• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fades

Banned
I can see that, while still keeping the feeling of Iron Fist, by making his chi or whatever be an actual identifiable physical particle that you can tap into with training. I feel like that, or similar, will be the route that they take. Like comic Cyclops's eyes being portals to an energy dimension and not just spontaneous blasts.

Hagi

I can see that, while still keeping the feeling of Iron Fist, by making his chi or whatever be an actual identifiable physical particle that you can tap into with training. I feel like that, or similar, will be the route that they take.

Why bother? Adding realism to something that is supposed to be steeped in mysticism seems like a waste.

The guys hands glow with energy just own that shit.

Seems like they'll downplay the magic/mysticism of his powers

https://twitter.com/jess_cail/status/786291639744540672
J41HMka.jpg

Marvel TV so behind on the tim-- Wait, even Agents of SHIELD is going full magic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grounding in science =/= downplaying magic.

IGN has a few interviews where they still pretty explicitly say he's channeling chi powers, just that they talked to some physicists about how those would actually work if they were real.

Platy

Yeah I would have guessed they went more on a "so .. what EXACTLY a x ton punch could do to an iron door ?"

duckroll

No no no
Bobby Roberts was my nemesis in MovieGAF. I dispatched him with a fatal blow.
he actually just wanted to take a break, he's on Twitter chillin'

Slayven wants a shot at the king
He will fall

I hope Bobby is feeling better now. He seemed really angry sometimes for no reason. A break from GAF is good for most people!

I hope Bobby is feeling better now. He seemed really angry sometimes for no reason. A break from GAF is good for most people!

Ya, Bobby's good people. He's in peak form right now thanks to the election and Rogue One too.

You can stuff a corset with spiders a lot more easily than you can do a laser beam

...I don't think I ever expected a sentence like that to be constructed anywhere

Slayven

No no no
Bobby Roberts was my nemesis in MovieGAF. I dispatched him with a fatal blow.
he actually just wanted to take a break, he's on Twitter chillin'

Slayven wants a shot at the king
He will fall

you will fall

You are the champion of the 10th hidden city Lamesville

Slayven

As far as The Immortal Weapons go The Bride, Fat Cobra, and Prince of Orphans or the really the only ones that stretch the budget

duckroll

As far as The Immortal Weapons go The Bride, Fat Cobra, and Prince of Orphans or the really the only ones that stretch the budget

The "Immortal Weapons" are going to be a bunch of underground cage fighter champions each representing a different gang from Chinatown. They'll namedrop the capital cities of heaven with the gang names. Danny will have to fight his way through the underground tournament to get information he needs on his father's killer.

I already regret posting that. If that really happens I apologize. >_<

The "Immortal Weapons" are going to be a bunch of underground cage fighter champions each representing a different gang from Chinatown. They'll namedrop the capital cities of heaven with the gang names. Danny will have to fight his way through the underground tournament to get information he needs on his father's killer.

I like it! Let's keep things dark and gritty.

Or just remake Bloodsport.
Can we do that

aly

Dammit I expect this to happen now.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

If this happens I will personally punch you through the internet.

Slayven

For penance buy 5 tickets too the next transformers movie. 7 tickets if it has a weird cameo from a Chinese celebrity .

TDLink

For whatever reason I get more the sense that the Marvel Netflix stuff is building into the crazy stuff rather than having it right away. Basically following the film model where Iron Man started fairly grounded and now we've come to the point where Doctor Strange can be a thing.

I am not sure why they are taking this strategy with Netflix but I do think we'll see the "true comic" version of characters like Black Mariah, Misty Knight, Iron Fist, etc. eventually. It's sort of like how Daredevil didn't really put on a costume sort of resembling his until the last episode of S1...and didn't put on his actual costume until S2. And how they didn't really go all in on the ninjas in S1 but did in S2.

I feel like they put Nuke into JJ S1 to lead him down his batshit path in Defenders or JJ S2.

I'd definitely prefer they just embrace things instead of "ease people in" with a season, because I don't think people really need that ease in. But these first seasons of shows have still been enjoyable enough even if it feels like they're holding back.

For whatever reason I get more the sense that the Marvel Netflix stuff is building into the crazy stuff rather than having it right away. Basically following the film model where Iron Man started fairly grounded and now we've come to the point where Doctor Strange can be a thing.

I am not sure why they are taking this strategy with Netflix but I do think we'll see the "true comic" version of characters like Black Mariah, Misty Knight, Iron Fist, etc. eventually. It's sort of like how Daredevil didn't really put on a costume sort of resembling his until the last episode of S1...and didn't put on his actual costume until S2. And how they didn't really go all in on the ninjas in S1 but did in S2.

I feel like they put Nuke into JJ S1 to lead him down his batshit path in Defenders or JJ S2.

I'd definitely prefer they just embrace things instead of "ease people in" with a season, because I don't think people really need that ease in. But these first seasons of shows have still been enjoyable enough even if it feels like they're holding back.

The small CGI budgets for these shows probably have something to do with it as well.

duckroll

Gotta love the Netflix Marvel power set though.

Daredevil - Punches people really hard, does awesome flips.
Jessica Jones - Punches people really hard, jumps really high.
Luke Cage - Punches people (and walls) really hard, deflects bullets.
Iron Fist - Punches everything really hard, has a glowing fist.
Punisher - Shoots every motherfucker.

Clearly one of these is superior to all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom