• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario 3D World hands-on, gameplay

I'm really looking forward to detailed single player impressions after it comes out. I'm trying not to absorb too much media, but from what I've seen, it could really be a milestone in 3D platforming. Multi I haven't payed much attention to because I don't expect to use it that much.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey... World Map:
rrnNnKp.png

No real info to ascertain from this except that there appear to be 5 worlds at the start.

Notice the swirl of stars on the top right. I think we're going back to the Galaxy in some form, here.

Teknoman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45bSwz5ovQs

Here's direct feed footage of the first castle stage.

Wow...that castle theme is really nice!

Bowser Battle theme fits him perfectly. I miss electric guitars in Mario battles since the 16 bit sounds of Yoshi Island's final boss.

Really like the lighting in Nintendo HD games as of late, and the soundtrack really delivering so far is just icing on the cake. The music in the Eurogamer video showing off the multicherry powerup is just awesome. Mario All stars SNES bonus area vibes.

RagnarokX

New gameplay by the guys at Videogamer.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UKysyDZEI

Showing off the title screen, parts of some of the stages in World 1, and the Charging Cuck and Roulette on the world map.

Slot machine*

Heh, they complain that the game will probably be too easy because they amassed 14 lives by the first boss. Lives aren't an accurate measure of how difficult a game is. The game could be easy, but it could also be very challenging and still give out lives like candy. Just a few levels earlier they were upset because they died in a level and it didn't have a checkpoint.

Teknoman

Anyone else notice a giant 8 bit luigi in the background of the first castle stage? It ran through then then underwater.

mr.beers

Slot machine*

Heh, they complain that the game will probably be too easy because they amassed 14 lives by the first boss. Lives aren't an accurate measure of how difficult a game is. The game could be easy, but it could also be very challenging and still give out lives like candy. Just a few levels earlier they were upset because they died in a level and it didn't have a checkpoint.

I don't see that as an issue I amass so many lives in the first few worlds that by the time I get to the later worlds I tend to use up most of those lives whether it be NSMB series or the galaxy games. Early game is always easy and kick your ass in the later game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm pretty hyped for the game so I'm considering to pick it up on Day 1 but at same time I would like to save it for Christmas Vacation. Temptation!

Looks like GameXplain was right about the bridge not appearing until later. I kind of like the idea of dividing the worlds like that

I'm sorry but I had to ask you since I noticed that some of your posts had mentioned GameXplain or had links to GameXplain videos. So are you affiliated with GameXplain?

All I hope for with this game is that it's:

1. Not too short

2. It has a whole new world with new/remixed levels like Land

Those are the only things that can make it disappoint.

Lunar15

This game's music is so good. I'm loving the variety.

Even though they remixed the castle music from Land, it's an excellent remix. Adds a bunch of flair that the original lacked.

What an amazing game for the holidays. Christmas morning is really going to make me feel like a kid again when I open my zelda edition wii U and this incredible Mario game. I think I am joining the media blackout group, although I feel mostly everything has been spoiled already. Oh well, it'll still be amazing

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Float slide Luigi or stupid fast Toad.

THIS IS A HARD CHOICE.

kiguel182

The level with the shadows looked amazing, it's a very cool theme.

I'm still torn when it comes to the camera, on one hand it's better for pure platforming than the Mario 64 camera but I would also love to have another Mario in that perspective.It will be fun regardless.

I'm more worried about the multiplayer focus, will we be able to finish the game solo?

The level with the shadows looked amazing, it's a very cool theme.

I'm still torn when it comes to the camera, on one hand it's better for pure platforming than the Mario 64 camera but I would also love to have another Mario in that perspective.It will be fun regardless.

I'm more worried about the multiplayer focus, will we be able to finish the game solo?

You can move the camera.

As far as the game being designed for multiplayer, Iwata said it's a solid singleplayer experience as well.

I don't think that will be an issue from the levels I have seen so far.

Top Bottom