• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For August 2016

Saw something on Twitter saying Xbox One outsold the PS4 by more than 114,000 units for the month.

Hmm... Xbox One S retailed for $299 which is flat as it dropped to $299 in may of last year, whereas PS4 dropped in price October of last year so the 6% difference could be primarily PS4.

No way X1 outsold PS4 by that many. If so, kudos to MS and I look forward to seeing September and November tallies as well.

Chobel

Hmm... Xbox One S retailed for $299 which is flat as it dropped to $299 in may of last year, whereas PS4 dropped in price October of last year so the 6% difference could be primarily PS4.

No way X1 outsold PS4 by that many. If so, kudos to MS and I look forward to seeing September and November tallies as well.

It actually did. However MS introduced Slim this month and last year XB1 was $349.

Hopefully since siege is selling well, season 2 will bring more maps. Only 4 new ones are not enough.

Agree 100%. Each Content Drop for Season 2 really should include 2 maps per drop instead of 1. That would give us 8 new maps this year, which seems solid.

I will gladly pay for a Second Season Pass to Support this as well

jabuseika

When hype sells more than a good game.

PLTZJRh.gif

Destiny at #10. WTH! Very glad to see Destiny still in the top charts. Overwatch is a monster, I bet it will outsell (if it hasn't already) CoD this year as the top selling shooter.

Xbox #1, well deserved with the S console. Glad to see Microsoft win a few months, competition is great to have, makes products/services better for us.

BrunoM

Every time I looks at these sales numbers I do the same .. so where's gta5 at lol ..

And a pro patch will come sonner or later and when it does here we all all over again ..

Gta is like a money printing machine for Rockstar lol

thelastword

Banned
I don't think so. It's been on the charts for 2...3 years at this point? It's there to stay like Minecraft. It won't stop selling until GTA6 comes out.
Well I think .Pro users will love to see a version with HDR, better draw distance , more foliage, better AA/AF.....in general, just better presets......I have not even bought the game tbh..... and if they patch it, I will get it on the Pro..... together with RDR remaster.

KingBroly

Banned
Well I think .Pro users will love to see a version with HDR, better draw distance , more foliage, better AA/AF.....in general, just better presets......I have not even bought the game tbh..... and if they patch it, I will get it on the Pro..... together with RDR remaster.

It doesn't matter what Pro users want? The people looking to buy PS4P are upgrading, and they've likely already bought it, so putting time, money and effort into it doesn't really provide for extra sales for a 2-year old game at this point, when they are better left served making GTA6/RD3/etc.

BrunoM

Destiny at #10. WTH! Very glad to see Destiny still in the top charts. Overwatch is a monster, I bet it will outsell (if it hasn't already) CoD this year as the top selling shooter.

Xbox #1, well deserved with the S console. Glad to see Microsoft win a few months, competition is great to have, makes products/services better for us.
In no wat am i saying o erwatch is a back game I have a blast with it

But for more we may say every year cod sucks and its no good and all else it sells like crazy and even when it doesn't sell all that well it still sells better than 90% of the games that come one before the next cod lol ..

With that said I'm going to go play some overwatch lol

ViciousDS

Banned
I bought deus ex......it was alright......I played maybe 6 hours before setting it down. I didn't really......feel much from it. I got bored really fast. I really wish I could keep it 3rd person the whole time on console. I think I would like it a lot more without the camera view switching in cover like that.

thelastword

Banned
It doesn't matter what Pro users want? The people looking to buy PS4P are upgrading, and they've likely already bought it, so putting time, money and effort into it doesn't really provide for extra sales for a 2-year old game at this point, when they are better left served making GTA6/RD3/etc.
I don't think it will affect the development of GTA6, it's only a NEO patch afterall, which every third party is doing. There's no way Rockstar is sitting on it's laurels saying they have enough money, many people have not bought GTA5 yet and a port to show the game using HDR at checkerboarded 4k and graphical improvements will make it the best version of GTA5 by far (on consoles), there's no way they don't commit to this.

I don't think returns were enough to slow down the financial success of No Mans Sky. Sony and Hello Games clearly made bank off that game.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't think it will affect the development of GTA6, it's only a NEO patch afterall, which every third party is doing. There's no way Rockstar is sitting on it's laurels saying they have enough money, many people have not bought GTA5 yet and a port to show the game using HDR at checkerboarded 4k and graphical improvements will make it the best version of GTA5 by far (on consoles), there's no way they don't commit to this.

If you're buying a PS4 or an XBO this holiday, you're going to get GTA5. Sales keep showing that. Month after month, this keeps happening and nothing on the horizon is going to change to that, at least for long. Tell me this; How many games do you think it's going to take to push GTA5 out of the top 10 in NPD sales temporarily and permanently? Because until that point, it's not worth doing. But by that point, GTA6 will be out.

fhqwhgads

Numbers for Metroid Prime: Federation Force (if there are any, that is) ought to be fascinating to say the least. We already got word that it tanked in Japan and the UK as it is.
Nintendo needs to stop sending their games out to die with no marketing. They've done this shit far too many times and by this point it feels like anything that isn't Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Animal Crossing just gets flat out ignored.

Why did Deus bombed? Was it a bad game?

Not alot of excitement around it for whatever reason.

Its been 5 years since Human Revolution.
The marketing wasnt nearly as good this time.
The game itself was OK but not great. Bland and unexciting. Not great word of mouth.

I hope they get to make a sequel but I dunno if they will.

Top Bottom