• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Also, Daniel Bryan entering the ring with Micheal Cole announcing "now they allow nerds into the money in the bank match" while Booker T tries to say Daniel Bryan is actually one of his favorites.

Oh man... to my shame I really, really liked Heel Cole commentary.

Striker

YES! #WEWANTRYDER
Who's gonna be bigger jobbers, them or 3MB?

Also I hated heel Cole. If they had another play by play guy with him going off on how small or nerdy Bryan is, then cool whatever. But with him flip flopping his roles throughout the night was terrible.

Xater

GUYS, TODAY IS THE DAY

total-divas-season-2-preview.jpg

#Emalution

Total Divas is back today? Finally some good WWE programming!

The RevPro show was a good laugh, some awesome matches and a couple of not so awesome ones, but it was a great time nonetheless. Josh Boddom got an impressive win over Jay Lethal to start things off, then we got Sha Samuels vs Mark Andrews, which was fun right up until the point Samuels used a chair to get DQ'd. Next, the match of the night with The Swords of Essex failing to defend their tag titles against Ricochet & Rich Swann. Just a fantastic high-flying contest, some of the best wrestling I've seen live and a ton of fun. Awesome stuff.

At intermission I went and met The Young Bucks, bought a t-shirt, complimented them on their work in Japan and we exchanged nWo salutes, lol. Bucks vs Project Ego kicked off the second half - a real fun match between two of the best flippy teams in the world. Ego looked great here and, although they lost, The Bucks put them over post-match. We then got El Ligero vs Sonjay Dutt, an excellent contest that eventually saw Ligero come out on top. Sonjay's a class act and very impressive live. After that, Sting came out to 'Seek and Destroy', got in the ring, spoke for a minute and then fucked off again, lol. Thank's Steve.

Then it was time for the main event, which turned out to be a bit of a cluster-fuck. It was a 30-minute Iron Fist match (exactly like an Iron Man match, except the match ends if someone is KO'd). Marty came out to the Imperial March, flanked by Stormtroopers, while Colt came out cosplaying as Big Daddy! The match itself was fine, but very convoluted. Marty duct taped Colt to the barricade to win the first fall by countout, then when it was 2-1 to Marty he duct taped himself to the ropes so Colt couldn't do anything. He eventually found some scissors, cut Marty free and hit the GTS to make it 2-2. The fans chanted "five more minutes" and Colt agreed to the extension, but then Sha Samuels and some bloke I didn't recognise ran out, beat down Colt and Marty locked in the chickenwing to force him to tap away the title. Also, this match featured one of the dumbest ref bumps I've ever seen. Ever.

New RPW tag champions, The Inner City Machineguns;

mS5K9IB.jpg

A (boring) Man Called Sting!

U5IjUqy.jpg

Party Marty;

rOBu1Cs.jpg

Colt 'Big Daddy' Cabana;

f8WENTQ.jpg

Jamie OD

Night 2 of 16 Carat was an improvement over Friday's show. Big Daddy Walter and Johnny Gargano had a great opener. Karsten Beck got a live saxophone performance of Careless Whisper before his entrance. Matt Striker and Trent Baretta won the wXw Tag Titles from Hot & Spicy in a fun match. Local wrestlers Axeman and Bad Bones suffered the Randy Orton Vs Sheamus effect, they were good but the crowd were too busy heckling them to care. The angle afterwards with Axeman's Russian valet Svetlana Kalashnikov getting a marriage proposal from a lovestruck ref was entertaining. She turned him down and the ring announcer told the ref afterwards "You were close" followed by something in German that made the ref celebrate (he still has a chance?). Tommy End and Jonathan Gresham had a good main event that I felt was missing something but the local and regular fans thought it was perfect.

Off to the wrestlers vs fans football match now. That event gets a little rough with the horseplay as you can imagine.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know how to copy /paste on the phone, but from the pwtorch Emma and Ziggler paired on a house show.
I want this to be mainstream now. Keeping Emma with Santino and teaming Dolph with the Miz while a house show got the perfect solution is just cruel.

But you know, it's actually a good drawing. The person probably traced it, but that never stopped people from working at Marvel Comics.

It's freehand. Whoever did it did a good job. Facial expression isn't quite right on Paige but other than that, pretty much dead on.

Holy fuck there were two matches on Supertsra. Why the fuck was sevnety percent of it just replaying Raw? Fuxk we got the WWE Network and the WWE App and Second screen.

jmdajr

Finally played Dark Souls to see what all the fuss is about.

Wow I fucking suck. I know it is supposed to be hard but I have to imagine others play this way better.

NJPW vs UWFi 1995 will only go up thursday after Benfica's match. i won't post it all here, just a very small abridged version and the rest will be on Legit Shook.

to give you an idea, i'm 2 matches in and already have 14 gifs. it's 8 matches total.

Sblargh

Banned
Finally played Dark Souls to see what all the fuss is about.

Wow I fucking suck. I know it is supposed to be hard but I have to imagine others play this way better.

The beauty of the Demons'/Dark souls is that every damage is, ultimately, avoidable; every enemy has a clear tell and such that you'll eventually pick up.

I don't think the game is hard, actually, I think it is unforgiven. You cannot fuck up, everything takes a chunck of life and it is always tricky to get that health bar back up, but you have to be in the state of mind of never getting hit, not even once, everything has a way out.

Zach

Hey, when are the WWE games announced? Well, 2K15 or whatever has probably been announced, but when will they actually show it off?

I don't really like the games made on the Smackdown! engine, but I'm kind of excited to see this year's game because A) it might be Network-themed (WCW/Monday Night War stuff?!) and B) I'm guessing it'll be the first game on the PS4 (and hopefully look great).

DMczaf

Hey, when are the WWE games announced? Well, 2K15 or whatever has probably been announced, but when will they actually show it off?

I don't really like the games made on the Smackdown! engine, but I'm kind of excited to see this year's game because A) it might be Network-themed (WCW/Monday Night War stuff?!) and B) I'm guessing it'll be the first game on the PS4 (and hopefully look great).

Do I really have to post it?

389dd6e81fd9f10f2470bf5ed9edd8af.jpg
1347665493_1318_smackdown.jpg

GRUZ03A.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

They used to have some presence at E3. But Take 2/2K never show up at E3 these days so its kind of doubtful.

It would be a good idea to get out there early especially with the PS4/XB1 stuff. That is unless its the usual Yukes garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom