• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurudyne

Gifcam if the frames are at the start or ending, Jasc Animation Studio if they're in the middle or I need to do some fancier editing.

somedevil

If People are interested here are the Spoilers for the Next 3 weeks of Impact:

March 20:

Angelina Love comes out and calls Velvet Sky to the ring for answers. Angelina says she and the fans want The Beautiful People to be friends again and they hug. Angelina calls out Madison Rayne and offers her a spot back in the group. Angelina mocks Madison and they have words. Madison respects Velvet and Angelina but wants no part in the group.

* BroMans defeated The Wolves and Sanada & Tigre Uno in a non-title triple threat match. BroMans got the pin on Tigre Uno after a very exciting tag match. Zema Ion ended up taking Senada's X Division Title belt and distracting him.

* Bully Ray comes out and gets cheered for taking credit for Dixie Carter losing power at Lockdown. Bully says Dixie almost talked him into joining her but couldn't. Bully says he's going to put Bobby Roode through some tables and out comes Roode, who isn't afraid of Ray and his tables. Ray calls Roode down to the ring and ends up putting him on a table at ringside but Roode escapes. They end up brawling into the ring and teasing more table spots but the segment ended with Ray spearing a table after Roode moved.

*TNA taped Bobby Lashley’s match for next week’s episode of Impact Wrestling last Thursday night from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. The bout was against Ethan Carter III and ended in no contest after interference from Jeff Hardy as Willow.

* Magnus defeated Samoa Joe with the TNA World Heavyweight Title on the line after MVP and Abyss interfered. Both MVP and Abyss were originally handcuffed at ringside but they fought after a ref bump. MVP stopped Abyss from using thumbtacks but Abyss laid him out at ringside. Abyss tossed a chair at Joe's face, allowing Magnus to hit his finisher for the win. This was described as a chaotic ending.

March 27:

* MVP comes out and talks about brawling with Abyss last week. He's interrupted by Magnus and Abyss. Magnus says Abyss has a contract with him, not MVP or TNA. MVP offers Abyss a title shot and announces Abyss vs. Samoa Joe vs. Magnus for the World Heavyweight Title for next week. Our correspondent notes that this and other details were fuzzy based on the way they apparently taped out of order. Joe comes out and isn't happy about the match. Joe and Magnus brawl while MVP and Abyss brawl. Eric Young comes out and attacks Abyss. They clear the ring. MVP says instead, next will be Magnus vs. Joe, interrupted and for the title, and Young vs. Abyss. Young and Joe end up arguing. It ended with a 4-way being made.

* Gunner defeated James Storm in a no count out, no DQ match. This was described as a very brutal match. Gunner speared Storm through a table at ringside from inside the ring at one point. Gunner got the win after his finisher and a beer bottle shot to the head.

* Angelina Love calls out Velvet Sky. They argue about Madison Rayne and Angelina talks down to Velvet. Angelina mentions she will be facing Madison later on.

* The Wolves defeated Abyss and Magnus when Magnus tapped out. Abyss left with Magnus' World Heavyweight Title belt after the match was over.

* Angelina Love defeated Madison Rayne in a non-title match. Velvet Sky was at ringside and slammed Madison on the floor when the referee wasn't looking.

* Samoa Joe defeated Eric Young.

* Bobby Roode and Ethan Carter III defeated Willow and Bully Ray in a tables match. Jeff Hardy left to the back after dropkicking Rockstar Spud out of his wheelchair. Ray was double teamed and put through the table for the win. After the match, they put Ray through two more tables.

April 3:

* Magnus opens the show and calls out Abyss. Abyss is dressed in a suit because Magnus ordered him to. Magnus suckers Abyss in like they're friends until Eric Young runs in through the crowd. Magnus and Abyss end up beating Young down until Samoa Joe made the save.

* Brittany approaches Madison Rayne backstage and offers to be her tag team partner.

* Velvet Sky and Angelina Love defeated Brittany and Madison Rayne. The Beautiful People have a new theme, entrance and matching gear. They double teamed Brittany and pinned her for the win.

* Gunner comes out and talks about respecting veterans. He points out his father in the front row. Gunner talks to his dad until James Storm comes out. Storm runs his mouth and Gunner nails him. Storm ended up super kicking Gunner and handcuffing him to the ropes. Storm knocks Gunner's dad down and smashes a beer bottle on his head.

* Mr. Anderson comes out with a straight-jacket and calls Samuel Shaw to the ring. They have words and Anderson attacks. Anderson defeated Shaw by being the first one to get his opponent into the jacket and subdued.

* Kenny King returns and interrupts Tigre Uno vs. Sanada for the X Division Title before it starts. King says the X Division needs him and out comes MVP. They have words and King wants a match against MVP. MVP says there's no room for tonight and King gets in his face before pushing him. MVP accepts the challenge.

* Sanada defeated Tigre Uno with the X Division Title on the line.

* MVP and Kenny King fought to a no contest in an "exhibition match." They brawled until security and referees had to separate them.

* Magnus defeated Eric Young, Samoa Joe and Abyss in a Fatal 4 Way with the World Heavyweight Title on the line. Joe ended up taken to the back by referees after going down on the outside. Abyss had the match won but Magnus talked him into not taking the pin on Young. Abyss hesitated but went through with it. Magnus hit his finisher for the win and posed with Abyss to end the show

Gimmick matches, turns that make no sense, and tons of talking. Russo or somebody trying to be him is writing impact right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Samoa Joe leading the crowd with chants of "SURE! SURE! SURE!"

Banjo Tooie is cool. Not as good as the first one, but still really really good. DK64 is where they went off the rails. There's no shame in defending the honor of Banjo-Tooie as long as you disown canary mary.

Past

They really need to make a new engine for WWE 2K15. I still can't believe that they were still using the engine from Smackdown! on PS1, from like over a decade ago.

strobogo

Banned
Man, King was extremely offensive and xenophobic in 2000. I love that you can hear J.R getting more pissed when he opens his stupid mouth

From 14-22 or so, JR got more and more pissed at King every year for the stupid shit he was saying. There were a few times (during Austin matches and Divas matches especially) where it sure seemed like he wanted to tell King to shut the fuck up.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
tumblr_m00jw0PNDl1rqoq0po1_500.jpg

Do you think they had a laughing fit when they made this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I was in like elementary(or maybe jr high) we went to some health tour thing that was I guess supposed to get you excited about health and not do drugs? You know kind of like the South Park drug episode had at the start.

Anyways, Lex Luger was in it. And even juvenile Dragonzord was like 'really, the total package is telling me not to do drugs?'

strobogo

Banned
In the latest series of "Stro has weird dreams", I had a few.

One started in a truck where in between the bed and the seats was a special compartment where Steve Austin was hiding. My 11th grade psych teacher was driving. Steve and I talked. He said sometimes you have to cut out the drinking, because doing it too long will change you. I discussed with him how I was drinking less often and less when I do drink. He gave me the old salute, but didn't offer me any promo codes, which bothered me in retrospect.

Another took place at my aunt's house where this crazy woman was trying to reinact the plot of Scream. When we all realized what she was trying to do, we made her leave. She did it in the house across the street. It wasn't the exact plot to Scream, but the plot to Scream as it happened in this dream's universe. And once she got near the end of the plot, we all decided to get the fuck out because she was coming back for us. So my family and I run out the back, slip on ice around the pool and get into a big van. We stop at what appears to be an abandoned country school because the ladies have to tinkle. My uncle picks the lock, but the school isn't abandoned at all. It was made up entirely of black and mixed kids. One of them knew me. It was a girl who was probably 14 who looked like Mr. Perfect had an affair with a black woman. She was even wearing a Mr. Perfect singlet, the yellow and black one. I wondered how she knew me, because I don't know 14 year olds. It turns out she had stolen a shoe of mine years prior and remembered me. And was taunting me with it and I couldn't get my shoes back because she was on a bike.

It was pretty odd all around.

I don't remember it clearly or really anything of it but I had a dream I was back down in OVW and Rip Rogers was working with someone in the ring, then the ring and surrounding area started to transform into like, old time store shelves like something out of a general store.

Speaking of which, who wants to watch a two hour match? No one? Well too bad... Well, I don't either but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfe-l_ZiCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEqdTPWZZew

Are you from the future?!
.. Oh, no, you just know from years of experience like me :-(
DAMMIT YUKES

The series stopped being a yearly thing for me after HCTP came out because I was completely turned off by the changes (especially adding voice acting which killed the story mode) made with the first SvR and 06 was a disappointment despite some improvements, I didn't buy another one until SvR 2011 and was left disappointed again but like a fool I came back for WWE '13 better than 2011 and maybe the best one since HCTP but still in typical Yuke's fashion, two steps forward, three steps back and still with stupid, flat out stupid design choices.

They really need to make a new engine for WWE 2K15. I still can't believe that they were still using the engine from Smackdown! on PS1, from like over a decade ago.

Yeah... 14 years since the first Smackdown and the engine is even older. It's ridiculous never mind how they managed to somehow go backwards with wrestler appearances. A part of me thinks that the partnership with Jakks ending played a part in it and that maybe that's where they got their scan data from and once Jakks Pacific was out of the picture they lost access to that data. It's either that or the people responsible for the models either left the Smackdown team at Yuke's or the company all together. It's kind of annoying knowing that Yuke's is capable of something better.

I really hope this year is different but it likely won't despite a lot of the annoying THQ guys having left, that's still a move in the right direction. An increase in budget would help since the other option of having more time for development isn't going to happen, still wouldn't get us a new engine unless 2K has an internal team working on it in secret.

Ric Flair

Banned
So either I'm looking in all the wrong places or it hasn't been 'formally' adressed yet, but does anyone know if there's a timeline for when Nitro and Raw is War will be available on the WWE app?

Rapstah

Yuke's don't seem able to keep up with the stuff they're adding to the games, and what they're adding is a story mode every year at this point. The actual 30 Years of WrestleMania mode is way worse than the wrestlers you get from it. WWE 2k14 would be a way better game if they had stuck all the characters in there and spent the time on bug fixes instead. It's way buggier than WWE '13, which was a buggy fucking game.

strobogo

Banned
So either I'm looking in all the wrong places or it hasn't been 'formally' adressed yet, but does anyone know if there's a timeline for when Nitro and Raw is War will be available on the WWE app?

It's never been addressed in any manner from WWE. Fans just assumed that would be coming at some point, but WWE has never said anything about putting up all Nitros or Raws. I imagine Nitros and Raws will end up getting put up when the Monday Night Wars starts airing, which I believe starts next month. They're probably not going to put up years at a time but instead however many episodes they run of MNW at a time.

Ric Flair

Banned
It's never been addressed in any manner from WWE. Fans just assumed that would be coming at some point, but WWE has never said anything about putting up all Nitros or Raws. I imagine Nitros and Raws will end up getting put up when the Monday Night Wars starts airing, which I believe starts next month. They're probably not going to put up years at a time but instead however many episodes they run of MNW at a time.

Oh, that's too bad. I'm sure they'll upload them at some point. It'd be such a shame if they never did anything with all that content they acquired when they bought WCW, not to mention all the classic Raw is War tv shows from the late 80s/90s that made the company what it is today

strobogo

Banned
They've uploaded a few random Attitude Era Raws and the first 10 or so episodes. No Nitros yet. I'm sure eventually most or all of it will get uploaded.

Xater

Another fun day with wXw. Didn't see any leprechauns so I guess JamieOD wasn't there? I don't know that's what Irish look like right?

Anyway the show began with Chris Hero (vs. Adam Cole) ...

and ended with Hero as the second time 16 Carat Gold winner!

Also got a pic with Kushida in which I look pretty dumb but I am still happy I have it.

And so that I don't feel too bad I got his shirt.

Also I guess now I can start playing Kinpuro?

Matt Striker wrestled today as well with Trent Suretto (sp?). They actually were a great heel team, Matt was actually really good. And my good is he still fun at the mic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That name is the tackiest thing!

Yesssss

Watching some ROH - good opening match with Elgin vs Tyson Dux (who you might remember as a jobber in WWE a decade ago), in what's a sort of student vs mentor encounter. Dux is a fairly big name in Canadian wrestling and ROH brought him in a few times during the HDnet era, but he doesn't get booked often in the states. This was a better match than the usual Elgin formula, largely thanks to Tyson's good selling and the counter spots he used.

Dux.gif

Elgin.gif

Matt Striker wrestled today as well with Trent Suretto (sp?)

That's Trent Barreta, I think - glad Hero won, I'll definitely grab the finals on DVD when they're released. Also, lol at the Engrish on KUSHIDA's shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom