• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge |OT| - Slightly unf*cked, now for PS3/360

Holy god this game is bad. I did not think it would end up as terrible as everyone said...but it is worse RIP Ninja Gaiden you were an awesome franchise.

I just picked up the Wii U version and my God is it bad.
Soooooooooo much input lag and there's so much slowdown during combat, every mob of enemies is like the stairway section from 2 all over again.
My Wii U hung when I beat the dude in the mask. It's never done that before, I feel like it was objecting.

None of Ryu's movements feel right. I felt like I was in control of a complete badass in the previous games; this Ryu feels drowsy.

How did they make the game this bad?

danmaku

Unfortunately you picked up the worst version of RE. On 360 there's no massive frame rate drop. Ryu is still slower than in previous games, though. If you want a faster character, play with the girls.

Unfortunately you picked up the worst version of RE. On 360 there's no massive frame rate drop. Ryu is still slower than in previous games, though. If you want a faster character, play with the girls.
I've just started day 2 now and it's almost amusing how inept the game is. The framerate doesn't even seem to be near 30 even with no enemies on screen and possibly below 20 when they are. Ryu can somehow flying swallow right through groups of tightly packed enemies without managing to hit a single one of them half the time.
It feels like I'm trying to play some graphically demanding game on an underpowered PC.

So the other versions of this game run at a playable frame rate?

danmaku

30 fps? Damn, I didn't know it was so bad on WiiU. Team Ninja clearly had zero experience on WiiU hardware, or maybe they had super early dev kits. The 360 version runs at a pretty stable 60 fps, there are drops here and there but nothing crazy like the staircase in NG2. Ryu still feels slower and heavier anyway, Ayane and Kasumi are much more fun imho. I don't know what they were trying to do, maybe make him more different from the other characters.

m0t0k1

I've just started day 2 now and it's almost amusing how inept the game is. The framerate doesn't even seem to be near 30 even with no enemies on screen and possibly below 20 when they are. Ryu can somehow flying swallow right through groups of tightly packed enemies without managing to hit a single one of them half the time.
It feels like I'm trying to play some graphically demanding game on an underpowered PC.

So the other versions of this game run at a playable frame rate?

Did you have 30fps on the first day too? Just tried the first day and it was 60fps. Yeah i had some drops to arround 50 when it got hektik. But the same goes for the ps3 demo i played. But never to 20fps in gameplay. I shall try to do the second day in the weekend when i have time to see if it really is 30fps i just got the game on wii u also. Loved the sigma games on ps3 and the demo was alright so decided to try it.

edit: i do forgot to add that the movies are indeed 30fps to make it more clear.

Top Bottom