• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
8VtmwKB.png

I found this one as well, but I think I'll just link it;

http://imgur.com/LO38127

I'm so sorry.

Just watched NXT. I don't see the LoD/Ascension comparisons. Like the Warrior or Goldberg, it's about the theme music, wrestler entrance, high power moves and running through the opponent.

They changed the Ascension music to butt Rock. They don't do anything vampire like. Their finisher is pretty lame.

Rusev isn't going to succeed on the main roster. Definitely the poor mans Umaga.

Also stories don't seem to be developing like they did last fall. But then again maybe they're moving toward Arrival type events.

DMczaf

Honestly, nearly every WM2000 match feels like a bunch of drugged up alcoholics making up a match as they go. Which means a lot punching attacks, rest holds, botched spots, slow pacing, and just overall shittyness.

It's an amalgamation of everything wrong with the Attitude Era, condensed into one 3+ hour long PPV.

jred2k

Natalya would find a way to make a gangbang boring. I don't get an ounce of sensuality from her.

Her ripping off phrases from her family members really bothers me, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. MGS V comes out next week?

Shit. Probably no time to play :\

On the plus side you don't need any real time to play it. Under 2 hours. And it's the demo that costs $40, not the real game.

Kaladin

Wow. MGS V comes out next week?

Shit. Probably no time to play :\

I actually think I'm going to wait till I get a PS4 to play Ground Zeros. Things you do in Ground Zeros carry over to the main MGS V game. Ground Zeros is just the prologue. The catch is, saves only carry over on the same system...so I'm waiting till I get my PS4 to play it.

mrboo001

Banned
Review: WrestleMania XIII: Part II

Part I

Video Package: Bret Hart Troubled Return and Austin's Rise to Fame.
Focuses the Bret Hart Saga, his downfall from Super Face and the rise of Stone Cold 3:16. Pretty good. This WrestleMania theme song does not match what so every.
Bret "The Hitman" Heart vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin Submission match w/ Special Referee Ken Shamrock

Ken Shamrock is noted to be from the "Ultimate Fighting World". Was UFC around back then? Stone Cold gets the Goldberg treatment with a backstage camera following him. Ha, actual glass breakage! Cool entrance for Austin. Bret bitches his way into the ring. Half heartily puts his shades on a kid...

Ah... Bret Heart. Glorious Canadian Hero! He was my hero when I first start watching wrestling but I had no problem cheering for Stone Cold once Bret left for the WCW. Or as far as I knew back then, just left. This is the first time I've ever seen this match.

Austin doesn't waste time with the Thesz Press and a series of punches. Bret throws some too. Quickly outside as this becomes a brawl. Bret throws Austin into the ring post. Austin dumps Bret crotch 1st onto the railing and dumps Bret into the crowd. Austin smashes Bret into the railing. Austin leads Bret near the hockey rink boards, throws Bret down and grabs a drink of pop. Austin, realizing it's pop not beer, throws it at Bret in disgust and stomps him.

austinpoptosswbpu0.gif

Knees Bret in the face and drops him on the boards. Tries to take the drink guy's tray but drink guy has none of it. Bret takes advantage and gets some offensive in. They go deeper into the crowd. Bret Back Body dropped Austin onto the concrete steps. They slowly brawl back to the ring. Bret throws Austin over the railing and jumps off of it. Austin counters a irsh whip into the steel steps. Austin shows how he feels by sign language a clothesline off the apron.

austinattackyyqd6.gif

Austin tries to lift the steel steps over his head but drops it and falls down. They finally get back into the ring. Austin stomps Bret. Bret does a Swinging Neck Breaker in the first actual wrestling move in the ring. Bret attacks the braced knee to setup the Sharpshooter. Bret is controlling the match. Bret misses and proto-STUNNTER! Both men down. But Austin can't go for the pin. Austin tries to get up but Bret keeps stomping his leg. Figure Four/Sharpshooter on the ring post! Austin is in trouble! Bret finally lets go as Austin still isn't going to tap yet. If at all. Bret grabs the Ring Bell and a chair. Bret put's Austin ankle in the chair and goes up top, Bret's aiming to main Austin. But wait, Austin gets up with the chair! Chair Shot! Austin back in it. Another chair shot against Bret's back. Sulpex and corner to corner. Another sulpex by Austin. Austin goes 2nd rope and hits his mark. Bret's daughter can't take it. Russian Leg Sweep and a submission attempt from the brawler! Austin let go and Stu is shocked!

austinsubmissionattemzcq21.gif

bretsdaugthercwo0t.gif

stuheartisshockedzbun6.gif

Guess the whole family is here tonight. Austin with the Boston Crab. Give this brawler credit, he knows how to do some submissions. Bret with the rope break. Austin with the Sharpshooter! Austin going to enjoy this.

austinsharpshooterattiqu47.gif

Oh wait, thumb to the eye by the Heel Bret Heart. Both men get up and Austin throws Bret outside in front of Stu. Austin thrown into the steel Railing, that look like it hurt. Bret punches the head for good measure. Yup, Austin bleeding badly. I think the rest of the match will be NFSW-Bloody. All gifs for the rest of the match will be linked only. Austin's head smacked into the steeps, into the post. Austin looking dazed. Bret continues to work the cut head. Flurry of punches. Backbreaker. Elbow drop. Chair in hand, attacks the braced leg again over and over. Sharpshooter! Austin fights out of it but still Bret's match. Ring mat getting smeared in blood. In the corner, more punches. Low Blow!

http://abload.de/img/austinkicksdouby.gif

A desperate move by a bloody Austin. JR states "That was down there near Saskatoon! A low one!" If that is near Saskatoon, what would be near Regina? Austin throws Bret into one corner, drags him into the other and stomps a mud hole into Bret. Austin puts Bret up high, Superplex! JR: "Austin is a bloody, bloody mess" Vince: "And This is unfortunate This does not happen often in the World Wrestling Federation." Sign of the company back then. Austin grabs a power cord to try to chock Bret out, but Bret grabs the ring bell and gets out.

http://abload.de/img/bretringbell3dpey.gif

Sharpshooter again! Not looking good for our hero. He trys to resitane, trys to move but he's going. GOing to brek the Shooter but no... Bret still not letting go. No matter how hard he try, its done. Ken calls the match. My "Hero" won... but our Hero never gave up.

http://abload.de/img/austinbloodydmqgw.gif

I'll attempt, that was hard to watch. I've seen clips of this match, but ever the whole thing. Even though this was so long ago I don't know if I... oh crap, Bret isn't done! Another Sharp... nope, Ken stop him! Stare off but Bret begrudgingly leaves.

http://abload.de/img/kenthrowsbret41q0k.gif

As I was saying, I don't know if I can look at him the same way, kayfab or not. Sign of a great match I guess, and easily match of the night. The audience boo's Bret out and I'm inclined to join them. Austin comes back to us and I guess doesn't take the news of his loss well as he give a ref a Stunner. Crowd cheer's Austin on. I'm inclined to join them.

Backstage interview with the Nation of Domination

The Nation of Domination basically says they'll kick The Legion of Doom's and Johnson's ass.

The Nation of Domination vs. The Legion of Doom and Ahmend Johnson Chicago Street Fight.

Live rapping! By two white guys! Not too bad of a job (at lip syncing). Legion of Doom and Johnson comes out, has his own Shoulder pads! Fight starts out as a brawl and pretty much stays as one. There are only really three gifs of interest:

As Vince said...

lodnicecatchfmudx.gif

"Nice Catch!"

Faarooq and Animal on the French Annocet Table! Piledriver! That table is getting de...

piledrivertablebotch8gu4r.gif

Nope! What a botch! Had me laughing my ass off. Don't worry though...

Johnson comes by and finishes the job on the French table.

sulpextablefinished2jus7.gif

This match was stupid. But it did have fun moments. It also had a noose. Less said the better. And they didn't clear the ring from the last match. Gross

Shawn Michael join the commentary team!

Michaels takes his sweet time getting to the table, spending time with the fans, glad handing, even giving hugs! Once he starts to talk, he puts over both Sid and Taker while burying Bret.

Backstage promo with Sycho Sid

He yelled then whispered, then yelled, then whispered. Some about how he's not sacred of the darkness or the Undertaker. Whatever, nothing amazing.

Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid (c) WWF Championship No Disqulations

Taker and Sid have a stare down, only to be interupted by Bret. Bret grabs a mic to let Shawn not to interfetre, that Undertaker is no longer his friend and that Sid, nore anyone else, is worthy of being champ and that Sid's a fraud. Sid Powerbombs Bret and boots him out of the match. Then tells Bret that after he kicks Taker's ass, he'll bring his ass back out. Taker had enough and attacks. Match finally starts. They go into the corner, Big Boot by Taker. Throws Sid into the corner, follows wiht body shots. Cross Body then sulpex. 2 count. Old School! But I doubt it would be old school back then. Sid catches Taker in a bear hug. Doesn't really look that has effect. Sid actually not just standing there and really works the hold. Forearms to the back. Back to the Bear Hugh, Taker gets out. Big Boot to Taker and gets clotheslined out of the ring! Sid knockes him over the Spanish Table. Sid follows and knocks Taker on the railing.

takeroverthetableifuo4.gif

Ref orders them into the ring and Sid tells him to shut up. Sid sulpexs Taker onto the table, but does it the wrong way. Still makes a dent and Taker tumbles over.

sidsuplextakerontablemtuvh.gif

Sid carries Taker and drives Taker's back into the post. Pin attempt and kickout at 2. Sid got Undertaker in the Clambe Cutch. Lots of rest holds in this match. Sid from 2nd rope Axe Handle takes Taker down. Taker fights back. Sid slams Taker down. 3 pin attempts, none work. Big Leg Drop. After a period of nothingness, Taker does a big Jumping Lariat. Back to the corner. Even with Taker in this match, the lack of speed and ailigty really hurts this match. To the outside. Taker throws Sid into the audience. Exchange of punchs, Sids head slams into the steps. Back into the ring. Running knee drop misses the mark. Sleeperhold. Taker comes back to life with a series of body punches. Power slam. 2 count. Muslece hold on Sid. I srewe the WM28 match between HHH and Undertaker wasn't this slow and boring. Maybe because that match was the match of the night while this match follows one of the greatest match in WrestleManaia history. Double Big Boot!

doublebigboot90uil.gif

Both men down, ref starts to count to 10. At 9, Sid goes to pin. I don't know why he didn't wait one more second. He would of won and beaten the screw before it meant something. 2 count. Sid goes back the 2nd rope, and the Axe Handle works again. 2nd rope again, and it works again. 2 count again. 2nd rope for the 3rd time, Taker gets a gut shot. Start of some offensive but a slam stops it. Top rope this time for Sid! But Taker sits up! Throat punch! Taker throws Sid down. Taker top rope, Lariat hits!

undertakertopropeclot3oug3.gif

Pin Attempt, kick out at 2. Throat slash, he's ready to end it. Tombstone Piledriver, resevred! Sid hits it! 1,2, KICKOUT! What can Sid do? Oh shit, chock slam! Oh shit, fuck you Bret! Hits Sid on the back with a chair. What is this bullshit. Another strike! Bret is dragged away by the refs. Taker carrys Sid back 1st into the post. Chockslam! 1,2, KICKOUT! Irsh whip, Taker on the move, misses Sid. Powerbomb! Wait, oh god damn it Bret! Go away! Sid hits Bret with club to the chest, Bret stuns Sid with a rope drop. Taker captialized and hits the Tombstone Piledriver. 1,2,3! New Champ! Oh shit, this is Undertaker's first WWF(E) Champsion! What a shitty way to get it. It wasn't that a bad of a match I guess, just slow at times due to the nature of gaint vs gaint.

takercelebratesbcuar.gif

This was a pretty good show. One legendary match, one good match and the rest is skippable. You only really need to see the Bret Heart and Austin match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Del Rey didn't teach AJ the Black Widow. Norman Smiley did, back in 2009.

Del Rey didn't join WWE until long after AJ was on the Main Roster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom