• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's serious, Ritter has me convinced already.

9RrQekW.png

OMG. That face. She is *perfect*.

jmood88

Goddamn, that Purple Man... Marvel's blowing their own movies out of the water with these villains!
It's much easier to do that with 10 hours of development vs 2 (not that they can't have made better villains in the movies but I would expect them to do a better job with the villains on a tv show).

jph139

It's much easier to do that with 10 hours of development vs 2 (not that they can't have made better villains in the movies but I would expect them to do a better job with the villains on a tv show).

Oh, for sure - but from premise alone you can see a huge difference. DD and JJ marketing put their villains front and center, making them an inextricable part of the story, while the films tend to make them more incidental to the main characters. With some major, obvious exceptions.

TV gives so much character advantage, though, it's a little unfair to compare them at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need a trailer

like, a real trailer

now

please?

It'll be even bigger for me. Street level Marvel = best Marvel. These are the characters I grew up loving, and Alias was huge for me when it was originally coming out.

The only sad thing is that I'll never see Spider-Man show up around any of these characters. I'll be surprised if even the MCU version really gets it right that Spidey is supposed to be a mostly street-level character, just not a brooding dark one. He's probably gonna be stuck in the Avengers playground by default.

Never say never

image-1-144557.jpg

guek

Banned
They're going to have to do a Daredevil crossover episode, right? Tell me I'm right.

Also, I really want Coulson and Daisy to make an appearance but that's probably even less likely :-(

They're going to have to do a Daredevil crossover episode, right? Tell me I'm right.

Also, I really want Coulson and Daisy to make an appearance but that's probably even less likely :-(

A MAN CAN DREAM

Seriously I want them to go balls to the wall and be bold about crossovers and do things in ways its never been done before

Even Arrow/Flash kind of play it safe

I think they are going to wait for the right moments though. This is Jessicas story so its Highly likely that Daredevil will be in but I doubt we will see a mesh with the other TV personalities (if at all) until much later

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just want to have my Scene where Punisher hunts Spider-Man for a couple of moments in the next season. This Instagram Pictures hs to mean something.

Edit: Ups, wrong thread

Well, last we heard Charlie Cox claimed it wouldn't be happening until Avengers.

But in Alias,
Daredevil's role is pretty big. Jessica Jones gets hired as Matt Murdock's body guard, and the whole reason Jessica gets snapped out of her Purple Man hypnosis is because she gets sent to murder Daredevil because Purple Man hates him.
Just makes too much sense. She helps him out in one episode then we get a post-credits Episode 13 "We're putting a team together"

Quick

Banned

Daisy and Coulson are in Hell's Kitchen, investigating powered people. They arrive at a crime scene:

Daisy: "Shit, Coulson. Look at all this blood."

Coulson: "Language, Skye. Just because we're on a different network, doesn't mean we have to be rude." Coulson Flicks a Net stuck on a fence.

Daisy: "It's Daisy, sir. And this network isn't broadcast. Hydra won't be able to pick it up."

Daisy and Coulson are in Hell's Kitchen, investigating powered people. They arrive at a crime scene:

Coulson: "Language, Skye. Just because we're on a different network, doesn't mean we have to be rude." Coulson Flicks a Net stuck on a fence.

Daisy: "It's Daisy, sir. And this network isn't broadcast. Hydra won't be able to pick it up."

Then Wilson Fisk shows up and politely asks them to leave because their mere presence brings the quality of each episode down.

Scene upon scene of them name-dropping Tony Stark whilst Daredevil shakes his head in dissaproval.

This is some Arrested Development HBO & Showtime level of references.

Daredevil is so different tonally from SHIELD (and every other MCU property, for that matter) that it's hard to imagine a crossover between the two.

Doesn't mean it can't or won't happen, though filming on opposite sides of the country could be an issue.

mreddie

Daredevil is so different tonally from SHIELD (and every other MCU property, for that matter) that it's hard to imagine a crossover between the two.

Doesn't mean it can't or won't happen, though filming on opposite sides of the country could be an issue.

Basically like the rest of Marvelverse, they're so much happening, it's just everything normally happens in New York.

Like Howard The Duck can exist in the same universe as the Punisher.

Basically like the rest of Marvelverse, they're so much happening, it's just everything normally happens in New York.

Like Howard The Duck can exist in the same universe as the Punisher.

Well, yeah, but even if you did a Howard/Punisher story in 616, it's not like you'd be able to ignore the incongruity between the two characters.

Obviously, SHIELD/Daredevil wouldn't be that extreme, but the incongruity is there, and largely for that reason, I suspect we're more likely to see crossover around the edges - Easter eggs, supporting characters, maaaaaaaybe Murdock appearing out of costume in a SHIELD episode - than anything more direct.

Well, yeah, but even if you did a Howard/Punisher story in 616, it's not like you'd be able to ignore the incongruity between the two characters.

Obviously, SHIELD/Daredevil wouldn't be that extreme, but the incongruity is there, and largely for that reason, I suspect we're more likely to see crossover around the edges - Easter eggs, supporting characters, maaaaaaaybe Murdock appearing out of costume in a SHIELD episode - than anything more direct.

Meh, keep it to Netflix for now. The crossovers between the Defenders will be more than interesting enough. They also, as you say, fit way more naturally together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom