• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.11: "Happily Ever After" (Saying "Brotha" Gonna Work It Out Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Wooo!

I've been having major problems with my internet, that's why I haven't been posting as much :/.

Zeliard

brandonh83 said:
My post was pretty clear. Jack and Locke will save the universe. The only thing sketchy about that claim is the universe part, but together they will do something great. I hope that's sparkling fuckin' clear!

Listen, Solo, I don't know how to break it to you, but the orange-grinning Johnathan Locke that we've all come to know and love no longer dwells among the living.

His good buddy Jack will take up the savior mantle, and "shephard" everyone away to safety.

Cheech

Are the DarkUFO spoilers somebody posted above REAL spoilers, or is it just a "this episode blows" kind of review? I don't want to know about the guest list, or any actual content in the episode.

Solo

The Locke hate only makes me stronger, and makes his imminent return in 6.18 - Who's The Boss, Bitches? even more sweet.

Tim-E

God fucking damn it. I have to go to class in 15 minutes and it doesn't end until 9. My face during the entire lecture is going to resemble this:

2mrb8g5.jpg

Luckily, I plan on dipping a few minutes early so I can make it back here in time for the show. :D

Solo

The title of post king is up for grabs this week! :lol I can absolutely, positively guarantee that I wont have the most this episode, lolz. Combination of too many Desmond lovers around and not being able to post at all tomorrow, which is when 75% of the action occurs in these threads.

Blader

brandonh83 said:
:lol

I like Zoe's role on the island because she seems to be bringing something of a "face" to the whole electromagnetism thing, which I'm so glad they went back to because I've always been like, well, if the show/island is really just two dudes with tons of power then why have all this electromagnetism stuff and Dharma and etc. But Zoe's being a geophysicist and interest in the pockets of the stuff, I'll admit it excites me. I realize many were initially turned off by her introduction because we're halfway through the last season and really? More characters? I see that, but at the same time I'm anticipating what her character may unravel on her time on the island. I bet it'll be pretty cool.

The island's power *is* the electromagnetism. They haven't abandoned it, they just haven't been calling it "electromagnetism" since there aren't many science-types left in the cast.

Zeliard

Blader5489 said:
The island's power *is* the electromagnetism. They haven't abandoned it, they just haven't been calling it "electromagnetism" since there aren't many science-types left in the cast.

And at this point, electromagnetism is practically guaranteed to feature heavily in the explanation for Smokey. In fact, I would bet on it.

Tim-E

I will be feeling so distraught by the fact that I have to be in class all evening, I am going to imagine the professor looking like this:

r2ryxc.jpg

Fucking disgusting.

big ander

Blader5489 said:
Yeah, but it's still obvious that she and the widmore crew have a plan. And that plan involves electromagnetism, most likely.

Blader5489 said:
Plus a large chunk of the mythological reveals this season took place ~140 years in the past.

Zeliard

Oh, and speaking of Jack, what the fuck? What happened to that guy's screen time this season? Though I guess everyone's gotten the short shrift. Even Emerson has barely appeared this season, outside of his centric episode.

gdt

I really, really hope that Desmond sticks around after this episode.

Which, really, the only way that doesn't happen is if...he dies.

So, don't die Desmundo!

gdt

Zeliard said:
Oh, and speaking of Jack, what the fuck? What happened to that guy's screen time this season? Though I guess everyone's gotten the short shrift. Even Emerson has barely appeared this season, outside of his centric episode.

He hasn't had as much screen time recently (he had way more earlier), but I'm guessing that's coming to an end after tonight. Time to stop setting shit up!

JACK VS LOCKE.

Blader

Zeliard said:
And at this point, electromagnetism is practically guaranteed to feature heavily in the explanation for Smokey. In fact, I would bet on it.

I've been saying since day 1
of this season
that what we're seeing now is the Valenzetti Equation in action: the candidates are the variables (same numbers) that will determine if and/or when the world will end (i.e. whether Smokey does or doesn't leave the island).

Cheech

Zeliard said:

IMO, Ben's story is essentially done now. There's not a whole lot more for his character to do. His purpose really died with Jacob. Giving him a centric ep this season was probably more of a favor to the actor for what he brought to the show over the years, than a real need to service the story.

Dead

well not really...yet
Zeliard said:
Everyones screentime has been reduced due to the Faction splits + Sideways stories

Sawyer was 100% absent for like, 3 entire episodes for example/

One of the reasons why I wish the season was a bit longer

Zeliard

gdt5016 said:
I really, really hope that Desmond sticks around after this episode.

Which, really, the only way that doesn't happen is if...he dies.

So, don't die Desmundo!

Desmond will disappear into the ether along with MIB after their climactic, timeline-bending battle. Desmond will end up in an alternate universe where he is worshipped as God by the inhabitants, Bender-style. MIB will be in one where roles are reversed and Jacob is his bitch.

And then, on the island, Jack will walk everyone to the plane.

LOST

Nameless

I think Des is here for the remainder of the season. Which is awesome because he hasn't actually been on the Island since, what, The Economist/Eggtown?

I'm also highly anticipating his flashsideways since of course ge wasn't originally on 815...unless the X-Timeline is the original one.

big ander

Dead said:
Everyones screentime has been reduced due to the Faction splits + Sideways stories

Sawyer was 100% absent for like, 3 entire episodes for example/

One of the reasons why I wish the season was a bit longer
Yeah, it's gonna be bittersweet :/

Solo

Nameless said:
I think Des is here for the remainder of the season. Which is awesome because he hasn't actually been on the Island since, what, The Economist/Eggtown?

Theres No Place Like Home

Solo

Nameless said:
...unless the X-Timeline is the original one.

If that were true, then Jacob is even a bigger fucking selfish douche than I first thought. I mean, wrecking everyone's liveds just to get them on the island (Jack doesnt get to have a son, Hurley gets "cursed", Locke doesnt get to have Helen or happiness, Ben doesnt get to be a decent human being, etcc)? Thats fucked up.

Zeliard

What other centric eps are we looking at?

Hurley, Claire...? Miles, maybe? Ilana, as well. Lapidus is probably unlikely. Jacob/MIB I assume is being saved for either the finale or the penultimate episode.

Solo

Zeliard said:

Hurley, Claire...? Miles, maybe? Ilana, as well. Lapidus is probably unlikely.

If you want to know, I can PM you. For the record, of the 7 remaining eps left after this one, only 2 character centricities are known - next week and episode 15.

Zeliard said:

Hurley, Claire...? Miles, maybe? Ilana, as well. Lapidus is probably unlikely. Jacob/MIB I assume is being saved for either the finale or the penultimate episode.
I don't think we know yet but this being the last Desmond-centric episode ever makes me want to cry.

Dead

well not really...yet
Zeliard said:

Next week is
Hurley

I dont believe we know who the next 2 episodes will be about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom