• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Times Op Ed: Super Mario Run’s Not-So-Super Gender Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there.

Ask them how comfortable they feel walking with their partner at night holding hands, or even giving the impression of intimacy.

I didn't say it wasn't there mate. Yes, he's quite happy doing that, and his partner is twice his age. Sorry you've had that shit, don't really know where that place is.

Actually, yes. It is. You can't really believe that a few bright havens of progress (or just normalcy, actually) on a planet fully saturated with regressive and aggressive agenda's means that things are cool for minorities? Nah. Not even close with this one.

Of course not, I see that it's much different in england than it is in america though, which is why I was asking.

I want to agree with this thread's basic consensus, but man, GamingSide, you really need to take a look at how "tolerant" you really are.

Actually this came up quite a bit in the discussion about the latest Overwatch comic.

Okay, that wasn't shoehorning either.

It's a character change without any real implications on the plot (other than his partner living on the giant station with their daughter). If it had been introduced as part of the new universe in the first movie that would have been better. But "putting a picture on his desk" is lazy.

Am I misunderstanding shoehorning? :/

Shoehorning is another term for a pandering retcon. Having a photo on his desk of his SO is not a retcon, nor is it pandering. It was tastefully done.

Kazooie

Banned
The guy you're quoting is claiming the Alt-Right aren't racists.
Absolutely ludicrous. Can you actually quote where I said that please?

What I said was that using the term NEO NAZI as an all encompassing term to describe the alt-right was hyperbolic.

People are going in to overdrive here extrapolating all sorts of hidden meaning from my posts.

I didn't bring Trump in to this discussion.

I didn't give an opinion on the alt-right further than to blanket label them all as Neo Nazis is hyperbolic and yet know I'm being labeled an anti semite.

btrboyev

This is why we can't have nice things or why the world is going to shit. Talking about Mario games and gender as a story? Fuck you.

Of course not, I see that it's much different in england than it is in america though, which is why I was asking.

But it's not. You're just more racially homogeneous so in rural or less dense metro areas it seems better.

You're still more likely to experience denigration and degradation if you're a minority. That's the point. Don't just assume that it's "different and better".

That's the point. That's all. Never assume it's better, always check, always look into things like incarceration rates, look at the number of hate crimes, look at ethno-homogeneity and note that just because it might be better in Kent (throwing a random place), in London it's different.

I want to agree with this thread's basic consensus, but man, GamingSide, you really need to take a look at how "tolerant" you really are.

Actually this came up quite a bit in the discussion about the latest Overwatch comic.

Okay, that wasn't shoehorning either.

It's a character change without any real implications on the plot (other than his partner living on the giant station with their daughter). If it had been introduced as part of the new universe in the first movie that would have been better. But "putting a picture on his desk" is lazy.

Am I misunderstanding shoehorning? :/

Shoehorning is another term for a pandering retcon. Having a photo on his desk of his SO is not a retcon, nor is it pandering. It was tastefully done.

Man if I hear that shit one more time.

"Make it good" no, stop. Enough.

"Only if the writing is good" just tell me you don't give a shit about me and mine and lets all be on our way.

You forgot:

"Accurate for the times"

Kazooie

Banned
I don't even want this conversation to escalate any further because no doubt people will be saying my above post proves beyond all doubt that I'm actually a communist maniac who drinks the blood of virgins. It's ridiculous.

I don't even want this conversation to escalate any further because no doubt people will be saying my above post proves beyond all doubt that I'm actually a communist maniac who drinks the blood of virgins. It's ridiculous.

How is the labeling of a movement that rose from people who are active Neo-Nazi's or support from Neo-Nazi's hyperbolic?

Simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom