• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulous resigns from Breitbart over pedophilia comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
"Guys, free speech guys. Why is Breitbart CENSORING him? Just don't feed the troll guys."

Heh

Yes. I for one would like to thank Breitbart News for their part in getting Milo ejected from respectable society. If they hadn't given him a national platform he would never have gotten the exposure that was required in order for him to lose said platform.

This needs to be added to the OP, IMO.

III-V

Yes. I for one would like to thank Breitbart News for their part in getting Milo ejected from respectable society. If they hadn't given him a national platform he would never have gotten the exposure that was required in order for him to lose said platform.

Guys, we gotta give credit where credit is due, we should thank Breitbart News!

am I doing this right?

I'd like to just point out that in a thread about a known bigot, who has assaulted just about every minority community out there, getting some level of comeuppance you are basically responding with meh I'm much more interested in talking about how minority issues are detrimental to the Democrats election success...

Please consider that

Point taken. I'll take my discussion to PoliGAF.

ryseing

It's his show and if something that ridiculous is said he should have his producers fact check in the background and then call Milo out on his bullshit, not just shrug along.

Overtime is a very short segment. Not defending Bill here- every interaction he had with Milo was absolutely disgraceful, including comparing him to a young Christopher Hitchens (!)- but in order to keep the segment going it's understandable that he couldn't just stop the show for a fact check.

I would like to see him address this in his monologue Friday. It would go a long way to earning the credibility he lost with me and others with the way he refused to go after Milo.

Steejee

So basically he pushed his money making shtick to far and it backfired. Takes some serious effort to get fired from Breitbart.

I've only watched bits and pieces of Bill Maher, and I've never found him particularly engaging, and what little I saw of the Milo interview didn't exactly change that perspective.

Lo-Volt

There are people legit saying this on the breitbart Facebook page

Oooh, really? Good. I hope the members of this cruel "movement" devour themselves and destroy their own idols. They fell for a group of men who spouted abhorrent and blatant lies to divide people from their own neighbors. Their souls can burn slow.

Milo was not actually announced or even invited to be the CPAC keynote speaker until SATURDAY morning the 18th of feb, the night after his Maher panel. While we don't really know the details, its entirely possible his invitation was based off the buzz he was getting from the Maher panel he did the night before.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...nservative-political-action-conference-977591

So yeah, I don't think its simple as saying Maher had NOTHING to do with all the subsequent fallout from his pro pedo views.

Oersted

Overtime is a very short segment. Not defending Bill here- every interaction he had with Milo was absolutely disgraceful, including comparing him to a young Christopher Hitchens (!)- but in order to keep the segment going it's understandable that he couldn't just stop the show for a fact check.

I would like to see him address this in his monologue Friday. It would go a long way to earning the credibility he lost with me and others with the way he refused to go after Milo.

He had some?

Toxi

Banned
Milo was not actually announced or even invited to be the CPAC keynote speaker until SATURDAY morning the 18th of feb, the night after his Maher panel. While we don't really know the details, its entirely possible his invitation was based off the buzz he was getting from the Maher panel he did the night before.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...nservative-political-action-conference-977591

So yeah, I don't think its simple as saying Maher had NOTHING to do with it.
I don't think CPAC decided to have him as a keynote speaker less than 12 hours before they made their announcement.

giphy.gif

This entire debacle has just been incredible and SO sweetly satisfyinh to watch.

Not only has this example of human garbage been annihilated, racist apologists like Maher, alt-right Cons like CPAC leadership and Twitter trolls/ Trump supporters may forever take their trash hate speech = free speech argument and shove it right back up where it belongs.

Ohhhhh it's been a wonderful day.

So yeah, I don't think its simple as saying Maher had NOTHING to do with it.

You think a negotiation like that happens in less than 24 hours?

ryseing

He had some?

His New Rules segments are consistently great, including the one he did Friday. I have issues with the way he discusses religion, but Maher was a voice of sanity for me all last year. So yes, he did have some credibility with me at least before that appalling display Friday.

Toxi

Banned
The funny thing is the protest at Berkeley is likely what got Milo that speaking gig, just like it got Maher to eat Milo's shit on his show.

Ok I am not going to go down the rabbit hole to find out:

How much of Twitter, facebook comments, etc are all about the snowflakes on the left censoring people, etc. I went down the hole this morning and that is all I saw so want to see if any of it has changed.

Like most people, Bill wasn't ready for maximum stupidity. To be able to know the facts to a statement completely out of left field requires meaningful knowledge of the subject being brought up.

This is the same issue that well-informed people like Hillary Clinton ran into debating Trump; some statement would be so ridiculous and outlandish that time didn't even allow for the statement to be properly internalized and processed before having to reply in a meaningful way. So lots of issues that she could have brought up in reply to some of his commentaries were missed.

You guys don't understand how hard it is to argue with full-on ignorance unless you've done it first hand, with time limits. When there's no internet available to pull some shit off a Google search.
He didn't just let bullshit slide. He agreed with said bullshit as not being unreasonable. Called him the next Christopher Hitchens. Called trans people weirdos and sarcastically noted that misgendering is offensive. And decided it was okay to use a slur for gay people.

That sure helped to bring about this situation. Oh wait no it didn't.

RedHill

Banned
Ok I am not going to go down the rabbit hole to find out:

How much of Twitter, facebook comments, etc are all about the snowflakes on the left censoring people, etc. I went down the hole this morning and that is all I saw so want to see if any of it has changed.
There's a lot. Like thousands.

Kthulhu

To think. Less than a week ago he was high as a kite getting a spot on Real Time. Now, he's making the Hindenburg look like a fender bender.

Jombie

I watched his press conference or whatever it was. I'm glad he took the time to remind us of how awesome and funny he is. Funny that he keeps rattling on about America's free speech problem when the white house would do anything to limit it.

Since this is the most recent Yiannopoulos thread, I'll post this article here. Interesting read.

On the Milo Bus With the Lost Boys of America's New Right

Just starting to read this, I feel like I need to send this to my younger (18) brother who I fear has become an alt-righter.

The funny thing was I was considering posting a thread a week or so ago asking advice from GAF on ammo to prove that Milo is an asshole and how to convince my brother. Thanks Milo.

PKrockin

So Breitbart finally proves to the world they don't care about Nazi Dickhead's "free speech"--they, like anyone, will fire him for saying something disagreeable. It's just that they didn't find his previous comments such as "women are inferior to men" or actions like harassment campaigns to be disagreeable.

Alucrid

Banned
Since this is the most recent Yiannopoulos thread, I'll post this article here. Interesting read.

On the Milo Bus With the Lost Boys of America's New Right

The one grown man on the bus started yelling at them to go the hell to sleep — ”there's a girl back there!"—and they yelled back that they'd let me sleep if I let them ”suck my titties."

it's so on the nose

”I always tell my friends who aren't happy with Trump the birds are gonna chirp tomorrow, the sun's gonna rise, the air's gonna be full of oxygen ... whatever,"

sun's gonna rise tomorrow huh? sounds familiar

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
My coworker who is a big Maher fan was like "Oh yeah, that Milo guy was a dick, but honestly he didn't seem that bad."

RocBase

The original story (not the play) is very dark. And it was supposed to be darker: Pan was originally the villain who kidnapped children.

Huh, imagine that! Might have to read this at some point.

It's really quite hysterical how far stories have transformed from their source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom