• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 27 Mar - 2 Apr

ioi

Banned
MrSardonic said:
quite astonishing that DS is selling ~200k and there are still shortages.

Well you have to remember that first week in Jan they could have sold another 500k DS units but only did about 90k due to shortages. The throughout Jan you would have expected it to do 150k+ weeks for a bit, so there is a hell of a backlog of people just wanting any kind of DS. Never mind the probably couple of million who now want a DSL. Sales are going to be like this for a while yet...

Doogdogg

milanbaros said:
Has anyone got weekly sales for CoM? It seems it might have some legs.

179,194 last week Famitsu ( through march 26)

BTW when did Gentle Brain Training fall off Fam top 30??

cvxfreak

A few weeks back, which is surprising. It should be back this week if we use Media Create as a rough guide. Or wwait for the top 100 chart for March.

polg

125367996_908f0f77b7_o.jpg

last week... I moved flats, no internet = sad life... now settled down and have connection again.

Dalthien

cvxfreak said:
A few weeks back, which is surprising. It should be back this week if we use Media Create as a rough guide. Or wwait for the top 100 chart for March.
That's what is weird though. It has been hanging in around #15 of so on Media Create for much of March, which would put it somewhere around 10,000 - 15,000 or so per week, yet it hasn't even made the top 30 for Famitsu at all in March, which means according to Famitsu it has been less than 5,000 per week. Something strange happened with the tracking for this game in March.

polg

125367997_dc0f5fef6d_o.jpg

interesting tidbits:

* combined DS sales higher than last week of november, before holiday season
* if sales stay this high, it will achieve an average of 100K per week, which hasn't happened before

polg

jamesinclair said:
Theres a problem with that chart. Combined DS sales should start at fat DS, not at zero.

Also, I love how that chart shows both.

ya, I know what you mean, but I though this way it would be cleaner, as the combined line gets hidden at the bottom until the dsl launch.

I'll do some experiments to see how it looks :D

polg said:
* if sales stay this high, it will achieve an average of 100K per week, which hasn't happened before
So nothing has hit 5.2 million in a year before?

polg said:
ya, I know what you mean, but I though this way it would be cleaner, as the combined line gets hidden at the bottom until the dsl launch.

I'll do some experiments to see how it looks
If there was a bit more color contrast between the original DS square and the combined DS+DSL diamond, it would look pretty good to have the diamond in the square through all the older numbers.

AniHawk

polg said:
125367997_dc0f5fef6d_o.jpg

interesting tidbits:

* combined DS sales higher than last week of november, before holiday season

"Accomplished"

Yikes.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Those graphs really need to be scaled.. the crazy DS sales spikes are making everything else look miniscule in comparison.

polg

JoshuaJSlone said:
So nothing has hit 5.2 million in a year before?

If there was a bit more color contrast between the original DS square and the combined DS+DSL diamond, it would look pretty good to have the diamond in the square through all the older numbers.

1) I meant the DS (there were speculations last year that it was going to hit that average but it never happened :)

2) for you and all the others that commented on the chart's design. Will play with it. I absolutely HATE excel for mac. Is there any stand alone graph generator?

Anything for mac suX.

But good graph anyways. Mind if I use some of it's date labels (Such and such game releases?)

You'll be credited

cvxfreak

LanceStern said:
Anything for mac suX.

God, the Mac hate on this forum is mind numbing.

polg said:
2) for you and all the others that commented on the chart's design. Will play with it. I absolutely HATE excel for mac. Is there any stand alone graph generator?

Excel on Windows is just about the same thing.

I suggest Nintendo open a new, small maufacturing site.

Think about it:

- They have to launch DSLite in the US
- They have to launch DSLite in Europe
- They have to launch DSLite in other areas
- They have to keep up production for rapid sales in Japan
- They have to keep up the production while launching in all those areas, and POKEMON coming out later this year.

They need some more DS's

polg

LanceStern said:
Anything for mac suX.

But good graph anyways. Mind if I use some of it's date labels (Such and such game releases?)

You'll be credited

you insult mac and then u ask for a favour?

"You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

;)

donny2112

polg said:
1) I meant the DS (there were speculations last year that it was going to hit that average but it never happened :)

I've been watching to see if that will happen, too. It's at a 97,996/week average right now. If it sells 240,300 this week (unlikely) or 340,300 over the next two weeks (possible), it'll hit 100K average for its lifespan. It's a virtual guarantee in the next few weeks, though. Good stuff, and thanks for bringing it back up. :D

Markster

BorkBork said:
Those graphs really need to be scaled.. the crazy DS sales spikes are making everything else look miniscule in comparison.

Take the log of all the numbers! That would sure flatten things out.

Brofist

seeing these topics makes me think Nintendo is really missing the boat by not releasing a Segagaga type game for the DS. Imagine a game on the DS where you are in charge of Nintendo and get to use the touch screen to make DS sales charts on the fly. It would be an instant orgasm for the sales guys in here :lol

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
And if Revolution takes off Nintendo could be suffering shortages for both their machines in Japan during Xmas 2006. The revmote must not be the easiest product to rapidly manufacture

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
It took you this many days to figure that out?

I thought about it in the first few days, but I couldn't really be sure until I confirmed the E3 dates the other day.

polg said:
what's the ds forecast for april?

700K Lites are due in April, although as far as I know, no original model numbers were given. They can be higher or lower than March's 200K, who knows.

jarrod

Banned
How well did Shining Soul 1-2 sell? Those might be a good comparison for Contact (though they're part of an established brand).

jarrod said:
How well did Shining Soul 1-2 sell? Those might be a good comparison for Contact (though they're part of an established brand).
Mmmm...just first week for SSII :/
 ▼ Shining Soul 02.03.28 GBA 33,041 7,779 5,980 72,997 45.26 %
 ▼ Shining Soul II 03.07.24 GBA 13,928 - - 13,928 %

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Mmmm...just first week for SSII :/
 ▼ Shining Soul 02.03.28 GBA 33,041 7,779 5,980 72,997 45.26 %
 ▼ Shining Soul II 03.07.24 GBA 13,928 - - 13,928 %
Well, Contact seems to be doing okay by comparison. Hopefully it makes enough money to keep the IP going. :)

Furoba

polg said:

NeoOffice/OpenOffice?

ioi

Banned
not the most exciting of weeks, new releases are:

PS2 Black 2006-04-06 5040 yen EA
PSP Eureka Seven 2006-04-06 5040 yen Bandai Namco
GBA Eyeshield 21 Devilbats Devildays 2006-04-06 4800 yen Nintendo
DS Fruits Mura no Doubutsutachi 2 2006-04-06 5040 yen TDK Core
GBA Minna no Soft Series: Number Play Advance 2006-04-06 ~ Success
PS2 Pro Baseball Netsu Star 2006 2006-04-06 7140 yen Bandai Namco
PS2 Pro Baseball Spirits 3 2006-04-06 7329 yen Konami
X360 Pro Baseball Spirits 3 2006-04-06 7329 yen Konami
DS Tenchu Dark Shadow 2006-04-06 5040 yen From Software

Fuzzy said:
I miss the weeks when we got numbers from [eg] a day before Gpara. :(

Well we usually tend to get a good idea a few hours before from neo.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ioi said:
Well we usually tend to get a good idea a few hours before from neo.
That's not the same as top 10 numbers and rankings for the top 30 two days before Media Create posts them on their site. :(

ioi

Banned
Fuzzy said:
That's not the same as top 10 numbers and rankings for the top 30 two days before Media Create posts them on their site. :(

True, but you have to make the most of what you've got ;-)

Anyway come on Fuzzy, you're one of many who follow Media Create closely and yet never offer any predictions... :D

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Let me try:

1. Brain Training 2 - 85k
2. Animal Crossing - 83k
3. Pokemon Ranger - 62k
4. Pro Baseball Spirits 3 - 57k
5. Final Fantasy XII - 55k
6. Brain Training - 52k
7. English Training - 50k
8. Pro Baseball Netsu Star - 40k
9. Pro Soccer wo Tsukurou Europe Championship - 28k