• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2010

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wii
o0j0y.jpg

DS
2ext455.jpg

Xbox 360
dd0vnr.jpg

Playstation 3
3449ksh.jpg

PSP
23jia9s.jpg

Playstation 2
11bnsqv.jpg

Duke Togo

bcn-ron said:
I'm sorry! If you want to, we can talk about how the PS2 is sliding into the abyss.
We could do that! We could also take veiled shots at the Wii or something too. Got any dramatic GIFs laying around?

borsdy

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
I kinda liked it (the beta that is) and haven't gotten around to getting it yet, but I don't want to buy it if it doesn't sell good (considering it's MP only) so the sad face is that I may not buy it. :/
Maybe MAG will make a showing in the top ten of February? It was only counted for a week.

Road

Estimated LTD:

01. WII New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 4.89 million
03. WII Wii Fit Plus - 4.09 million
04. 360 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 6.16 million
05. WII Mario Kart Wii - 8.41 million
06. WII Wii Sports Resort - 4.84 million
07. PS3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 3.25 million

Guy Legend

Surprised at how low the PS2 is. I'd like to see another price cut for the system before it completely fades into the sunset.

[Nintex]

jrricky said:
Wow! Goooo Mass Effect 2 and NSMB Wii! How did Bayonetta sell 1 million again?
Stuff those channels!

Knowing SEGA they probably blew their profits on hookers, coke and another theme park in Dubai already.

Sean

Banned
I remember one poster kept insisting MAG would be huge and that all the SOCOM fan-base were waiting to migrate over to it or whatever. Not surprised MAG sold poorly, but I expected it to at least chart in the top 10. Ouch.

NSMB Wii sales are insane.

ChuBoi said:
I'm guessing its just under the top ten, based on what I remember reading that it hit a million shipped or sold worldwide. I'd say around 100K.
It was shipped. And shipment numbers mean essentially nothing.... 360 shipped 10 million units long before it sold 10 million units.

MechaX

TehSw1tch said:
Oh man, goes to show what a good job Ubisoft and Capcom's marketing teams have done.

Capcom pretty much did everything they could to get the only people who would buy it onboard: the fighting game crowd. Well, maybe not everything, but what can you do.

The jury is still out on NMH2.

fernoca

No Bayonetta in the Top 10, but at least they already confirmed worldwide sales of 1.1 millions by January; so not everything is bad news. At least good enough for Bayonetta 2.

jcm

I'm sure Bayonetta is at 11 and 12 with a combined total of > 300K. Either that or people have no taste.

Magni

Grecco said:
Dance waggle fest from Ubisoft for the Wii. Has actual licenced songs if im not mistaken though

Yup, but it doesn't even have the song "Just Dance" *rolls eyes*

Don't remember what I predicted, only remember that my PS2 prediction was way over 50k :lol

Peff

So after the Bayonetta bomba (damn you America) what will happen to Yakuza 3? Will retailers be willing to accept as many copies of the game?

TehSw1tch said:
Oh man, goes to show what a good job Ubisoft and Capcom's marketing teams have done.

Those games were never going to crack the top 10, no use throwing ridiculous money at it.

Hell, Bayonetta didn't make it, and that was a bigger release than both, with some decent TV commercials to boot.

fernoca said:
No Bayonetta in the Top 10, but at least they already confirmed worldwide sales of 1.1 millions by January; so not everything is bad news. At least good enough for Bayonetta 2.

Confirmed Shipment of 1.1 million by January. It likely sold nowhere near that much.

Grecco

MagniHarvald said:
Yup, but it doesn't even have the song "Just Dance" *rolls eyes*

Don't remember what I predicted, only remember that my PS2 prediction was way over 50k :lol

Doesnt it have a Lady Gaga track?

also it was 39.99 compared to Wii titles that normay go at 49.99. Gotta tip your hat to Ubisoft there. This will probably be their best selling game next to Ac2

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking HTTP 500 error. Grrr.

Go Mario go!!
Mario Kart Wii has the legs of an elephant. Just massive.
Not happy about Bayonetta sales. I'm not surprised. It seems if it's not Mario, a FPS, or a Madden, gamers in the US just don't care.

Oyashiro

Wow, I'm so sad for Bayonetta :( Easily one of my favorite games this gen. I was really expecting to sell a lot more, but it guess it's not really... uhh... targeted at a wide audience.

stawnkald

botticus said:
That about wraps it up for the PS2.

I haven't seen a PS2 in stores around here since the new year started. End of an era. I probably should have hunted down one last machine as a spare, I still play my PS2 games on it despite owning a 20gb PS3 because I'm OG like that.

Top Bottom