If it weren't almost over, this happening would cause me to stop watching the show. If they seriously brought him back to a) be in one episode and ignored for the rest of the season, or b) be killed off in his first episode back, fuck it.

I like Desmond too but i would be ok with him dying if it's handled right and has a clear purpose going forward. Of course the chances of him dying after being MIA for several episodes are so low it's not even worth considering, it's not like they have ever done such a thing in the past oh wait a minute.....

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Tim-E said:
"WALTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ZeoVGM

Banned
Tim-E said:

Yeah, it's probably my most hated aspect of the series ever. They made a huge deal out of Michael coming back. He was in the opening credits for half the season without being in it only to finally appear and be in like 5 episodes on a boat doing nothing.

I wanted to see him interact with Jack and Hurley and a true path to redemption. And yeah, you know what, I wanted a freaking happy ending for him and Walt. It was complete wasted potential. I wanted him to just end up on the island like Jin.

Too late to really complain about it now but that really bugged me.

Tim-E

omg rite said:
Yeah, it's probably my most hated aspect of the series ever. They made a huge deal out of Michael coming back. He was in the opening credits for half the season without being in it only to finally appear and be in like 5 episodes on a boat doing nothing.

I wanted to see him interact with Jack and Hurley and a true path to redemption. And yeah, you know what, I wanted a freaking happy ending for him and Walt. It was complete wasted potential. I wanted him to just end up on the island like Jin.

Too late to really complain about it now but that really bugged me.

We got Meet Kevin Johnson out of him, which was an outstanding episode and way more than I was expecting, and I think they handled him dealing with his actions pretty wonderfully.

And I don't think expecting a happy ending involving everything on this show is a good idea. :lol When do things genuinely end up well for any character on this show?

Michael being a sort of tragic case made his arc far more interesting to me. Every story being wrapped up nicely would just be boring. I thought it was hilarious that they made this huge deal out of Michael's return, only to kill him. You're watching the episode thinking "They won't kill him, they just brought him back" and then they fucking kill him. :lol A ballsy move that I think made the episode more interesting.

thekad

Banned
DarkUFO review question:

So apparently this episode isn't very highly rated. Where does it land compared to previous episodes? Surely it's higher than What Kate Does.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Tim-E said:
We got Meet Kevin Johnson out of him, which was an outstanding episode and way more than I was expecting, and I think they handled him dealing with his actions pretty wonderfully.

And I don't think expecting a happy ending involving everything on this show is a good idea. :lol When do things genuinely end up well for any character on this show?

Michael being a sort of tragic case made his arc far more interesting to me. Every story being wrapped up nicely would just be boring. I thought it was hilarious that they made this huge deal out of Michael's return, only to kill him. You're watching the episode thinking "They won't kill him, they just brought him back" and then they fucking kill him. :lol A ballsy move that I think made the episode more interesting.

That's exactly why it sucked. Killing people just to be "ballsy" is dumb.

Don't get me wrong, season 4 is amazing. That's the one thing that really bothered me. "Meet Kevin Johnson" was a great episode but that doesn't change that he was useless after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom