• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Binding of Isaac Rebirth GIFs show off dynamic laser weapon combos.

marrec

Banned
I swear to god that i read somewhere this was supposed to come out last year.
What could have happened with the delays?

Edmund probably realized he could use this opportunity to add in a hundred new items and shit and so is having fun doing that.

The more I want to play this on the 3DS =|

Did you guys saw the samples they tweeted ?

ulTZU6i.png

Scan this with your 3DS (L+R and then QR code button) and see the magic
Am I going crazy or did they put Isaac's head in the middle of the QR code?

see5harp

Edmund probably realized he could use this opportunity to add in a hundred new items and shit and so is having fun doing that.

He's also working on his cat game, which I'm more interested in (seeing as I already have hundreds of hours into BoI).

CassSept

I swear to god that i read somewhere this was supposed to come out last year.
What could have happened with the delays?

Yeah you're not crazy, the game was originally scheduled for 2013.

Everybody instantly expected it to slip into 2014 at earliest after it was announced Nicalis was developing it, they're apparently well known for not being the nimblest developer around.

You don't see it? I think they must have done it on purpose.
Let me make it more obvious.
I noticed it, just wanted to joke with Palette Swap, since he wasn't sure if it is really there. But it seems I failed. Oh well :(

On topic - I'm not really sure I dig this new pixelated look, but it'll probably grow on me with time.

In general I much preferred the old composer. Admittedly I usally play BoI without sound because I always hear podacsts or watch videos on the side, but still, I don't like the music so far.

see5harp

In general I much preferred the old composer. Admittedly I usally play BoI without sound because I always hear podacsts or watch videos on the side, but still, I don't like the music so far.

I don't listen to music in most of these games. Too repetitive most of the time. Risk of Rain, Spelunky, and BoI all had whatever I wanted to listen to as their soundtracks.

I hope this means there's hope for a 3ds version.
They want it to be on 3DS and the NoA staff working with indie developers want it on 3DS, there's just some unfortunate corporate red tape to cut through. Given the constant hints they've been throwing around about it being on 3DS (including this QR code) I think they're getting there, but probably aren't allowed to talk about it until it's 100% a thing.

baconcow

Not able to find an up-to-date topic. Any updates on Vita release date? Not looking for a specific date, but a ballpark or rumored period (i.e. Q1 2015). Last I read was early 2014.

It's crazy how just changing the engine alone effects so much of the gameplay.

Gameplay is the same, but we're upgrading the items, weapons, enemies and stacks. Going from AS2 to native C++ gives us a lot more freedom to do whatever we need to get the game running how we need and looking how we want.

Stet

Banned
Gameplay is the same, but we're upgrading the items, weapons, enemies and stacks. Going from AS2 to native C++ gives us a lot more freedom to do whatever we need to get the game running how we need and looking how we want.

I think he means just that it won't be slow as heck. Looking forward to it, hope you guys pull it off soon!

Bsigg12

It would be cool to see this game make an appearance on the Balls of Steel tournament Cobalt Streak and Dickhammer are hosting next month.

Hey! Good thanks, just tons of positive changes and additions. We're trying to show some of the game, but want to keep a lot of it as a surprise.

Hi Tyrone! How's development going?

Aah, right. We need to keep it 60 at all times.

I think he means just that it won't be slow as heck. Looking forward to it, hope you guys pull it off soon!

The entire soundtrack is being done by Matthias Bossi. I can't imagine anyone else doing the Isaac soundtrack, it's come together like nothing you've heard before. We're putting all the best people on Rebirth.

Are you guys keeping old and new soundtracks in the game?

Novocaine

The entire soundtrack is being done by Matthias Bossi. I can't imagine anyone else doing the Isaac soundtrack, it's come together like nothing you've heard before. We're putting all the best people on Rebirth.

At first I was super worried about the music when I heard DannyB wasn't doing it this time around but the preview tracks so far have been really awesome.

No pressure but you guys are making my most anticipated game of the year.

Some new GIFs were posted by Edmund McMillen. First one showcases a new enemy called "The Nest".

z66FMGv.gif

And the next one demonstrates each ally you receive from the game.

4InmTHz.gif

More over at the game's blog.

Novocaine

Triple Brimstone looks awesome, although kind of useless for the most part seeing as one beam takes out most things.

Still who cares, I just love that it's there.

Top Bottom