• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.11: "Happily Ever After" (Saying "Brotha" Gonna Work It Out Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

thekad said:
DarkUFO review question:

So apparently this episode isn't very highly rated. Where does it land compared to previous episodes? Surely it's higher than What Kate Does.

Those were posted in January and shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. Imagine trying to discern anything but the final versions of say flashes or The Constant.

The one early review based off the actual episode was positive.

Tim-E

thekad said:
DarkUFO review question:

So apparently this episode isn't very highly rated. Where does it land compared to previous episodes? Surely it's higher than What Kate Does.

What Kate Does was rated 6.7, Recon a 7.1, and Happily Ever After was rated a 7.6. The next episode above it in rating is Sundown with a 8.4.

But later reviews are far more positive as I'm guessing they've seen close to final cuts.

thekad said:
DarkUFO review question:

Barely, but yes.

In other news: did not know this was a Lindelcuse/Bender production! HYPE

thekad

Banned
Nameless said:
Those were posted in January and shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. Imagine trying to discern anything but the final versions of say flashes or The Constant.

The one early review based off the actual episode was positive.

Oh, I know it's mostly pointless, especially with a fucking-Desmond episode/Bender directing, but they've been pretty accurate just in terms of the general ranking of episodes.

bud

a desmond episode! finally! this can't be anything less than fucking incredible. omg.

BertramCooper said:
Ugly Tina Fey is back? Bummer.

that's exactly what i thought when i first saw her, haha.

Tim-E said:
It's so much more fitting and interesting this way.

Just like Locke.

Michael wasn't even worth bringing back. As a viewer I never had any reason to like or care about him. Any interest in Walt I had left when he became a deep voiced teenager doing nothing too.

thekad said:
Oh, I know it's mostly pointless, especially with a fucking-Desmond episode/Bender directing, but they've been pretty accurate just in terms of the general ranking of episodes.
To show how inaccurate they can be, they rated The Constant pretty low back in season 4. Some things don't work well on paper.

Tim-E

28iq6hk.jpg

threenote

Banned
^^:lol :lol
I don't care what darkufo says. After looking at the guest list, and the fact that the episode is made by Lindelof & Cuse and Bender--I have no fear.

Tim-E

threenote said:
^^:lol :lol
I don't care what darkufo says. After looking at the guest list, and the fact that the episode is made by Lindelof & Cuse and Bender--I have no fear.

Me neither. I'm pretty confident I am going to love this episode.

threenote

Banned
Tim-E said:
Me neither. I'm pretty confident I am going to love this episode.
Yeah, but this seems to be an episode where you either love it completely or absolutely hate it. It's definitely a game changer, episode.

duckroll said:
How many episodes is Jack Bender directing this season?
2 +the finale.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I hope this episode is similar in execution to the constant. However instead of having desmond's memories switch between the past and the present. Have his memories shuffle between
normal reality and LA X
.:D
Can't wait, it's a desmond episode. I can only expect great things, since i haven't disliked a desmond episode yet.

Iceman

Tim-E said:
Lindelof/Cuse/Bender

AKA the Holy Trinity

Whatwhatwhat?

I'm going to need a bigger TV. That much awesome cannot be contained by my meager 40" screen. I'll probably just end sitting on the ground, two feet from the TV. Rapture.

Lindelcuse + Bender + Desmond-centric-episode?

Any (script) reviews of this one? I don't want to set my expectations too high.. they're already stratospheric. NEVERMIND, found the discussion about the script/spoilers/reviews above.

big ander

brandonh83 said:
Zoe's fine. They're going to kill the shit out of her anyway so it doesn't matter.
She's Caesars secret girlfriend. She's opening the volcano so he can wake up and fly to the control room of the island, where he belongs.

duckroll

threenote said:
2 +the finale.

Huh? He already directed 4 episodes this season (LA X, Lighthouse, Recon), and this will be his 5th. Do you mean he's directing 2 more episodes and the finale? :eek:

big ander said:
She's Caesars secret girlfriend. She's opening the volcano so he can wake up and fly to the control room of the island, where he belongs.

:lol

I like Zoe's role on the island because she seems to be bringing something of a "face" to the whole electromagnetism thing, which I'm so glad they went back to because I've always been like, well, if the show/island is really just two dudes with tons of power then why have all this electromagnetism stuff and Dharma and etc. But Zoe's being a geophysicist and interest in the pockets of the stuff, I'll admit it excites me. I realize many were initially turned off by her introduction because we're halfway through the last season and really? More characters? I see that, but at the same time I'm anticipating what her character may unravel on her time on the island. I bet it'll be pretty cool.

threenote

Banned
duckroll said:
Huh? He already directed 4 episodes this season (LA X, Lighthouse, Recon), and this will be his 5th. Do you mean he's directing 2 more episodes and the finale? :eek:
Sorry, I included today's episode.

So after today, he'll be directing:

6.17-6.18

big ander

brandonh83 said:
:lol

I like Zoe's role on the island because she seems to be bringing something of a "face" to the whole electromagnetism thing, which I'm so glad they went back to because I've always been like, well, if the show/island is really just two dudes with tons of power then why have all this electromagnetism stuff and Dharma and etc. But Zoe's being a geophysicist and interest in the pockets of the stuff, I'll admit it excites me. I realize many were initially turned off by her introduction because we're halfway through the last season and really? More characters? I see that, but at the same time I'm anticipating what her character may unravel on her time on the island. I bet it'll be pretty cool.
Yeah totally. I think Dead was saying "more science maybe." I hope she's the person to give us concrete reasons on some of the mysteries of the island. Not all, but some.

Tim-E

big ander said:

I hope the very final image of the series is Caesar sitting on a throne on the top of the volcano, with a disappointed look on his face.

duckroll

threenote said:
Sorry, I included today's episode.

So after today, he'll be directing:

6.17-6.18

Oh okay. Thanks. So 8 hours from Bender this season, which puts it on par with his output from season 1. Cool!

Idiots have infiltrated the 24 thread. Just in case they waddle their way over here

Spoiler tag all discussion of the preview aired at the conclusion of the episode

big ander said:
Yeah totally. I think Dead was saying "more science maybe." I hope she's the person to give us concrete reasons on some of the mysteries of the island. Not all, but some.

I've always been a big fan of the science on the show, and I guess that's why I like Zoe, she's interested in some of the stuff I am. It will be great to finally know how the big deal about electromagnetism will pay off in the overall arc.

Zeliard

Locke is a skeleton. A mighty, handsome skeleton, but a skeleton nonetheless.

Jack, the hesitant leader, will be the not-so-hesitant savior of the world.

My post was pretty clear. Jack and Locke will save the universe. The only thing sketchy about that claim is the universe part, but together they will do something great. I hope that's sparkling fuckin' clear!

Tim-E

Zeliard said:
Jack, the hesitant leader, will be the not-so-hesitant savior of the world.

Jack is going to count to five, and the world will still exist thanks to him operating on the spine of humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom