• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Binding of Isaac Rebirth GIFs show off dynamic laser weapon combos.

Spoon bender + Tech2
eC7oVN1.gif

Brimstone (no demon visual yet) + Spoon bender
1QPbDbu.gif

http://bindingofisaac.com/

Looking pretty fucking awesome.

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/79945027194/the-1st-rebirth-item-visual-tease

The 1st Rebirth Item visual tease!
Awhile back i teased an item called Tiny Planet, an asteroid lodged in isaac’s head that would make his tears revolve around his body.
here is what that looked like in my design doc.
tumblr_inline_n2m53gZopH1rq0wgw.jpg

it has since been tweaked some, but currently works something like this.
MCLG7VR.gif

Tiny Planet raises range very high, adds spectral tear effects (tears pass through objects) and changes how your tears move, but why does it matter? if its not OP then why care?
items like tiny planet are important in isaac because they change how you play. the best items in games are those that force the player to play differently while still giving them a slight advantage if used correctly.
with tiny planet your tears become a force field of chaos, and you now play the game completely different… and with different gameplay come some very different combos!… example:
wFQR0vS.gif

with a bit of tweaking items that can appear to hinder you can actually become very fun and at times extremely powerful if explored.
ill leave you with a gif from last week that is a 2 item combo (one of the items is obviously new) that can generate an obscene number of attack spiders! …. it and many other item combo exploits will stay in (some slightly tweaked) so get ready to find 1000 more ways to break the game!
6UpPh6O.gif

we have such sights to show you…
oh btw… what item combo do you most want to see in gif form? maybe if you are lucky ill post it later this week!!

Ipecac + Tiny Planet
7wbFcvo.gif

It's gonna be great.

Hard to tell if it's still 4-way or if it's more 8-way/360 aiming with the r stick now. Been wondering if it'll play like xpadder mapping on the original, or if it'll feel more like it has native controller support. Looks to be the former.

Duxxy3

Is it crazy that this is one my most anticipated titles of the year for me? A free (PS+) game remade to look a 16bit game.

Big-E

With Patrick playing Isaac on Giantbomb, I have been itching to get back to playing it but the framerate issues were fucking too much for me. Can't wait for this as the framerate problems should go away with this version.

Those animations, that artstyle, that framerate

ijTUTbFngLY2.gif

I'll admit I was kinda apprehensive going off of the few styles Edmund polled the fans about a while back... He always told the fans not to worry, that the game was much more his baby than ours and that he'd never do anything that would take away from it.

I'm convinced he was right. B)

Grief.exe

I'll admit I was kinda apprehensive going off of the few styles Edmund polled the fans about a while back... He always told the fans not to worry, that the game was much more his baby than ours and that he'd never do anything that would take away from it.

I'm convinced he was right. B)

I felt the same way about those original renders he put up on his blog, there was something off about those. These look amazing to me.

red731

That looks really great! Best 1eur I've ever spent on game - time played stomps AAA titles to ground.
Can not wait for this!

CassSept

It's... it's beautiful. In motion it looks much much better than I expected.

That looks really great! Best 1eur I've ever spent on game - time played stomps AAA titles to ground.
Can not wait for this!

I paid 1.74€ for it. I got 174 hours of gameplay out of it.

I'd call that a pretty good deal.

Piccoro

Very excited for this.
But the only thing that's bugging me is that the game will have a new soundtrack? That right there is a crime if true, Danny Baranowsky is irreplaceable...

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I already miss the old art. I typically love 16-bit stuff (particularly Paul Robertson), but this just looks boring to me.

I'm still looking forward to it and plan on picking it up day one, but I'm a bit less excited.

The art style genuinely looks a lot better than the original. And I need this game like now. All signs point to a Q3 release at the earliest. Le sigh. Portable BoI and Minecraft will be bliss.

Foaloal

This is in my top 3 most anticipated games, along with The Witness and Dark Souls 2.

I'm still playing the original BoI weekly and enjoying it. With all the improvements this version is bringing I'll probably be playing it for several more years to come.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really dislike the graphical changes, but I'll be damned if that isn't really cool.

Top Bottom