• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 27 Mar - 2 Apr

I miss those days of everyone just sitting around AMAZED at 300-400-500-600k DSes being sold in a week.

And just think that was only about 4 months ago. Seems like ages and I miss it.

Pokemon won't save the day, it'll absolutely destroy the MONTH

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Leonsito said:
I have the total at 6.859.733 :-S
Correct, Game-Science is wrong. The mistake they have for the DS is for the week of February 6 - 12, they have 10,233 when it was really 10,223.

EDIT: BTW the fiscal year (well actually April 4-April 2) total sold for the DS+DSL was 4,835,744. We'll see how that matches up to Nintendo's financial report for the amount they shipped when it's released next month.

Looking back, I see the first Easter thread is where I first used by DS banana as something other than my avatar. That inspired me to create a DS Lite banana. It's half as wide as regular bananas... well, twice as tall to prevent losing any image data. Eyes/screens are the same size. Rather than the eyes being single white, it goes between several levels of brightness, at peak causing a small halo of white around the eyes that doesn't show up a whole lot in the light gray backgrounds of GAF. Toothpaste blue seems like the least-liked DS color, but the other two color options are more generic.
anibananadsgray.gif
dsgreyav2.gif
anibananadsliceblue.gif

cvxfreak

All GSc's updated totals, please correct if wrong:

Code:
1	 DS Lite	 149,371	 119,986	 532,037	 532,037
2	 Nintendo DS	 59,903	 39,307	 680,754	 6,327,696
3	 PSP	 36,943	 31,077	 552,494	 3,235,456
4	 PlayStation 2	 33,301	 34,169	 447,909	 11,824,959
5	 GameBoy Advance SP	 6,732	 5,627	 76,707	 5,780,546
6	 Xbox360	 3,258	 1,415	 33,423	 103,990
7	 Game Boy micro	 2,992	 4,883	 55,299	 470,386
8	 GameCube	 1,492	 1,458	 41,344	 3,197,664
9	 GameBoy Advance	 151	 98	 2,238	 4,555,796
10	 Xbox	 68	 117	 1,281	 473,732
NA	 DS + DSL	 209,274	 159,293	 1,212,791	 6,859,733
NA	 GBA + GBASP + GBm	 9,875	 10,608	 134,244	 10,798,129

Fuzzy

cvxfreak said:

Code:
1	 DS Lite	 149,371	 119,986	 532,037	 532,037
2	 Nintendo DS	 59,903	 39,307	 680,754	 6,327,696
How can you have the wrong YTD total for the DS (see my previous post) but the correct LTD total?

I just wanted to point out something else about how closely Nintendo's shipped figure for Japan is to the amount Media Create's sold figure is. For the 9 months ending December 31st Nintendo's shipped number was 3.58 million while MC said they sold 3,622,963 for the 39 weeks ending January 1st (of course they already had stock on the shelves before that time started which is why it's higher).

As of the week ending January 1st MC's total for the DS LTD was 5,646,952 while Nintendo's shipped LTD total as of December 31st was 5.70 million.

mutsu

Fuzzy said:
How can you have the wrong YTD total for the DS (see my previous post) but the correct LTD total?

I just wanted to point out something else about how closely Nintendo's shipped figure for Japan is to the amount Media Create's sold figure is. For the 9 months ending December 31st Nintendo's shipped number was 3.58 million while MC said they sold 3,622,963 for the 39 weeks ending January 1st (of course they already had stock on the shelves before that time started which is why it's higher).

As of the week ending January 1st MC's total for the DS LTD was 5,646,952 while Nintendo's shipped LTD total as of December 31st was 5.70 million.

This means people are actually buying the systems (we all know that by now), unlike some certain company releasing shipped numbers for their UMD movies and... we all know what actually happened.

Fuzzy

mutsu said:
This means people are actually buying the systems (we all know that by now), unlike some certain company releasing shipped numbers for their UMD movies and... we all know what actually happened.
I don't know what you're talking about since I'm only talking about Nintendo without needlessly comparing them to any other company.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
I don't know what you're talking about since I'm only talking about Nintendo without needlessly comparing them to any other company.

In any case, it's about Sony's large shipment quantities suddenly being touted as sold to consumers. :lol

As for the incorrect DS YTD, I recalculated and am up by ten units. Redone.

cvxfreak said:
Here are where we differ.

I second Fuzzy's note about the incorrectness of the original DS's YTD.

My GBASP YTD is completely different: 89,241. 12,534 less than yours. Here are my SP numbers, starting the week of January 2.

My GBM YTD is 1 less, but the LTD matches. Typo on your part, perhaps? Making an error of -1 in one year and +1 in another would be a really interesting error.

My PS2 number is 447,771. 138 less than yours. Here are my PS2 numbers, starting the week of January 2.

cvxfreak

Thanks Joshua.

I'm simply going to redo the GBA numbers this year because the error begins on the third week, thus leading to a screwed up year. Thanks for catching it!

All fixed for all GBA, GBASP and PS2. PS2's error was two weeks ago.

Fuzzy

I just noticed the DS totals for March (5 weeks),

DSL - 532,037
DS - 229,380
Total - 761,417

and just because someone will ask

PSP - 183,069 (578,348 less than the DS+DSL)

cvxfreak

Media Create seems to actually be lowballing DSL figures, if we take Dengeki's this week and Famitsu's last week, which would be around the 550K mark Nintendo said they shipped.

Fuzzy

cvxfreak said:
Media Create seems to actually be lowballing DSL figures, if we take Dengeki's this week and Famitsu's last week, which would be around the 550K mark Nintendo said they shipped.
We'll see next month how close MC was.

ioi

Banned
Impressive DS numbers, as I said in another thread I expect this level to continue through to at least the end of may (8 weeks away) and by that time we will likely be looking at:

DS Hardware 8.5m
Animal Crossing 3.0m
Brain Training 2.3m
Brain Training2 2.4m

And I think 4m is now a cert for Animal Crossing (!!!!) and 3.5m for the two Brain Trainings. Brain Training 2 will sell more in 2006 than FFXII and AC will come pretty close.

ioi

Banned
cvxfreak said:
http://everythingandnothing.org.uk/...rossing:+Wild+World&name2=Donkey+Kong+Country

Looks like ACDS is still behind DKC in a similar timeframe, but AC's had the better numbers these last few weeks. 3 Million indeed, maybe even 3.5 Million. Nintendogs was out almost a year ago but is still charting on Famitsu. Animal Crossing may very well continue to do 10K well into November.

I think it will do much much better than DKC now, it's definitely going to pull ahead the next few weeks. I'll quote myself from the "worldwide million sellers" thread:

ioi said:
Well we are in unprecidented territory really, and the only comparison that comes even close is the original Pokemon.

All three titles are well beyond any type of sales pattern. To be honest the way I'd look at it is as follows:

-The games will continue to sell in the top 10 at 50k+ a week for a certain time. You have to imagine that sales will drop off eventually, but who knows when? I can certainly see it continuing through April and early May just because of the strength of the hardware which seems to be driving software at the moment, but after that who knows? If AC / BT2 continues at around 80k a week and BT at 50k until mid-May we'll be at:

Animal Crossing- 3.0m
Brain Training- 2.3m
Brain Training 2- 2.4m

-At some point you have to see the games tail off. If this does start to happen mid-May (no reason necessarily why it should, but worst case) then if you compare to something like Pokemon Red/Green/Blue (which obviously had a stupidly huge period of selling about 150k a week and then dropped back down to more reasonable levels in about week 100 after the 2nd xmas) then the title still sold another 1.5m after that. I think that even when these games do begin to drop back to sub 30k a week, they will still have another million left in them at least and Brain Trainings maybe moreso that AC, an advantage of being released towards the start of a systems life.

Based on all this, as a MINIMUM I'd have to say that the following is achievable.

Animal Crossing- 4.0m
Brain Training- 3.5m
Brain Training 2- 3.8m

And if I was being a betting man and assuming that this current period will probably last even longer through the year, I'd say:

Animal Crossing- 4.5m
Brain Training- 4.0m
Brain Training 2- 4.3m

Which would put the games easily in the top ten EVER in Japan and really would be more than any Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mario Kart and so on have ever sold. You have to look forward to the release of Pokemon D/P towards the end of the year and whether that will boost or eat into the sales of these games, I suspect the former and you'd have to guess Pokemon at around 6m as well, so the list of 4-million sellers in Japan could look something like:

Pokemon R/B/G- 10.23
Pokemon G/S- 7.21
Super Mario Bros- 6.81
Pokemon D/P- 6.50
Pokemon R/S- 5.29
Animal Crossing- 4.50
Brain Training 2- 4.30

Tetris- 4.24
Super Mario Land- 4.19
Dragon Quest VII- 4.12
Brain Training- 4.00

Scary stuff indeed !

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
And I think 4m is now a cert for Animal Crossing (!!!!) and 3.5m for the two Brain Trainings. Brain Training 2 will sell more in 2006 than FFXII and AC will come pretty close.

I don't know, ioi. Any more than 3 mil for AC seems kinda iffy. Course, it's proven that it has immense legs. I hope I'm wrong.

ioi

Banned
Oblivion said:
I don't know, ioi. Any more than 3 mil for AC seems kinda iffy. Course, it's proven that it has immense legs. I hope I'm wrong.

It'll get near to 3m in the next couple of months. It's on, say 2.4m now (all the sources disagree as usual but hey- I have it higher than that but lets be conservative).

If it averages 70k for the next 6 weeks while hardware stays around 200k (given 700k DSL + 150k DS in Apr this is likely) then that would be 2.4 + (0.07*6) = 2.82m.

Then perhaps a steady drop-off over the end of may / june to about 30k (so averaging 50k a week for another 6 weeks) is another 300k. So 3.12m by end of June (halfway through the year).

Then if it does around 15-20k for the next few months, and perhaps drops back to around 10-15k by Oct time we have (10 weeks*15) = 150k plus (10 weeks*10) 100k so another 250k (and this is at the lower end of what I think it will do) so thats 3.37, by end of November. You have to then see it doing 50-100k for a couple of weeks over xmas again so maybe for december we have (10k+15k+25k+60k+50k+70k+20k...) etc back into Jan 2007 so that is another 250k for Dec / first half of Jan. 3.62m by mid Jan 2007, being quite conservative really, with probably another 300-400k left in it yet at that point doing 3-5k a week for most of the year.

More than 3m is a cert (ask me again about June 20th) and more than 4m as far as I'm concerned is almost a definite as well. And it could be MUCH MUCH higher than that yet.

Look at the comparison with Donkey Kong:

http://everythingandnothing.org.uk/vg/japcomp.php?name1=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World&name2=Donkey+Kong+Country

Even if it were to suddenly start dropping away next week (50k-->35k-->20k or whatever) it would still make 3m, it's 50k behind at the moment but doing 80k a week vs 20k. It'll take the lead next week. 3m is a cert.

Now lets try a game with bigger legs than DKC, Smash Bros on N64:

http://everythingandnothing.org.uk/vg/japcomp.php?name1=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World&name2=Super+Smash+Bros

Now obviously the totals are way off again, but look at week 19 for both (this week for AC). Smash Bros had just done 1.1m on the way to 1.97m (so 870k left yet), and was on 20k a week. This is my point, even when AC / BT / BT2 drop back to more normal levels of 20k a week, they will still have 750k-1m left in them, and that is a long way off yet.

You have to remember that these games will still be doing 1-2k a week in 3-4 years time, to have sold this much at this stage and still be doing so much on a weekly basis is what is most impressive.

Comparing Brain Training to Super Mario World (which sold 3.5m) and you have to say that it looks like BT might just have the edge:

http://everythingandnothing.org.uk/vg/japcomp.php?name1=Brain+Training&name2=Super+Mario+World

As of week 46, it is only 65k behind but again doing 55k a week compared to 20k.

These game still have a HUGE amount of sales in them yet. I wouldn't put 4m out of reach of any of the three of them.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
ioi said:
the list of 4-million sellers in Japan could look something like:

Pokemon R/B/G- 10.23
Pokemon G/S- 7.21
Super Mario Bros- 6.81
Pokemon D/P- 6.50
Pokemon R/S- 5.29
Animal Crossing- 4.50
Brain Training 2- 4.30
Tetris- 4.24
Super Mario Land- 4.19
Dragon Quest VII- 4.12
Brain Training- 4.00

That would be madness and Nintendomination...but I just don't see the BTrainings doing those sales (and AC I'd imagine closer to 3.5m). You're looking at the BT total sales more than doubling (and the series hitting 10m+ sales in Japan alone), and unless these games have the longest legs in history or hit enormous Dec 2006 - Jan 2007 sales, I just can't see that happening.

Animal Crossing and Brain Training games need to STOP.

Seriously, they are going to fuck the japanese games industry. I seriously hope they go down as soon as possible and no more games like them are released.

But it seems the damage is already done. What else can I hope for? If Revolution succeeds, it better be thanks to Mario, Zelda and games I like rather than brain training, non-games and such.

I'm not trying to bash Nintendo or those games, I just don't like those games at all, but they are doing so much better than the games I like. Its a matter of time the industry goes ga-ga over them and forgets about 'my games'.

Mario Kart lost to them, New Super Mario Bros better beat them...but I will stfu about a prediction for this title.

Kroole

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I'm not trying to bash Nintendo or those games, I just don't like those games at all, but they are doing so much better than the games I like. Its a matter of time the industry goes ga-ga over them and forgets about 'my games'.

Yeah and how about those sims. Man they really destroyed the PC-market...

Jonnyram

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Mario Kart lost to them, New Super Mario Bros better beat them...but I will stfu about a prediction for this title.
Mario Kart on the DS sold more than either the N64, GBA or GC versions. What the hell is your problem?

By the way, I have a funny feeling the Brain Training software will just go on selling forever. It might lose a bit of speed every now and then, but it seems to be the kind of software that will sell to anyone who buys a new DS, or a specific percentage of those people. Constant sales for the win. Nintendo must be thrilled.

Kroole said:
Yeah and how about those sims. Man they really destroyed the PC-market...

MMORPGS have destroyed the PC market. It took my beloved blizzard away from me. :*-(

Jonnyram said:
By the way, I have a funny feeling the Brain Training software will just go on selling forever. It might lose a bit of speed every now and then, but it seems to be the kind of software that will sell to anyone who buys a new DS, or a specific percentage of those people. Constant sales for the win. Nintendo must be thrilled.

You mean like Tetris?

Jonnyram said:
Mario Kart on the DS sold more than either the N64, GBA or GC versions. What the hell is your problem?
That the titles above Mario Kart on GBA are:
-Rockman EXE
-Super Mario Bros
-Pokemon

On N64 they are all below, but this 3 are close:
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario 64
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

On GC this are all close:
Smash Bros Melee
Mario Party 4 (ugh)
The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker
Super Mario Sunshine

But on DS BT and AC are beating them by a mile and a lot of others are near:
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Brain Training
Brain Training 2
Nintendog
Brain Flex
Tamogotchi Connection: Corner Shop

I don't like any of the top selling games on DS, but I do on GBA, N64 and GC. Is that a problem? Not too big, but it is for me if the trend is going to change into releasing more games like DS top selling ones.

lancubap

cvxfreak said:
DSL 149,371
DS 59,903
PSP 36,943
PS2 33,301
GBASP 6,732
Xbox360 3,258
GBM 2,992
GC 1,492
GBA 151
Xbox 68

GULP !!!! Nintendo DS's Performance is amazing ! This time DS reach 200.000+ ! it is incredible for a hors Christmas Time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Seriously, they are going to fuck the japanese games industry. I seriously hope they go down as soon as possible and no more games like them are released.

But it seems the damage is already done. What else can I hope for? If Revolution succeeds, it better be thanks to Mario, Zelda and games I like rather than brain training, non-games and such.

not this again

Jonnyram

I think he means "not this again" because you're speaking the same BS as Tabris was back on the 2nd or 3rd page. These non-games are not affecting the sales of the games you mention in a negative way. Mario Kart DS sold better than the other Mario Kart games because the DS is selling at a faster pace, thanks to the commotion Brain games and Animal Crossing has caused.

ioi

Banned
MrSardonic said:
That would be madness and Nintendomination...but I just don't see the BTrainings doing those sales (and AC I'd imagine closer to 3.5m). You're looking at the BT total sales more than doubling (and the series hitting 10m+ sales in Japan alone), and unless these games have the longest legs in history or hit enormous Dec 2006 - Jan 2007 sales, I just can't see that happening.

Well you can bookmark this thread if you want, but when I said AC would do 3m people laughed to start with but I think basically 3.5m is a cert now, high 3m is probably a safe guess, 4m++ about a 50/50 chance.

I'm calling it here guys- by December 31st 2006:

Animal Crossing- 3.6m
Brain Training 2- 3.1m
Brain Training- 2.9m
Mario Kart DS- 1.7m
English Training- 1.6m
Nintendogs- 1.5m
Brain Flex- 1.5m
Tamogotchi- 1.3m
Wario Ware- 1.2m
Super Mario 64 DS- 1.1m

DS Hardware- 11.1m

Tetris DS- 1.3m
New Super Mario Bros- 1.9m
Pokemon D/P (assuming Nov launch)- 3.8m

**puts the popcorn in the microwave for 9 months time** :D

Deku

Banned
DS performance on the second half will depend on the new games coming out for it as well. E3 will be instructive of what the software picture will look like and I assume there will be announcements made between now and the summer to line up the ducks for the Easter Christmas season.

And considering Nintendo can pull a Tetris DS game out of nowhere and release it a few months later, it will be interesting to see if they can keep doing this for some of their lower budget titles.

Jonnyram said:
I think he means "not this again" because you're speaking the same BS as Tabris was back on the 2nd or 3rd page. These non-games are not affecting the sales of the games you mention in a negative way. Mario Kart DS sold better than the other Mario Kart games because the DS is selling at a faster pace, thanks to the commotion Brain games and Animal Crossing has caused.
Oh, ok (didn't read the other discussion).

I just was trying to say that Nintendo has found a new, big market...and I don't want to lose mine. And I'm afraid I could lose it with such a successful new market (well not really, but seeing it getting smaller each day isnt that unlikely, the market was shrinking in japan anyway).

As long as traditional games keep selling good, I've no problem with other type of games. But hey, don't drop support either, I want my good quantities of good quality traditional games :)

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
ioi said:
Well you can bookmark this thread if you want, but when I said AC would do 3m people laughed to start with but I think basically 3.5m is a cert now, high 3m is probably a safe guess, 4m++ about a 50/50 chance.

I'm calling it here guys- by December 31st 2006:

Animal Crossing- 3.6m
Brain Training 2- 3.1m
Brain Training- 2.9m
Mario Kart DS- 1.7m
English Training- 1.6m
Nintendogs- 1.5m
Brain Flex- 1.5m
Tamogotchi- 1.3m
Wario Ware- 1.2m
Super Mario 64 DS- 1.1m

DS Hardware- 11.1m

Tetris DS- 1.3m
New Super Mario Bros- 1.9m
Pokemon D/P (assuming Nov launch)- 3.8m

**puts the popcorn in the microwave for 9 months time** :D
I think DS hardware sales will be at least 1m more than that by the end of the year.
8.5m LTD by the end of May, at least 1.5m during next 5 months (June-October), and at least 2m during November and December.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

I just was trying to say that Nintendo has found a new, big market...and I don't want to lose mine. And I'm afraid I could lose it with such a successful new market (well not really, but seeing it getting smaller each day isnt that unlikely, the market was shrinking in japan anyway).

As long as traditional games keep selling good, I've no problem with other type of games. But hey, don't drop support either, I want my good quantities of good quality traditional games :)
You won't. Stop worrying.

Deku

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

What new big market? They have a handful of new franchises thats (apparently) making them a lot of money and driving hardware sales.

Animal Crossing isn't even part of that, they've had that game for quite some time and it was always thought to be Nintendo's take on Will Wright's The Sims.

The Game Boy was actually extremely popular with adults back in the day when Tetris was a pack-in and before the base was diluted with the kids from the Pokemon generation. Nintendo is simply doing a better job of marketing to, and keeping their adult /professional audience by not having just 1 game that generates 1 hardware and 1 software sale but to create repeat customers out of them.

I suppose it's a new big market. To me, it's an old market that they squandered and ignored for a long time.

Cheebs

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

What is wrong with you? Animal Crossing has been around since N64. It is a FRANCHISE it has always been popular it is just more so now. I find the series fantastic and rank it among the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Pokemon games now as one of Nintendo's top franchises. And by looking at the sales I know I am not the only one.

MrSardonic

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Your precious games didn't "lose" to Brain Training, they were going to lose anyway whether or not BT existed. And MarioKart sold very well...it's just that Brain Training et al have sold an phenomenal amounts and been bought by new demographics. Have you played the Brain Training games?

It's a case of present formulas becoming increasingly boring to the consumer. I know that's how I feel about a lot of games, and Brain Training is just one very early approach to providing novel experiences. Nintendogs was another. You don't have to have enjoyed those games (I didn't get sucked into Nintendogs), but the principle behind their creation is valid imo, and it is only a matter of time before other developers and Nintendo's teams themselves find other (different) winning formulas that take their cue from providing new experiences that exploit the novel DS and Revolution interfaces.

