• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10 - 16 July

Raw64life

Might as well add in the other unconfirmed software and hardware numbers since they've been accurate 7 times in a row now...

neo2046 said:
1 PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 13 - 151,906 / NEW
2 NDS New Super Mario Bros. - 119,190 / 2,256,870
3 PS2 Persona 3 - 116,682 / NEW
4 PS2 Sarugetchu Million Monkeys - 57,255 / NEW
5 NDS Brain Age 2 - 52,024 / 2,752,211
6 NDS Project Hacker - 37,165 / NEW
7 PSP LocoRoco - 31,848 / NEW
8 NDS Brain Age - 31,549 / 2,539,922
9 NDS Naruto RPG 3 - 26518 / NEW
10 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 25,746 / 2,937,042

11 PSP Quiz Mobile Gundam DX - 23,700 / NEW
12 PS2 Winning Eleven 10
13 NDS English Training
14 PSP Tekken DR - 17,000 / 67,000
15 NDS Tetris DS
16 PS2 Xenosaga EP III - 15,000 / 139,000
17 NDS Rockman ZX
18 NDS Pokemon Ranger
19 NDS Mario Kart DS
20 NDS Digimon Story

21 PS2 Super Dragon Ball Z
22 PS2 VP2 Silmeria
23 PSP my Summer Vacation
24 PSP Brave Story - 6,500 / 15,000
25 NDS Big Brain Academy
26 NDS Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Best Price
27 PSP SCE Science Kenkyuujou
28 PSP Tengai Makyou 4 - 4,600 / NEW
29 PS2 Shinseiki Evolution 2nd Impact Pachislot
30 Daito Giken Premium Pachislot Collection Yoshi Takashi

GBA bit generations dotstream - 4,500 [NEW]
GBA bit generations Dialhex - 2,400 [NEW]
GBA bit generations Boundish - 1,800 [NEW]
PSP Tengai Makyou 4 - 4,600 [NEW]
NDS Brave Story - 2500 [7,000]

DSL - 140,858
PSP - 35,283
PS2 - 23,927
DS - 11,821
GBASP - 2,619
GBM - 1,581
Xbox360 - 1,105

Bo130

Jonnyram said:
No. 9 on that chart you quoted is English Training :/

>_< Gah :p Sorry about that. Of course it is. I was just looking for our usual translation.

EDIT: Tetris is actually still doing pretty well - any idea on what the totals for that are? :)

Nintendo's gonna have to pump out some more training games soon. Brain Age 1 and 2 are kind of falling, and there needs to be a third to keep this new market of "gamers" coming back.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The best selling GBA Mario game sold was near 5 million. NSMB should break 2 million in each territory EASILY imo. 6 million is a lock. Wonder how far it can go.

Raw64life

NSMB sales continue to amaze. It might do the same or even more for next week with the launch of the pink DSL. Also, as of this week, NSMB is the best selling Mario game of ANY kind in Japan since Super Mario Kart on SNES.

Jonnyram

A Link to the Past said:
Nintendo's gonna have to pump out some more training games soon. Brain Age 1 and 2 are kind of falling, and there needs to be a third to keep this new market of "gamers" coming back.
Well there's that General Knowledge Training coming out in October, so that should help a lot... I would hardly say that 52,000 in a week is bad for a non-game released last Christmas though. I expect it to be up a bit next week if the hardware sales are explosive too.

It's good to know that after all these years, Mario is still the King of the nintendo platforms.

#2 Seller on the Gamecube in the US (Mario Sunshine 2.2 million, behind Smash)
#2 Seller on the GameBoy Advance in the US (Mario Advance 2, behind Pokemon Ruby)
#1 Seller on the Nintendo DS in the US (Super Mario 64) *not counting Nintendogs combined
#1 Seller on the Nintendo 64 in the US and Worldwide (11 million worldwide, 6 million in the US)

And now he'll inevitably be the #2 Seller on the Nintendo DS (after Pokemon, since the Dogz alone can't beat him). A fresh start for Nintendo, and a fresh start for Mario domination.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
medrew said:
1 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 13 151906 (PS2) 151,906
2 New Super Mario Bros. 119190 (DS) 2,256,870
3 Persona 3 116682 (PS2) 116,682
4 Million Monkeys 57255 (PS2) 57,255
5 More Brain Age 52024 (DS) 2,752,211
6 Project Hacker 37165 (DS) 37,165
7 Loco Roco 31848 (PSP) 31,848
8 Brain Age 31549 (DS) 2,539,922
9 Naruto 26518 (DS) 26,518
10 Animal Crossing: Wild World 25746 (DS) 2,937,042

I wonder whether Mario or Brain age 2 will reach 3 million first. (AC will beat them both though).

A little fun note - of the new gaming generation, Brain Age, Animal Crossing and Mario are the only ones that have a game that are >2 million, and all three will have broken three million soon. I wonder if Zelda PH or FFIII have a chance.

Of course, that can be chalked up to the fact that there is no DQIX, FFXIII or Pokemon D/P. :)

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
Isn't the total sales more important? :D

Persona 3 will almost certainly outsell XS3's total next week.

We will see, duckroll! I do not have faith in fellow man.

polg

GBA bit generations dotstream - 4,500 [NEW]
GBA bit generations Dialhex - 2,400 [NEW]
GBA bit generations Boundish - 1,800 [NEW]

Does this mean I should get it NOW, how many copies has nintendo printed?

Rockman platform games are dead in japon. Capcom released 2 awesome remakes for PSP and one awesome new game for DS and get poor sales.

Amir0x

Banned
It's dead everywhere apparently.

Megaman needs to go into hiding for about four years, and when they finally bring him back it should be in one incredible 2D action platformer with hi-res 2D art with the biggest marketing campaign Capcom could muster! (<<<< this would only happen in a universe where the gaming lords still loved me)

osyrus said:
stupids, buy more rockman and less shovelware

Maybe Capcom needs to cool off a bit with the franchise. They have been buying Rockman games in the past, when you get them yearly, or get 3 withing 6 months, you're bound to get sick of it unless you're a huge fan of the franchise. Rockman ZX is great, but it doesn't do enough to distinguish itself from its predecessor in a way that's more apparent to the people tired of the franchise.

Soul4ger

rockman zx said:
Rockman platform games are dead in japon. Capcom released 2 awesome remakes for PSP and one awesome new game for DS and get poor sales.

Oh my God, you realize that not every game goes on to sell two million now, right? It's up to 50K in its second week, Mega Man ZX, and it will likely continue to sell around 10 to 15K for several week now. It'll be fine.

KINGMOKU

osyrus said:
stupids, buy more rockman and less shovelware
I wonder if Rockman can be considered shovelware. A new game comes out every friggen week, so much so that you need a damn shovel when moving your Rockman collection around.

100+games now? 200+?

If I had to buy every Rockman game that came down the pike, I would be poor. 10-20 game a year, for every damn platform.

Capcom burnt this franchise into the ground, and then stomped its cold dead body.

Emotions

Axord said:
Doubtful.

Why doubtful? Nintendo brought over Trace Memory and they're bringing Hotel Dusk too. I don't see why they wouldn't bring Project Hacker as well being published by them and in the same vein as those 2 games.

Go NSMB Go, excellent for it.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
arussell said:
hmmm DS with only 5 of the top spots :(

Hmmm I keep seeing 6:

2 New Super Mario Bros. 119190 (DS) 2,256,870
5 More Brain Age 52024 (DS) 2,752,211
6 Project Hacker 37165 (DS) 37,165
8 Brain Age 31549 (DS) 2,539,922
9 Naruto 26518 (DS) 26,518
10 Animal Crossing: Wild World 25746 (DS) 2,937,042

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
Neo, I think you should just start new threads with unconfirmed numbers, and then we can confirm them later. :)
I fully support this. Maybe it'll also make the confirmed numbers be posted in a consistent format.

ethelred

rockman zx said:

Have you been saying this consistently for the past three years while Zero 3 and Zero 4 were released? Because so far, ZX is performing better than Zero 4.

Persona 3 has only been out 3 days for this specific chart, so that's not bad. How long was Xenosaga out for its first chart? The same amount of time?

Still, given previous Megaten related sales in Japan, this is pretty much in the same line.

Lee N

Membre
Amir0x said:
It's dead everywhere apparently.

Megaman needs to go into hiding for about four years
Despite being impressed with Rockman ZX, I agree with you on this. The Megaman series have been going downhill for years and it needs to take a break, milking a series with tons of sequels, spinoffs and remakes does not help with getting the series back on track. It needs a break.

ivysaur12

Banned
Emotions said:
Why doubtful? Nintendo brought over Trace Memory and they're bringing Hotel Dusk too. I don't see why they wouldn't bring Project Hacker as well being published by them and in the same vein as those 2 games.

Go NSMB Go, excellent for it.

Project Hacker better come out here. It looks awesome.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
A_Lee_N said:
Despite being impressed with Rockman ZX, I agree with you on this. The Megaman series have been going downhill for years and it needs to take a break, milking a series with tons of sequels, spinoffs and remakes does not help with getting the series back on track. It needs a break.

Gamers need changes too.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Semjaza Azazel said:
Persona 3 has only been out 3 days for this specific chart, so that's not bad. How long was Xenosaga out for its first chart? The same amount of time?

Still, given previous Megaten related sales in Japan, this is pretty much in the same line.
duckroll said 116k is very good for p3, much better than Devil Summoner at least.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Semjaza Azazel said:
With very few exceptions, all games are released on the same day of the week so they have the same amount of days in its first weekly chart.

apotema

Now the 4 best selling games for DS have reached the same amount sold as the 4 best selling games for PS2 (NSMB+AC:WW+BT+BT2 = DQVIII+FFX+FFX2+FFXII)

Top Bottom