• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stro please still be around, you had some badass recommendations last time I was drunk and wanted to watch some wrestling (though I don't remember what they were). Now with the network....this should be good. You are pretty much the king of drunk + wrestling.

Though I'm not opposed to other people's recommendations.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, at first I thought Generico looked ok without the mask. But the more I see him? The more I think he needs the mask.

DMczaf

tumblr_n23011VDjH1qevcs2o1_400.gif

DMczaf

So Dean Ambrose and Big Show are working house show matches together...

Sorry Dean, you gotta put over the young up and comer Paul Wight.

Aiii

So not worth it
Judging from the reports, we can pretty much agree at this point that Russo has been writing TNA for the past 3 months or so, right?

KissVibes

Banned
TNA commentary is so fucking awful. Taz is just the hottest garbage, and Tenay doesn't have ability to be exciting with his voice. It's get's louder and higher sure, but it never feels like there's anything behind it. No weight. Feels phony.

And they keep playing up how much the WRESTLE 1 guys are respected by this massive TNA crowd but everyone is completely dead. I'm shocked they didn't try to spin it as Lockdown having a very Japanese-style crowd.

Wrestle 1 vs Bad Influence and the shitbird-lookin' dude was alright, I suppose.

--

Rockstar Spud is pretty funny. Good gimmick.

Dixie Carter is an alright heel.

Glad to see Jeremy Borash looks like a child.

Samuel Shaw is the greatest thing TNA has to offer. Good look, good premise for a character and storyline. Feels like an old, rejected WWF idea though. Should be wayyyy creepier.

Mr. Anderson or whatever still looks like a bad clone of Bob Holly to me. I do not like him.

--

Samuel Shaw vs Fake Bob Holly wasn't very enjoyable. Good sell by Shaw after getting pulled off the cage. Neck looked proper fucked up. Laughed hard at the CM Punk and Yes! chants. Pulling Hemme into the cage was pretty good, though.

I don't like the backstage promo style of TNA. Super crummy looking.

ECIII is GOLD. Absolute gold. Playing off the CM Punk chants, being a really shitty guy.

Bobby Lashley coming out and finally getting the crowd excited is hilarious. Because then he spears ECIII and the crowd DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK. I hope whatever they paid (are paying) him was worth it.

remnant

Banned

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh wow, Vinny just completely blew a lid about Lockdown.

Vinny never does that. If you manage to piss off Vinny like this, your show must've really sucked.

Listening to people freak out about TNA is so much better than actually watching TNA.

remnant

Banned
TNA fans are wrestling fans as opposed to a lot of WWE fans who are just ... WWE fans.

this is....100% accurate

Oh wow, Vinny just completely blew a lid about Lockdown.

Vinny never does that. If you manage to piss off Vinny like this, your show must've really sucked.

Listening to people freak out about TNA is so much better than actually watching TNA.
Is it really though?. Bryan and Vinny bitch about TNA all the time. Even shows and feuds that get high praise like Aries and Roode or Machine Guns/Beer Money those two bitch about.

The IWC just like to hate TNA.

Aiii

So not worth it
No, TNA is really really bad right now.

Anyone that defends TNA is either batshit insane or just has absolutely no interest in coherent storytelling or good television. This has nothing to do with "the IWC" hating TNA right now. People hate TNA because TNA is godawful right now.

They just debuted a 12-year old's e-fed gimmick for God's sake! How can anyone defend this shit?

Vylash

Man I remember when TNA was good, I used to rush home from school as a kid to catch it every friday at 3, that was back when they had their own identity and weren't just trying to be WCW or ECW, they had a superstar in Samoa Joe, a great X Division, they even had a pretty good knockouts division, and slowly but surely they pissed it all away with overbooked finishes, poor and lazy booking, and some inane desire to pick up every WWE reject off of the streets, anyone who saw TNA during their golden years can't possibly defend them now unless they're absolutely insane

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I'm going to buy South Park because Black Flag is doing nothing for me.

The Oddities once carried a Cartman plush around.

KissVibes

Banned
Willow is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen in wrestling and I saw Katie Vick's corpse get her brains fucked out on RAW when it aired.

I never want to see anything TNA related ever again.

remnant

Banned
No, TNA is really really bad right now.

Anyone that defends TNA is either batshit insane or just has absolutely no interest in coherent storytelling or good television. This has nothing to do with "the IWC" hating TNA right now. People hate TNA because TNA is godawful right now.

They just debuted a 12-year old's e-fed gimmick for God's sake! How can anyone defend this shit?

Or they are someone tired of watching the typical WWE shit.

Yeah TNA fucked up the Main Events, like the WWE haven't been doing that for the past 6 months straight right now. Before those 2 matches I saw a great 3 way tag with Japanese workers who would never appear on national television otherwise, a great physical women's match, a fast paced match with manik and tigre that reminded me how awesome that type of fast paced wrestling is, a awesome EC3 promo and a great physical match between Gunner and Storm.

It wasn't the worst PPV ever, hell compared to the rest of 2014 so far it's one of the better one's but it's TNA so of course commence the IWC bitching.

Striker

Or they are someone tired of watching the typical WWE shit.
I've seen it said it was one of the worst PPV's in quite some time. Granted I didn't see it yet, but the WWE had a series of terrible PPV's from September to December. Non stop terrible booking from almost every level. Save for a Shield match, what really went on? Bunch of terrible things, really.

I can stand watching a 2 hr Impact than a 3 hr RAW anymore. Even now when Raw is supposed to amping up and preparing for Mania, I just can't. But to be honest I'll mostly catch each on Youtube when their clips get uploaded after the show.

Remember when Lashley was going to be "the next big thing" in the WWE?
He was sorta going somewhere until he up and left after the Kristal Marshall ordeal.

Judging by this thread it was atrocious

It was full of fuckery.

there's a screencap of Joe in a hole somewhere in the thread. that told the all story.

The bathturd came back.

MVP's team won so now he has control of Wrestling Operations but Dixie's "paper" Champion, Magnus, managed to retain the title.

Impact will be very interesting this Thursday.

Thank you! It was pretty good up to the point I went to bed, which was around the Gunner/Storm match. So it went all to shit after that?

Also I'm convinced bean breath is Mike Tenay.

Rapstah

Does Ted DiBiase seriously blade in the Orton match at WM26? A perfect cut appears on his forehead after Cody does a cross body out of the ring.

Alucard

Banned
Lockdown was a good PPV until the final 40 minutes which consisted of the two main events. Heck, even most of Joe/Magnus was going well until the finish, and the main event had some good spots before overbooking 101 kicked in.

Really, go back and watch the stuff before the final two matches. There was a lot of good stuff. Unfortunately, people will only focus on the negatives and keep posting the "LOL Joe in a hole" pic. Mind you, the final two matches left a sour taste in my mouth too, but I'm choosing to focus on the good.

If anything, the bullshit in the final two matches will look good in video packages for the next few months, and will hopefully be used to launch some interesting angles. At least, I hope so.

It's easy to bash TNA when all you do is wait for the bad stuff and the negative reactions to jump onto just to be part of the LOLTNAwful crowd. It just sucks when people do it while dismissing the good the company is doing in other areas. And why? Because they didn't even watch the event themselves but instead waited for the negative reactions towards the stuff that IS TNAwful, and jumped on board to be part of the crowd.

Criticize TNA for the crap they do badly, which is a lot sometimes, but don't discount everything they do as bad...because it's not all bad.

Hasney

Lockdown was a good PPV until the final 40 minutes which consisted of the two main events.

But shouldn't that be the draw and set the tone for the show? I mean, if I was interested in dropping the money on the show, it would likely be because of the title match and the power struggle. Hell, WCW quite often had great undercards with their shitty, overbooked main events, but the PPVs were still not compelling enough to actually order. I wouldn't be ordering Wrestlemania if I didn't have the network due to the current main event, but I shall not be staying up to watch it. No matter how good the other matches look, the main event looks like it will be lolTNA-worthy.

Fucking Bobby Lashley though. I still think Batista edges it for worst return of the year, but they got close there.

Alucard

Banned
But shouldn't that be the draw and set the tone for the show? I mean, if I was interested in dropping the money on the show, it would likely be because of the title match and the power struggle. Hell, WCW quite often had great undercards with their shitty, overbooked main events, but the PPVs were still not compelling enough to actually order. I wouldn't be ordering Wrestlemania if I didn't have the network due to the current main event, but I shall not be staying up to watch it. No matter how good the other matches look, the main event looks like it will be lolTNA-worthy.

Fucking Bobby Lashley though. I still think Batista edges it for worst return of the year, but they got close there.

For sure. The main event should be the main draw. And it was going into the PPV. The build to Joe vs. Magnus was VERY good with both men doing some of the best promo work of their careers. Sadly, the payoff was shit because TNA had booked themselves into a corner knowing they couldn't put the belt on Joe and had to figure out a way of allowing Magnus to win while keeping Joe strong. I think they accomplished that, but the road they took to get there was full of shit.

How badass did Joe look coming back out of the hole in the ring, though? He looked ready to tear someone a new one. But then Abyss was revealed and we all went "huh?" Last time we saw Abyss he said he "had to fix this" (his identity crisis) by talking to someone who understood him. They better go back to that on Impact because otherwise this swerve makes little sense.

Going back to your original point, I think it's possible to order a PPV for the undercard. Going in, I was actually into Magnus vs. Joe, but I was also excited about Manik vs. Tigre Uno and seeing Mutah, as well as Gunner vs. Storm. Sadly, TNA did a bad job of promoting two of those matches.

thing is, Lashley can't even cut it in MMA. i'm sure since he's back he probably gonna get a spot on Bellator but even the mid tier guys there gonna put his lights out.

he lost to James Thompson, for fucks sake!!!!

to give an idea of what losing to Thompson is, it's like having Reigns losing clean to Khali in a squash match right now.

Alucard

Banned
Those of you with the WWE Network...when you watch old stuff from the 90s and 80s, is it "better" than the stuff today, or are you finding that it had equal amounts of wrestlecrap as we do today? Do we romanticize wrestling's past and forget about the bad stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom