• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Thread & Gamertag Roundup(PC/PS3/360)

djkimothy

There's no real "clan" support. You just add a tag at the beginning of your name after a certain level. I think level 12. You can pretty much stealth join any clan you want. :lol

Karakand

I just got this today and the MP has become my new crack. Help me be my own pusherman, GAF!

Gamertag: Pantaberde
-8 GMT PST

Kyan Mehwulfe on PC.

Almost exclusively play on the VirtualMercs server: Hardcore, Headquarters, No Kill Cam, etc. Great ping from BC and likely anyone on the west coast. Not familar with VM but they've been active enough thus far.

Wickerman

PS3 | WickerMan | Wickerman | EST

I'm addicted to Domination so you will probably find me there. What mode do you guys enjoy the most?

Nightz

Wickerman said:
PS3 | WickerMan | Wickerman | EST

I'm addicted to Domination so you will probably find me there. What mode do you guys enjoy the most?
I'm hooked on Headquarters. I get a good amount of points every round.

On another note, I had a gift card that was about to expire and I couldn't find anything else to spend it on, so I bought the 360 version of COD4 as well. Now I can play with friends on both the PS3 and 360. :D

Playing with the 360 controller feels a little weird and slow now though after playing the PS3 version. I probably just have to get used to it.

woodchuck

i just unlocked the G36C or whatever it's called. Based on the stats, it looks pretty impressive. I have the laser sight for it, but I'm having a hard time with the gun in both long range and close range situations.

Right now, my best combination is M16 + laser sight + Stopping power + Deep Impact. If it's a smaller map, I'm starting to use M4 + laser sight + Martydom (i'm a cheap bastard) + Stopping Power.

PS3 | Libra-Man | Infernodash | EST

I've had COD4 for a while now. I actually have two accounts. I leveled up to 43 then I got tired of owning people with advanced guns and I started all over again and I'm a lvl 22 with my new name. Hehe... I love unlocking achievements and seeing how fast I can do them.

Anyway. Libra-Man is my main name. Let's get it on.

Infernodash said:
PS3 | Libra-Man | Infernodash | EST

I've had COD4 for a while now. I actually have two accounts. I leveled up to 43 then I got tired of owning people with advanced guns and I started all over again and I'm a lvl 22 with my new name. Hehe... I love unlocking achievements and seeing how fast I can do them.

Anyway. Libra-Man is my main name. Let's get it on.

Why didn't you just level up 11 more levels and go prestige?

360 l CptGlanton l Captain Glanton l -6 GMT (Central US)

Just played my first of this last night, but it's definitely going to be my go-to MP game for the foreseeable infinite future. I can hardly wait until I don't suck at it!

johnFkennedy said:
Why didn't you just level up 11 more levels and go prestige?

I know prestige says you will have to make a choice but I do not know what prestige mode means. Besides, I just wanted to make free for all more fair. Moreover, it's embarrassing when you're a brigadier general and you have an off night and they start chanting general noob... COD4 is serious business.

AltogetherAndrews said:
What exactly is Prestige?

When you reach level 50, you have the option of keeping all your toys or giving them away and starting back at level 1, in return for a little pip next to your name. After you do that four times, and then get back to 50 for a fifth time, you earn a golden gun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Captain Glanton said:
When you reach level 50, you have the option of keeping all your toys or giving them away and starting back at level 1, in return for a little pip next to your name. After you do that four times, and then get back to 50 for a fifth time, you earn a golden gun.

Given the effort I suppose it's a REAL golden gun.

spwolf

PS3 | spwolf| spwolf| GMT +1 (CET)

Its fun for sure, like it a lot.

Best part is that it is apsolutly and completly different than Warhawk, so I can play them both :D

lionelhutz

Captain Glanton said:

Is it one shot, one kill for the golden gun?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
360 version - Gamertag: Gunstar77

I play all the time! You can usually find me on during the later night hours.

I'm glad I didn't pay money for this rental. :\

It appears nobody is playing online with the PS3. I can't find any games. This on-line interface stinks as well. It's very similar to Bomberman on the DS; or that broke-dick Armored Core 4.

- Play online.
<CoD4> MAGICAL INTERNET THINGS ARE HAPPENING!
/me waits . . .
<CoD4> MAGICAL INTERNET THINGS STILL HAPPENING!
/me puts in Warhawk instead of waiting for this pig to sort it's shit out. . .

Shame, I'd like to give it a spin; but what the hell - it was a free rental.

Wickerman

Captain Glanton said:

Wait a sec, isn't the golden gun the deagle that is unlocked when you reach commander?

crustikid

hey, just started playing the PC version last night.

does anyone know why my list of favorited servers won't show up under source?

sharkie

Wickerman said:
Wait a sec, isn't the golden gun the eagle that is unlocked when you reach commander?

He's talking about the console version, you're talking about the PC version which has no prestige mode and you get the golden Desert Eagle when you get to commander.

crustikid said:
hey, just started playing the PC version last night.

does anyone know why my list of favorite servers won't show up under source?

The game is a buggy mess, the only thing that works properly is when you're finally in game which is all that really matters to be honest.

Hammer

Cornballer said:
Truth. Please don't crush our TF2 night.
I'm somewhat interested, though it depends what night it's going to be (if I can't play, I'd have a tough time motivating to organize). The system we're using for TF2 has been working reasonably well so far.

What night would be good for you? I would make a feeble attempt at an organization, but I wouldn't be able to update as often as you could. (Anyone interested in viewing the TF2 format, including Cornballer's dedicated updating can check out this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8524450&postcount=352) Judging by the TF2 games, I think our 360 GAF community would be missing out without a few scheduled COD4 matches! Perhaps we can organize a couple games loosely around your schedule? I'll take the k/d ratio hit to play with gaffers. :D

And though it may be a little late for this week, I'd like to toss a Tuesday or Wednesday suggestion in the mix.

Wickerman

sharkie said:
He's talking about the console version, you're talking about the PC version which has no prestige mode and you get the golden Desert Eagle when you get to commander.

I was talking about the console version (PS3). I received the golden deagle when I got to commander last week. I was tempted to hold onto to it for a while but I really wanted to extend my wang in "Prestige Mode". :D

Wickerman said:
I was talking about the console version (PS3). I received the golden deagle when I got to commander last week. I was tempted to hold onto to it for a while but I really wanted to extend my wang in "Prestige Mode". :D

also true for 360 version. you get golden desert eagle at 55 not when you enter prestige mode.

kassatsu

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm glad I didn't pay money for this rental. :\

It appears nobody is playing online with the PS3. I can't find any games. This on-line interface stinks as well. It's very similar to Bomberman on the DS; or that broke-dick Armored Core 4.

- Play online.
<CoD4> MAGICAL INTERNET THINGS ARE HAPPENING!
/me waits . . .
<CoD4> MAGICAL INTERNET THINGS STILL HAPPENING!
/me puts in Warhawk instead of waiting for this pig to sort it's shit out. . .

Shame, I'd like to give it a spin; but what the hell - it was a free rental.
What gametypes were you trying to play. I can find a Search and Destroy match fairly quick. Free for all and Team Deathmatch are quick to join as well.

Top Bottom