• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Binding of Isaac Rebirth GIFs show off dynamic laser weapon combos.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
One of my all time favourite little games this. I cannot wait for the remake. It will be immediately bought. I've been holding off going back to the original so I can enjoy this all over again.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
God, I can't wait to participate in daily runs with the rest of GAF. I'm much better at BoI than I am at Spelunky

jgminto

Awesome, one of the few problems with the original is that unique style tears couldn't really be modified much. I wanna see what you can do with Mom's Knife now.

Nillansan

Bring it.

iba4LglOSAlvmK.PNG

GIVE IT TO ME IN MY BLOOD

God, this is how you get more money from me as a consumer. I bought Isaac on a sale for 3 something with Wrath of the Lamb. I have put more time into that game than almost any other and will not be waiting on a sale to get the remake but will instead be buying it once on Steam and once on Vita.

Because it has earned it.

Probably MUCH closer to release. The code is 100-percent C++ running on our own engine, which does 60fps on everything--including 3DS. Isaac should be the same and we're adding a lot of effects that would be impossible with AS, if we wanted to maintain 60fps

I'd love to see a full playthrough. Art style is so much better than before. Plus getting away from flash should drastically increase stability.

KarmaCow

Probably MUCH closer to release. The code is 100-percent C++ running on our own engine, which does 60fps on everything--including 3DS. Isaac should be the same and we're adding a lot of effects that would be impossible with AS, if we wanted to maintain 60fps

Wait, this is getting a 3DS release or do your mean games using your engine gets 60fps on 3DS?

Akai__

Man really hope this gets on the 3DS even if the release for it is later then the others.

I hope that aswell. Here is what Edmund said in his FAQ however:

Edmund's FAQ said:
Q:Why no Nintendo!!!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!
A: we want to release on 3ds, and will if given the option. isaac currently goes against Nintendos publishing rules due to its religious aspects.. but stuff might change, you never know.

Here is the link to the FAQ, if people are interested. It's pretty interesting.

Miletius

Looking great. Issac is one of those games I can't get enough of -- there was a point where I was watching Issac racing on Twitch in addition to playing it. I'd love it if they added official support for that, by the way :).

I hope so, too. I haven't stopped trying and won't.
Nice. Keep the hope strong.

Have you guys tossed around any ideas for StreetPass if it happens?

Something like the Shadow Link battles would been neat, where you get to battle another player's Isaac build. Or maybe you could meet another player's data in the basement and they can offer an item or something.

marrec

Banned
Looking great. Issac is one of those games I can't get enough of -- there was a point where I was watching Issac racing on Twitch in addition to playing it. I'd love it if they added official support for that, by the way :).
Crumps does a plenty fine job on the races, I don't think they need to put any time into official support. Daily Runs are enough for me.

This is easily one of my most anticipated games of this year.
I was initially taken off guard by Issac going the 16-bit route, but seeing gifs like this make it hard to argue.

Can't wait to try co-op!

Izcarielo

Banned
I sunk almost 100 hours on the original game on Steam, and im eagerly awaiting for this remake, but afaik this game should have been released last year and its taking an awful long time getting developed by the company they outsourced it to.

Miletius

Crumps does a plenty fine job on the races, I don't think they need to put any time into official support. Daily Runs are enough for me.

I agree, mostly, but I'd love a pick up and race mode where you can challenge another person to a race pick up style or they can do automated matchmaking for you. Of course, that may be too complex for what they are going for here, but a man can dream.

Haunted

There were so many skills and abilities that overrode each other instead of comboing in the original due to the limitations of Flash. I'm glad they're making sure that more combos work in the new engine.

Novocaine

These gifs gave me a boner. I need this game.

At first I was a little unhappy that the art style was getting changed but I'm turning around on it now, it's looking really good.

Bring it.

iba4LglOSAlvmK.PNG

Right with you man, the no damage in the womb was such a bastard to get.

I am looking forward to more Issac, although the last one annoyed me. 500 hours and 1 achievemts on steam to get and knew exactly what I needed to do
Defeat ??? with Samson
, problem was the game would run in to single digit FPS and was unplayable.
The PC was an I5-4430 with 8 gbs of RAM and a good amd graphics card. Don't know what happened. Still bitter to this day as I can find no help regarding what to do to improve the performance.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I am looking forward to more Issac, although the last one annoyed me. 500 hours and 1 achievemts on steam to get and knew exactly what I needed to do
Defeat ??? with Samson
, problem was the game would run in to single digit FPS and was unplayable.
The PC was an I5-4430 with 8 gbs of RAM and a good amd graphics card. Don't know what happened. Still bitter to this day as I can find no help regarding what to do to improve the performance.

I had a laptop with far worse specs than that and could run BoI perfectly well, so I don't think it's anything to do with performance. It's Flash not being built for the sort of thing that the game was doing. Too much stuff packed in there and it would just run crappily. I think it's a bit of a crapshoot really. Annoying as the game's great. Still, a remake in the new engine means we won't get these problems again, which is a huge plus.

Top Bottom