• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

First look at Finn Jones on location in Manhattan as Iron Fist:

tumblr_o5uliqg5Ca1ujllzro2_400.png

tumblr_o5uliqg5Ca1ujllzro3_400.png

tumblr_o5uliqg5Ca1ujllzro4_400.png

Source:

http://delevingned.tumblr.com/post/143025486926/finn-jones-on-the-set-of-iron-fist-in-nyc

http://mcuexchange.com/first-set-photos-from-iron-fist-make-their-way-online/
Looks like he just got back from K'un-Lun.

shaowebb

Its finally happening...finally we will see Iron Fist get his own series!
MANLY PICTURE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!
a7jw7qw.jpg

Platy

If there is one thing they are totaly getting it right is the amount of "i want to punch this dude" of pre-Iron Fist Danny Rand

Houndi101

My name is Daniel Rand. For ten years I was stranded on a mountain with only one goal: be the best around. Now I will fulfill my dragon's dying wish. To acclimate back to western civilization and hang around with a blind guy and a bulletproof bartender. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become... something else.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oomCIXGzsR0

KodaRuss

I do not know much about Iron Fist. What is a good comic run to brush up on him? I have Marvel Unlimited and I was going to check one out if anyone has any suggestions.

Currently reading some Moon Knight stuff which is cool as hell btw.

Slayven

I do not know much about Iron Fist. What is a good comic run to brush up on him? I have Marvel Unlimited and I was going to check one out if anyone has any suggestions.

Immortal weapons if they have it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Immortal Iron Fist and yes its on MU

Immortal weapons if they have it.

dont just say arc names you silly goose, not everyone is you!

Looks like he just got back from K'un-Lun.

Yeah, the synopsis points to them adapting the arc from his first appearance. Gets back to New York, has to fight for control of his dad's company in addition to fighting the Steel Serpent, Triple Iron:
3237c.jpg

The Scythe:
3230.jpg

Batroc the Leaper:
1782843-batroc.jpg

the fearsome Ninja (that's it. Just Ninja.):
2053889-urib.png

They cast the Meachum family yesterday.

Stroup and Pelphrey complete the cast of series regulars for “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” which includes Finn Jones as Danny Rand, Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing, and David Wenham as Harold Meachum.

No Shang Chi. Because of course there's no Shang Chi because you're not ever getting Shang Chi.

duckroll

This is NeoGaf... Ill check it out and report back!

The Iron Fist run you want to read is The Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker and Fraction. Immortal Weapons is a spinoff miniseries released later that expands on a bunch of supporting characters with different writers for each issue.

Immortal Iron Fist rocks. Immortal Weapons is lame.

Slayven

The Iron Fist run you want to read is The Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker and Fraction. Immortal Weapons is a spinoff miniseries released later that expands on a bunch of supporting characters with different writers for each issue.

Fight me Duckroll

duckroll

Fight me Duckroll

I don't think there is anything to fight here. Immortal Weapons isn't even a "run". It's like 5 stand alone stories, and out of those iirc, only 2 were interesting and only 1 was actually... good. Without reading Immortal Iron Fist first, none of those stories really have any relevance for the reader too. Since they're backstory for characters introduced and developed in Immortal Iron Fist.

JeTmAn81

Double stamping Immortal Iron Fist. Dat Brubaker and Fraction.

jmood88

Yeah, the synopsis points to them adapting the arc from his first appearance. Gets back to New York, has to fight for control of his dad's company in addition to fighting the Steel Serpent, Triple Iron:
3237c.jpg

The Scythe:
3230.jpg

Batroc the Leaper:
1782843-batroc.jpg

the fearsome Ninja (that's it. Just Ninja.):
2053889-urib.png

They cast the Meachum family yesterday.

No Shang Chi. Because of course there's no Shang Chi because you're not ever getting Shang Chi.

Georges St. Pierre must come back to reprise his role as Batroc.

Does anyone else think it's funny how much he kind of looks like Ryan Phillippe (mostly because of the hair) after those rumors a while back?

Nesotenso

I would rather see a show with more Kun Lun than NYC.

Iron Fist is an IP which should have been a movie. If they do depict Kun Luns and dragons in their full glory then this is going to be an expensive TV show.

Georges St. Pierre must come back to reprise his role as Batroc.

I'd have no problem seeing Batroc again. What happened to him in Winter Soldier, just picked up by SHIELD. Make him a partner of a New York based baddie before doing the Hand or whoever Danny is fighting.

TDLink

This is a 100% correct opinion.

Immortal Iron Fist is the best the character has ever been. Too bad they probably won't adapt it until later in the run/potentially never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom