• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge |OT| - Slightly unf*cked, now for PS3/360

Yeah, he is annoying. Try hitting him in his feet and dash away when he is getting ready to charge. When he flops on the ground, jump over the hazardous smoke and slash him a few times in the head and then run away. If you have the scythe in your possession, you can try to Ultimate Technique him whenever he is getting ready to charge you. It takes a while, but it works fairly decent if you can get the timing down.

Ive beat him in vanilla on hard. Thats not the problem.

Its my brain automatically screams "its still shit!!" the minute the dino does his first flop. All desire to play further dissipates.

Ill do it eventually, if only to unlock chapter challenge.

This is the best helicopter destroying sim I've ever played.

Number 2 reason why I cant stand this game at times. That fucking helicopter boss....

so shit.

They're the worst bosses I faced.

Outside of the regent (who is artificially cheap) This man speaks the truth.

Ken

Do they require not obvious gimmicky stuff to beat?

I never really liked NG bosses but I still want to play Ng3.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain how to beat the spider boss on a difficulty higher than hero? I stopped playing the game back in December cause I started on Normal and couldn't beat this (first!) boss. This week, I came back to it NG, downgraded the difficulty and enjoyed it so much more.

Can someone explain how to beat the spider boss on a difficulty higher than hero? I stopped playing the game back in December cause I started on Normal and couldn't beat this (first!) boss. This week, I came back to it NG, downgraded the difficulty and enjoyed it so much more.

Three things:

1. Audio cue for missile/rocket. Once you hear that, get ready to jump/dodge

2. The boss will spam the shield/aoe attack, usually with the missile. So time you attack and be defensive. There has to be a way to avoid the shield without losing a ground, but I gave up and just jumped back

3. If you can, use the Void ninpo. If you aim it right you can hit up to 3 legs at once, and just need to hit them with the finisher

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Three things:

1. Audio cue for missile/rocket. Once you hear that, get ready to jump/dodge

2. The boss will spam the shield/aoe attack, usually with the missile. So time you attack and be defensive. There has to be a way to avoid the shield without losing a ground, but I gave up and just jumped back

3. If you can, use the Void ninpo. If you aim it right you can hit up to 3 legs at once, and just need to hit them with the finisher

1 and 2: Ok, those I figured out. Still, I die rather quickly due to the freaking shield spamming with the side helping of missiles just to make sure I do lose life. But I guess I just need to improve my gaming ninjitsu. With that being said:

3: ...is bullshit, considering I don't have this Ninpo yet cause you know...it's the first boss. Seriously, this annoys me that I have to play the game on easy just to get abilities so that when I replay the game, I can beat the first boss without dying.

Thank you I don't feel so bad now.

danmaku

There's a really easy way to beat the spider boss: as soon as you cut the first leg, it goes apeshit and spams tons of missiles and electric attacks, so don't cut them. Just destroy the armor and when you see the "core" pass to the next leg. If you do it this way you'll only have to worry about minimal machinegun fire and a missile every now and then. When all the legs are exposed, start cutting them, you'll take it down in no time. I beat it on Master Ninja with minimal health, you should have no problem on normal.

isual

1 and 2: Ok, those I figured out. Still, I die rather quickly due to the freaking shield spamming with the side helping of missiles just to make sure I do lose life. But I guess I just need to improve my gaming ninjitsu. With that being said:

3: ...is bullshit, considering I don't have this Ninpo yet cause you know...it's the first boss. Seriously, this annoys me that I have to play the game on easy just to get abilities so that when I replay the game, I can beat the first boss without dying.

Thank you I don't feel so bad now.

OR, you can just damage the legs until the energy conduits appear, don't hit the quicktime event, and just pop em up in one go to beat him.

Since destroying just one leg initiates the boss's electric attack and increase in missiles, this is much better. especially on higher difficulties

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
There's a really easy way to beat the spider boss: as soon as you cut the first leg, it goes apeshit and spams tons of missiles and electric attacks, so don't cut them. Just destroy the armor and when you see the "core" pass to the next leg. If you do it this way you'll only have to worry about minimal machinegun fire and a missile every now and then. When all the legs are exposed, start cutting them, you'll take it down in no time. I beat it on Master Ninja with minimal health, you should have no problem on normal.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks

kinda burned out after finishing the game with all the girls. MN can wait i guess.

is the online dead? i could barely see anyone playing last time i looked for open rooms.

Ken

Picked this up yesterday against better judgment. Having fun so far...

I wish they made those Gamestop costumes available to everyone though.

bidguy

Banned
ok i finally give up. ultimate ninja is a fucking unbalanced mess. it was a breeze up until day 3 checkpoint 4 i think. after jumping off that truck.

there are 10 alchemists, tons of lesser enemies, rocket launchers and on top of that 3 (or 5 ?) green van gelfs. not even a checkpoint inbetween. fuck this shit.

fi1ip

ok i finally give up. ultimate ninja is a fucking unbalanced mess. it was a breeze up until day 3 checkpoint 4 i think. after jumping off that truck.

there are 10 alchemists, tons of lesser enemies, rocket launchers and on top of that 3 (or 5 ?) green van gelfs. not even a checkpoint inbetween. fuck this shit.

Just keep trying. That is probably the hardest part of the ultimate ninja, not counting the last boss fight for which you need one or two health upgrades if you want to keep your sanity.

I cleared that part with Claws UTs on alchemist and Kusari-gama UTs on everybody else. You'll build up at least one Nimpo charge during alchemist fight so use it as soon as you see van gelfs. Also make sure that you have a decent amount of health before the fight. The whole thing is not actually that hard, it's just that no checkpoint in between fights makes it very frustrating. I died a couple of times after van gelfs. Keep that in mind, still no checkpoint there, you have to fight a couple of lesser enemies again before there is that stupid scene with Ryu running towards the camera.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This is the best helicopter destroying sim I've ever played.

That's saying a lot dude because Shinobi for the PS2 had a pretty memorable helicopter destroying sim section.

Ninjas and helicopters have a well documented history together.

thumb

Banned
I cannot believe how infuriating these bosses are on Normal difficulty. And I'm a veteran of past Ninja Gaiden games. Absurdly annoying and not fun. Were they this crappy in the non-RE version?

synce

I cannot believe how infuriating these bosses are on Normal difficulty. And I'm a veteran of past Ninja Gaiden games. Absurdly annoying and not fun. Were they this crappy in the non-RE version?

I agree a few bosses are terribly designed (T-rex, one of the jets, and final boss come to mind) but other than those common sense tends to prevail. This was my experience on hard mode anyway, I don't know about normal. I only played vanilla on easy but that game was a bore all the way through - normal wasn't tougher, it just made the battles drag longer.

MechaX

While I have been playing through Rising on Revengeance, I have just been in the mood for more action games.

Between replaying Bayonetta, picking up DMC HD Collection, or getting this, I... I have a bit of a morbid curiosity for Razor's Edge. And I've seen most of the bullshit in the game (like the horrendous boss battles). For the weapons that they did add to the game, are they essentially retreads of their NG2/Sigma 2 incarnations (if they even added all of the weapons at all; I want my tonfas)?

Even though buying this would be a horrendous misuse of money, I still feel like I need to really experience the downfall of this series, especially after spending so many hours with NG, NGB, NG2, and Sigma 2.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
While I have been playing through Rising on Revengeance, I have just been in the mood for more action games.

Between replaying Bayonetta, picking up DMC HD Collection, or getting this, I... I have a bit of a morbid curiosity for Razor's Edge. And I've seen most of the bullshit in the game (like the horrendous boss battles). For the weapons that they did add to the game, are they essentially retreads of their NG2/Sigma 2 incarnations (if they even added all of the weapons at all; I want my tonfas)?

Even though buying this would be a horrendous misuse of money, I still feel like I need to really experience the downfall of this series, especially after spending so many hours with NG, NGB, NG2, and Sigma 2.

Pick up the DMC HD Collection.

This game is okay. It stll has time to drop in price so there's really no rush.

goldenpp72

I'm playing through this on master.. Can you steel on bone the alchemist or not? I see the red shit prompt all the time but they never seem to get it.

danmaku

I'm playing through this on master.. Can you steel on bone the alchemist or not? I see the red shit prompt all the time but they never seem to get it.

No, you can't, unless you start the chain on some other enemy (like a soldier) and happen to catch one of them in the following SoB. I wonder why they put the red effect on their throw, it's just confusing.

I played the original game a few chapters and as i bought it yesterday started playing this again. I picked up the normal diffuculty as the normal version of the game was even too easy on that. Stuck at the first boss, died 5-6 times. Then changed the difficulty to hero and killed it quickly. WTF?

JarshR

Neo Member
I noticed you can upgrade your skills whenever you want in the PS3 version. The Wii U version only lets you do it when you're not in a battle. The pause screen in the PS3 version also lets you know which day it is and what difficulty you're on; this is absent in the Wii U version. I don't think you can access the "Nightmare Realized" costume in the Wii U version, unfortunately. Another thing is that Ninja Cinema was added to the PS3 version, although I haven't used it yet.

You also don't need an online pass for the Wii U version. Any other differences anyone's noticed?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I never played the original NG3 but I picked this one up a few days ago and I've really been enjoying it. Any word on if the pre-order dlc costumes will hit psn and when?

SHAZOOM

No, you can't, unless you start the chain on some other enemy (like a soldier) and happen to catch one of them in the following SoB. I wonder why they put the red effect on their throw, it's just confusing.

You can SOB alchemist if you chop of a arm. They usually go for a SOB-able grab that's easy to telegraph immediately after losing a limb.

danmaku

You can SOB alchemist if you chop of a arm. They usually go for a SOB-able grab that's easy to telegraph immediately after losing a limb.

Correct, but in this situation you can also go for a standard OT and kill them (like any other enemy). The confusing part is that even when they're at full health they do those red throws, but SoB doesn't work.

SHAZOOM

Correct, but in this situation you can also go for a standard OT and kill them (like any other enemy). The confusing part is that even when they're at full health they do those red throws, but SoB doesn't work.

True, though having a SOB combo starter just in case you need to regain bar always helps.

Am I crazy or does the Lunar have no SOB option?

danmaku

Yes, the Lunar can't SoB, probably because it's not a blade. It's a pretty big nerf compared to the other weapons, but it's still great for crowd control and builds a ton of meter for ninpos.

it's a balanced weapon. you can build that ninpo lightning fast and the weapon is pretty great even without that feature. i keep going back to it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh @ the costume unlock requirements of completing 50 trials with different characters after I've been playing exclusively with unknown ninja.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got all the costumes except for the pre-order ones and the ryu costume for having a vanilla ng3 save file. Now to get my unknown ninja from lv 26 to lv 50 ;_;

RangerBAD

So, this has been in my backlog and I'm finally getting around to it. Even though I shouldn't I want to get all the trophies for this. Only problem is doing the multiplayer trophies will be pretty tough without help since the multiplayer scene is pretty dead. If anyone is interested PM me or add me on PSN. PSN is RangerBAD. :p

Mesharey

Finally got all the costumes except for the pre-order ones and the ryu costume for having a vanilla ng3 save file. Now to get my unknown ninja from lv 26 to lv 50 ;_;
Do you have a list of the costumes?

Pre-order DLC costumes are available now.

RangerBAD

Is there any helpful way to grind in this game? Getting tired of Acolyte 3. I really wish the skill trophy hadn't included the Unknown Ninja.

ShinAmano

Holy god this game is bad. I did not think it would end up as terrible as everyone said...but it is worse RIP Ninja Gaiden you were an awesome franchise.

isual

played through chapter select with all 3 girls

no achievement popped up after ayane (who was the last one) on day 8. played chapter 1 and 8 again as ayane, but no ach popped up again....

did this happen to anyone else as well ?

hmmm.

Chairhome

Picked this game up from a recent Best Buy sale. Played for the first time last night, wasn't bad... until the first boss. That was really irritating. Finally beat the boss (on Normal), gonna try more this week. Why does Hayabusa feel so slow during combat? I mean in terms of him traveling from enemy to enemy when surrounded? Hoping there are some abilities/weapons that solve that problem.

Pretty fun so far though, but that boss gave me a bad impression...

ShinMaruku

Best part of this game is the chapter challenge which makes you skip some of the terrible bosses, the battle system is good until some of the bosses change the rules and break the system.

Top Bottom