• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

That's probably why Dean can't be a Raven type character.
Raven worked because you watched him long enough to know it was a bullshit facade. That he wasn't really that dark and he was just playing a character to get followers to win titles to get attention.

Dean's pre-WWE promos were shitty Heath Ledger promos complete with rubber clown masks. Talking about how he grew up in the projects and fought people 'for real' and used guns. Dude is a fucking cornball.

Cagey

Banned
Raven on Stold Cold's podcast talking about how he thinks wrestlers are insane to be proud to work "strong" is funny as hell. "If you want to be tough, go to UFC."

Cagey

Banned
disgusting burial of the entire country of japan

He's also railed against "high spot-ckteers", burying every American wrestler under 6' 200 pounds and 95% of Mexico. He's driving a steam-powered shovel right now.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the endless Fanduel/DraftKing ads on every single podcast ever (wrestling or not)

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/fbi-investigating-daily-fantasy-sites-fanduel-draftkings/?tw=dd

Some old colleagues of mine in New York are investigating, as well. I've told them I hope they drop the hammer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the endless Fanduel/DraftKing ads on every single podcast ever (wrestling or not)

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/fbi-investigating-daily-fantasy-sites-fanduel-draftkings/?tw=dd

Why hopefully? No other company is dumb enough to pay to advertise on podcasts with manchildren talking about wrasslin and kideo games
He's also railed against "high spot-ckteers", burying every American wrestler under 6' 200 pounds. He's driving a steam-powered shovel right now.

Vampiro did this too. It's like Stone Cold's podcast was made for me

klonere

Banned
Cena has his haters.

Ambrose could probably get a solid reaction in every arena on the planet right now.

It is actually stunning how badly they fucked Dean up after the Shield breakup. Instant hot feud with Rollins into losing to a TV. You are 100% right, Dean booked right could be over everywhere and anywhere

Heroman

Banned
It is actually stunning how badly they fucked Dean up after the Shield breakup. Instant hot feud with Rollins into losing to a TV. You are 100% right, Dean booked right could be over everywhere and anywhere

The weird thing is that he is still over after all the fucks he been in .

I knew when Dean came out with a hot dog stand/cart, it was all over for him.

Cagey

Banned
Disgusting is a bit strong.

It was a commentary on selling, and how you can turn an armbar into a 4 min clinic.

Well the "strong style" portion from Raven was, rather than needing to strike someone as hard as you can stopping juuust short of 100% full force striking someone in order to convey realism to the audience, you should be conveying a sense of realism without needing to be anywhere close to being real.

He thought the pride in "strong" was silly because why would you want to take that toll on your body and the opponent's body when it's pro wrestling, not UFC, and the toughness is appearing tough, not being tough.

As a fan who cares. But I liked him laughing about "strong style" from a wrestler's perspective: so much extra harm and damage and pain when, if you do the job right, it's a much harder road to get to the same product.

MeUndies, Stamps.com, Casper mattress too.

Can I interest you in a free audio book from Audible?

klonere

Banned
they didn't do anything illegal, I mean even the government said this isn't gambling.

This is for insider trading or something close to it

The weird thing is that he is still over after all the fucks he been in .

Seriously, one or two really strong feuds and Dean is that top guy. I guess they just don't see it. Need more solid midcarders. To go on the pre-show.

I knew when Dean came out with a hot dog stand/cart, it was all over for him.

I thought the Nickelodeon gack stuff inside the MiTB briefcase was worse but yeah, it went off the rails real quick. Everyone seemed to love it at the time anyway.

they didn't do anything illegal, I mean even the government said this isn't gambling.

It's a work, friend, when the legislators you (as in the NFL) buy off attach a rider about Internet gambling enforcement to an appropriation bill for national security that specifically states that gambling does not include "participation in any fantasy or simulation sports game" so that a vote against NFL and fantasy/gambling also becomes a vote against national security.

More CougarLife.com ads; fuck DraftKings and FanDuel.

Cagey

Banned
I still don't see how this is "insider trading" as I don't even know what they are trading. Algorithms on what the projected points are?

"Insider trading" is an inelegant term for what's occurring because it makes one think of buying/selling/shorting stocks based on inside knowledge, whereas here it's not as concrete as "drug to be rejected by FDA tomorrow, sell stock today."

Employees of the companies are using insider information about the selection rate of players in fantasy lineups, that they're only privy to because they work for the companies, and using that to maximize their lineups for entries in the biggest competitions. That's precisely how to win the biggest competitions: finding the market inefficiencies in "sleeper" picks relative to their pricing.

You don't win with a lineup of Rodgers, Gronk, and Peterson because everyone will have those players. You win when Dalton, Lamar Miller, Kyle Rudolph, and Anquan Boldin all drop monster weeks and you've maximized your fantasy dollars across the best spread of low-selected players who are most capable of breaking out.

Here's a mediocre analogy: it's insider knowledge to enhance your chances of winning a lottery every week by knowing which 5 balls in the 1-60 were taken out of the bucket.

Can't blame Ambrose for getting the Wyatt treatment. Doesn't do anyone any favors. People talk about Cena killing pushes. Wyatt's looking to take that spot for sure.

klonere

Banned
I still don't see how this is "insider trading" as I don't even know what they are trading. Algorithms on what the projected points are?

Daily fantasy came under scrutiny after a DraftKings employee admitted on a fantasy-sports message board last week that he had prematurely released sensitive data about the site’s biggest contest. The same week, he won $350,000 on FanDuel, something both companies acknowledge. DraftKings said the leak was an accident, and both companies said he didn’t benefit from having early access to data.

Even so both companies are carrying out investigations, on a matter that supposedly didn't have any impact.

FanDuel has hired an outside investigator to conduct an internal review and make recommendations on how to strengthen controls on sensitive information. DraftKings has hired an investigator to look into unspecified allegations against an employee

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it true that Watanabe new name is EVIL? Cause his twitter handle is Evil with the tag line the "King of Darkness Evil." Well maybe this can be his new partner along with Naito:

yes it is

klonere

Banned
Has Dean had any decent singles matches that did not include Seth Rollins?

His stuff vs Harper was pretty great imo

That was nearly a year ago!

And then there was this at last year's Hell in a Cell:
SVzvDwi.gif

And then there was the exploding TV at TLC 2014:
dean-ambrose-monitor-wwe.gif

In less than three months, they made Ambrose look like the biggest moron in the world. Who could possibly root for a guy this stupid?

Dean lost to spooky ghost and a TV.
Roman had to deal with one of the worst Rumbles of all time
Seth is a comedy jobber World Champion (??!?!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How about this fine render of Kevin Owens from this years hit installment of the Official Video Game for World Wrestling Entertainment, courtesy of the people at Yukes!

uILiPw4.png

They put as much effort into their render of Owens as Owens puts into ______________.

Fill in the blank with your word of choice!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Done. Love u, sunny

Also, has this been discussed re: Vince mcMahon ticked off at Rusev/Lana?

From the article
Fast-forward to now: Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that Vince McMahon is absolutely furious about the TMZ news breaking, since it completely undermined the story they were telling. Worse, his own stars ended up being the cause of the leak, as Lana posted her engagement ring photo to social media. Being a bit of an old school promoter, from a time in which good guys and bad guys couldn’t even hang out together in the same bar for fear that fans would discover the truth about pro wrestling, this makes sense. Hell, he had Lana and Rusev playing up their feud on social media, and this is an era in which no one actually buys that the two people feuding onscreen actually hate each other. The genie is out of the bottle on pro wrestling, in a lot of ways. Which isn’t to say that you can’t still make money with a heated rivalry. But it feels as though the days of shielding the audience from the truth are over.

Read more: http://www.rickey.org/wwe-ceo-vince...the-lanarusev-tmz-story/286762/#ixzz3ofc4wsXD

And Vince absolutely should be mad. So should RuRu. Lana really fucked up and DID shit on a terrible story, but shitting on it doesn't make it any better. It's pretty shitty, as an employee, to do that.

jmdajr

From the article

And Vince absolutely should be mad. So should RuRu. Lana really fucked up and DID shit on a terrible story, but shitting on it doesn't make it any better. It's pretty shitty, as an employee, to do that.

I feel that. As lame as fuck as the story had been, it was leading to bigger and better things. Match made in Heaven 2 is dead.

So yeah. I think the whole thing sucks! I usually don't get mad about shit and I'm not literally mad, but this was pretty fucking dumb and total waste for what could have been.

Toki767

From the article

Does Vince get mad when Stephanie talks about how she loves playing a bad guy on TV?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does Vince get mad when Stephanie talks about how she loves playing a bad guy on TV?

Why would he? She doesn't play a bad guy on Twitter or Instagram. Rusev does.

Bauer and Pollock has the best podcast intro

Fuck THAT. It's ONE MINUTE and some change long. Way too long. One of the worst.

I mean Review-A-Raw and Wai have terrible intros too, because they last about 20 minutes until they get to the show. Once that's done, it's gravy.

Top Bottom