• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Binding of Isaac Rebirth GIFs show off dynamic laser weapon combos.

Novocaine

Really? I thought Depths was much much harder. I got it only after no damage in Womb, many more chances of screwing up than in Womb.

I hear a lot of people say that. I got the depths without actually trying to get it so I think I dodged a bullet there.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I am looking forward to more Issac, although the last one annoyed me. 500 hours and 1 achievemts on steam to get and knew exactly what I needed to do
Defeat ??? with Samson
, problem was the game would run in to single digit FPS and was unplayable.
The PC was an I5-4430 with 8 gbs of RAM and a good amd graphics card. Don't know what happened. Still bitter to this day as I can find no help regarding what to do to improve the performance.

That's Flash in a nutshell. Maybe look into it and see that HW acceleration for flash is turned on. I dunno if BoI turns HW acceleration on by default or if it follows the global Flash settings.

It will be just about the perfect time to get back into the game for me.

Well, when one of the best worst running games ever gets the chance to truly shine, it's always a perfect time to jump back in.
I'd be fine if it was just the WotL content, but nope, they're adding much much more. Such hype, much excite.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I hope this is out sooner rather than later, although it looks like it's still in the development stages. I just want to get my hands on it already.

ampere

Wait there's going to be co-op? That is going to rock.

There were so many skills and abilities that overrode each other instead of comboing in the original due to the limitations of Flash. I'm glad they're making sure that more combos work in the new engine.

Yeah, sometimes you'd pick up a sweet powerup and see that you lost your previous weapon. Not all shots are compatible I guess, but it happened a bit too often with flash.

Like I'm not sure the bomb tears are going to work with other shot types.

Evocative of the toothpaste gun from Raiden Fighters

2PGKbQx.png

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/79945027194/the-1st-rebirth-item-visual-tease

The 1st Rebirth Item visual tease!
Awhile back i teased an item called Tiny Planet, an asteroid lodged in isaac’s head that would make his tears revolve around his body.
here is what that looked like in my design doc.
tumblr_inline_n2m53gZopH1rq0wgw.jpg

it has since been tweaked some, but currently works something like this.
MCLG7VR.gif

Tiny Planet raises range very high, adds spectral tear effects (tears pass through objects) and changes how your tears move, but why does it matter? if its not OP then why care?
items like tiny planet are important in isaac because they change how you play. the best items in games are those that force the player to play differently while still giving them a slight advantage if used correctly.
with tiny planet your tears become a force field of chaos, and you now play the game completely different… and with different gameplay come some very different combos!… example:
wFQR0vS.gif

with a bit of tweaking items that can appear to hinder you can actually become very fun and at times extremely powerful if explored.
ill leave you with a gif from last week that is a 2 item combo (one of the items is obviously new) that can generate an obscene number of attack spiders! …. it and many other item combo exploits will stay in (some slightly tweaked) so get ready to find 1000 more ways to break the game!
6UpPh6O.gif

we have such sights to show you…
oh btw… what item combo do you most want to see in gif form? maybe if you are lucky ill post it later this week!!

Akai__

That looks pretty interesting. It will most definetely change the way, people will play.

Did anyone else notice the Metroid alike map? I wonder, if it will show you only the next rooms or the whole floor, like it used to?

Still not a big fan of the new music that's been uploaded thus far, but I'm increasingly more appreciative of the new pixel art style the more I see of it in motion. These demonstrated item combos are great too, and that clump of spiders must indicate that the game will no longer struggle with persistent framerate drops. Not that I expected the devs to lie about that, with the aforementioned being one of their main reasons to get rid of the original's Flash-based foundation.

CassSept

nothing about a pc version update?

What do you mean? Rebirth is coming not only to PS4/PSV but also to PC. The old flash version is never getting updated again because the file size is so huge and the game is so complicated for a flash game that making any tweak to the current code blows the whole thing up.

Hellraider

Vita version of this is gonna be glorious. Just like the updated PC version. And the PS4 one.

This game is glorious everywhere!

-PXG-

It's gonna be interesting seeing cobalt streak tryna break the game

The release of Rebirth will be better than Christmas for him. He probably won't stream a new game for a year. I can't wait for the theory crafting and dudes like him totally tear this game apart.

marrec

Banned
I need this game so bad. BOILR is going to be very interesting to watch when this is finally out.

Rebirth's release is going to finally motivate me to get into some actual BOILR races instead of just scrimmaging with a few racers. I love BoI and play it too much not to compete.

Also, Daily Runs are going to change my life.

CassSept

Rebirth's release is going to finally motivate me to get into some actual BOILR races instead of just scrimmaging with a few racers. I love BoI and play it too much not to compete.

Also, Daily Runs are going to change my life.

Holy what daily runs? I had no idea.

I... I had no idea...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Really don't like the visuals or the music that's been shown off so far, but I'm sure to play the remake for at least a while. New items are too enticing to pass up.

Platy

The more that is shown, the more I dig the new visuals. And lament the fact we won't be playing this until the later half of 2014 :(

The more I want to play this on the 3DS =|

Did you guys saw the samples they tweeted ?

ulTZU6i.png

Scan this with your 3DS (L+R and then QR code button) and see the magic

I will wait until this releases, and I will buy it again. Put it on 3DS and I'll buy it there too. Everyone needs to play this game...I've clocked over 100 hours just fucking around.

Odrion

Banned
The additions are awesome and I'm excited to play a version of Isaac that isn't Flash, but that 8-bit style looks bad.

Top Bottom