I don't really think we'll see the death of successful traditional genres, and I guess Nintendo hopes Revolution in particular will be a way to revitalise some of those. But if developers can make small, highly successful games with small teams, small costs, short development time...then would it not give them the kind of breathing room needed to explore more "risky" ventures and games without the risk of going under if it fails?

Deku

Banned
It's a case of present formulas becoming increasingly boring to the consumer. I know that's how I feel about a lot of games, and Brain Training is just one very early approach to providing novel experiences. Nintendogs was another.

Funny you brought this up.

Last summer, there was a widely watched TV adaptation called Densha Otoko (i believe this was mentioned on OT GAF) and the program's lead hopeless nerd was shown playing PSP and had Resident Evil 4 posters plastered in his room. I don't need to say anymore but that pretty much sums up how the mainstream in Japan views gamers. They're nerdy, fugly and troll the shops of Aki for the latest anime porn and games. Being a gamer is more accepted and more common in Japanese society but that doesn't mean gamers are not still considered nerdy (or weird) or both, or in the minority,

It's not just a question of the old formulas getting stale. Because they are not to the hardcore. And if I were to say Final Fantasy (the single player versions) is getting stale, half the forum would erupt in uproar, even though it is and I get more enjoyment out of FFXI not the recently released XII. The problem of the industry in Japan is that it was far more developed (demographically) and the nerds had taken over, and it was killing the industry because although games remained popular with kids, many of the older gamers who were not hardcore simply stopped playing games after the 6th iteration on the 3th platform of Dynastry Warriors was released.

It's counterintuative, but the so-called non-games people keep crowing about have actually raised the profile of gaming, at least int he short term and if the trend holds, it will be helping the industry quite a bit which is good for everyone, nerds and non-nerds alike.

jarrod

Banned
Jonnyram said:

It also outsold Gran Turismo 4... nice to see Mario reclaim the top racing spot in Japan. :)

MrSardonic

Deku said:
Funny you brought this up.

Last summer, there was a widely watched TV adaptation called Densha Otoko (i believe this was mentioned on OT GAF) and the program's lead hopeless nerd was shown playing PSP and had Resident Evil 4 posters plastered in his room. I don't need to say anymore but that pretty much sums up how the mainstream in Japan views gamers. They're nerdy, fugly and troll the shops of Aki for the latest anime porn and games. Being a gamer is more accepted and more common in Japanese society but that doesn't mean gamers are not still considered nerdy (or weird) or both, or in the minority,

It's not just a question of the old formulas getting stale. Because they are not to the hardcore. And if I were to say Final Fantasy (the single player versions) is getting stale, half the forum would erupt in uproar, even though it is and I get more enjoyment out of FFXI not the recently released XII. The problem of the industry in Japan is that it was far more developed (demographically) and the nerds had taken over, and it was killing the industry because although games remained popular with kids, many of the older gamers who were not hardcore simply stopped playing games after the 6th iteration on the 3th platform of Dynastry Warriors was released.

It's counterintuative, but the so-called non-games people keep crowing about have actually raised the profile of gaming, at least int he short term and if the trend holds, it will be helping the industry quite a bit in repealing the image of nerdiness.

interesting and it makes sense. I guess that is an issue Nintendo has been hoping DSL and Revolution will address - it won't be embarrassing to own this stuff!

ioi

Banned
jarrod said:
It also outsold Gran Turismo 4... nice to see Mario reclaim the top racing spot in Japan. :)

It hasn't stopped yet either. Will probably end up selling close to 2m before it has finished, whereas the last two MK games didn't crack 1m. This will partly be down to the strength of the game, but the general wave of success that the DS is riding will definitely have helped.

You just have to compare to Super Circuit to see the difference:

http://everythingandnothing.org.uk/vg/japcomp.php?name1=Mario+Kart+DS&name2=Mario+Kart%3A+Super+Circuit

Acrylamid

Xbox 360 LTD - 103990

If it sells the same amount in every upcoming week that it sold this week, it will break 150,000 units (initial shipment) in 15 weeks.

gcx0613.png

gcxs0613.png

dsr0613.png

nsm0613.png

Top Bottom