• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecclestone was a sooo much better Doctor :D

BdDLT8E.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JJ and Fallout so close and yet so far

October can fuck off already

Slayven

I bet they drop a trailer or a new teaser monday or tuesday. They usually give the fans that couldn't come a little something

Shaanyboi

Banned
Check Twitter - the feedback for the first episode they just got done showing is off the charts praise-filled. Lucky bastages.
To play devil's advocate, reaction from an NYCC panel is heavily skewed by the fact it it's hardcore excitable fans in attendance.

That said I am still excited as fuck

@colliderfrosty: have seen first episode of JESSICA JONES. It's dark, funny, and more adult than I expected.

what I also really dug about JESSICA JONES ep 1 is lack of dumb exposition. We don't have her explaining her life. Show starts and we're off

Great news.

To play devil's advocate, reaction from an NYCC panel is heavily skewed by the fact it it's hardcore excitable fans in attendance.

That said I am still excited as fuck

Who also chose to wait in line for hours and hours to get in, which often results in a further psychological bias towards whatever would justify that decision.

That said, yes, excited. But gotta take such reactions with a grain or two of salt.

Hero

Just came out of the panel and getting dinner. First episode of Jessica Jones was great. Dark, gritty, humorous and disturbing is how I would describe it. Eagerly waiting the rest of the series.

Frog-fu

Banned
NOVEMBER 20TH IS TOO DAMN FAR AWAY.

If you like comics, there's no reason not to have a Comixology account. It's a fantastic website/service. They offer lots of free first and/or promotional issues and have tons of great sales.

Yup, you're right. I signed up and got like 100 free comic issues. This shit is great.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
To anyone who saw the first episode at NYCC: Was there any indication what point in the timeline it takes place? Right after Daredevil season one, maybe a year after...?

Platy

Considering that Netflix shows are basicaly MADE for binge watching, having to wait more than a month to see episode 2 must be ..... destroying some people's souls

Hero

To anyone who saw the first episode at NYCC: Was there any indication what point in the timeline it takes place? Right after Daredevil season one, maybe a year after...?

No direct indication but we know it's after Inhumans are made aware to the public.

E the Shaggy

I also saw the pilot:

They don't make it clear if Luke Cage has powers yet. The relationship between Jessica and Luke already kicks off and there is a pretty famous/infamous scene from the comics that happens.

David Tennant may actually have purple skin, but he only appears in flashbacks where everything has a purple tint to it. He hardly has any screentime, but he's the standout.

It's dark. Really, REALLY dark. When Jessica finds out Killgrave is back, she immediately tries to jump onto a plane to Hong Kong.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
No direct indication but we know it's after Inhumans are made aware to the public.

Nice, thanks. So it takes place no earlier than
the first episode of Agents of SHIELD season three. It may even happen in real time when it's released on Nov. 20.

In case anyone was wondering, BTW, Daredevil season one happened in August and September 2014, a little more than two years after The Avengers and during the early part of Agents of SHIELD season two. So it did not take place at the same time it was released on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom