• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Fox318

In the constraints of WWE how do you get Roman Reigns if the following have to be kept in place:

• Can't turn him Heel
  • Must be front and center of every public relations campaign
  • Can't change gear because his face is plastered all over the place

I mean the one shot I can think of is that they purposely have him win the belt on smackdown and edit crazy cheers then book a massive Florida and Corpus Christi tour to markets that might be more friendly to him.

Toki767

In the constraints of WWE how do you get Roman Reigns if the following have to be kept in place:

• Can't turn him Heel

I mean the one shot I can think of is that they purposely have him win the belt on smackdown and edit crazy cheers then book a massive Florida and Corpus Christi tour to markets that might be more friendly to him.

Create a staged event where he single-handedly saves a kitten from a burning building.

• Can't turn him Heel

Have him win the Royal Rumble again.

Get ready folks!

• Can't turn him Heel

Get Repo Man to stage a robbery of Roman's home, and Roman stops it singlehanded with a Superman punch. Publicize it like it's the Second Coming, unlike the last time a Superstar stopped a home robbery. Give him Brie Bella and Bryan's dog while you're at it.

Fox318

Have him win the Royal Rumble again.

Get ready folks!

I think he needs to win the belt in December and have a hot defense against somebody the crowd rejects like Shaemus. I mean that was the thought before with the Kane and Big show but having to win the approval of booking the night of in front of a smarky/adult/loud crowd is tough.

Brock didn't win the title first at Mania 19. He won it at Summerslam after he had a ton of time to develop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rumorms of someone else leaving AAA soon

I want it to be Del Rio going to CMLL and Myzteziz botching his ship jump and still getting Del Rio in his promotion

Toki767

I think he needs to win the belt in December and have a hot defense against somebody the crowd rejects like Shaemus. I mean that was the thought before with the Kane and Big show but having to win the approval of booking the night of in front of a smarky/adult/loud crowd is tough.

Brock didn't win the title first at Mania 19. He won it at Summerslam after he had a ton of time to develop.

The crowd would shit on the match entirely. They wouldn't get behind Reigns or Sheamus.

Also Brock was already a former champion going into Mania 19. He won the title at SummerSlam 6 months after he debuted.

klonere

Banned
I'd say that the world is not ready for Lazy Roman Reigns except he already slept through most of a Rumble and a recent tag match.

Any kind of heel turn at the height of the backlash from the Rumble would have been amazing.

Sadly now he's just another midcard and the impact won't be the same if they ever do try and do something interesting with him. Just going through the motions.

Give him Brie Bella and Bryan's dog while you're at it.

Is this an invitation to post Josie the Frenchie instagrams again? Because I'm down.

Q6qXUHe.jpg

JavyOO7

Reigns is gonna be okay, I think. He wants to get rich so he'll tell the creative staff he'll come up with his own stuff and deliver the goods for the audience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
myzteziz.jpg

"I need to go somewhere where they'll pay me for bad performances, let me do whatever I want, and no one will watch me and no one with a future will ever go there"
dixiegooker1.jpg

Bandini

I wonder what Vince thinks of Seth. You never hear about how Vince or anybody thinks he sucks. What's the deal?

Why would they think that? He's nailed every big moment and is still majorly over as a heel despite questionable booking. He is easily a top 3 overall WWE talent, a true workhorse.

gurudyne

• Can't turn him Heel

Reveal that the ref from WM30 actually counted a two count but Heyman paid him off to put Brock over. Streak's still intact. Roman beats Brock at Royal Rumble, then claims the streak at WM where he also wins the title in a callback to the Miracle on Bourbon Street. Taker is so impressed with him, that he teaches him the secret of the tombstone. Roman then uses it to permanently retire Kane (TO HELL!) before challenging Cena to a match where Roman puts the title on the line versus Cena's fans' undying Hustle, Loyalty and Respect. Cena doesn't even compete in the match, he just shakes Roman's hand and marches out of the arena and into retirement. Roses litter the ring as the audience loses their minds. Then the titantron lights up:

Hustle. Loyalty. Reignspect(TM).

Menome

WrassleGAF, I fancy an avatar change. Winter's on the way, along with the most stressful and depressing time of the year for me, so I don't want to be all pouty-faced.

Therefore I offer it up to you to supply me with a new avatar. I like Sandow, I like Ambrose, I like New Day and I like Owens, so there's a starting point if you want it.

No reward I'm afraid, except the delight of seeing your work paraded around by me until January.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

• Can't turn him Heel

Send him to a better acting coach. He's not any worse than a bunch of these other guys at actual wrestling, he just sounds like a King Cheese Cornball every time he opens his mouth.

Fox318

The crowd would shit on the match entirely. They wouldn't get behind Reigns or Sheamus.

Also Brock was the champion going into Mania 19. He won the title at SummerSlam 6 months after he debuted.

thats the point.

Its tough as shit to get over a guy the crowd doesn't want at mania to win the belt.

I mean look at the list of guys that won their first World title win at Wrestlemania

Randy Savage
The Ultimate Warrior
Yokozuna (Really shouldn't count)
Shawn Micheals
Steve Austin
Benoit
John Cena
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Sheamus
Seth Rollins

Many of the other guys that won belts won before hand and with the exception of Sheamus most of them were over with the crowd.

If Roman wrestles Brie for the WWEWHC he might be able to garner some support. I don't think there's a worse wrestler in the world than Brie Bella.

Fintan

I don't like Agnew or Lovranski. The main LAW show is pretty bad compared to Review-A-Raw, Wai, and Impact.

Bauer and Pollock can be good. Never tried WhatsNXT because I didn't like Agnew from the main show.

bjork

thats the point.

Its tough as shit to get over a guy the crowd doesn't want at mania to win the belt.

I mean look at the list of guys that won their first World title win at Wrestlemania

Randy Savage
The Ultimate Warrior
Yokozuna (Really shouldn't count)
Shawn Micheals
Steve Austin
Benoit
John Cena
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Sheamus
Seth Rollins

Many of the other guys that won belts won before hand and with the exception of Sheamus most of them were over with the crowd.

Bold shouldn't count either because Bret never agreed to overtime. Monsoon screwed Bret

Ithil

• Can't turn him Heel

Switch Ambrose and Reigns' names. Push the former Ambrose as Reigns instead.

WrassleGAF, I fancy an avatar change. Winter's on the way, along with the most stressful and depressing time of the year for me, so I don't want to be all pouty-faced.

Therefore I offer it up to you to supply me with a new avatar. I like Sandow, I like Ambrose, I like New Day and I like Owens, so there's a starting point if you want it.

No reward I'm afraid, except the delight of seeing your work paraded around by me until January.

Becky Lynch man.

klonere

Banned

How about this fine render of Kevin Owens from this years hit installment of the Official Video Game for World Wrestling Entertainment, courtesy of the people at Yukes!

uILiPw4.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think he can pull off a RAven type character. His bipolar shit just comes across as cheesy as a face.

That's probably why Dean can't be a Raven type character.
Raven worked because you watched him long enough to know it was a bullshit facade. That he wasn't really that dark and he was just playing a character to get followers to win titles to get attention.

Dean's pre-WWE promos were shitty Heath Ledger promos complete with rubber clown masks. Talking about how he grew up in the projects and fought people 'for real' and used guns. Dude is a fucking cornball.

Top Bottom