• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Oct/Nov NBA 2007-2008 Season Thread - AKA San Antonio's Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
reilo said:
Kupchak versus McHale.

:lol

Actually, I think Wittman and Taylor are basically doing everything, at the moment.

McHale is just a bystander for now.

Branduil

pilonv1 said:
Mavs fans - as poor winners are they are losers.
Warriors fans- as classless as they are clueless.

The only people who deny that the reffing in the NBA is terrible are those who benefit from it.

pilonv1

Branduil said:
Warriors fans- as classless as they are clueless.

The only people who deny that the reffing in the NBA is terrible are those who benefit from it.

I haven't made one comment about the reffing being good or bad but it's been shit for both teams. However one team has had its superstar show up and get good support, while the other's has gone missing and had to rely on the supporting cast to get it done. You can't blame the referees for that.

Branduil

pilonv1 said:
I haven't made one comment about the reffing being good or bad but it's been shit for both teams. However one team has had its superstar show up and get good support, while the other's has gone missing and had to rely on the supporting cast to get it done. You can't blame the referees for that.
No, I can't. But we should still win even if he is missing. The fact that even with our best player missing, our second player fouled out, and the refs cheating, and the game is still close is proof of that.

Branduil

Despite the win I still don't feel that happy. Our D was awful the whole game. It's like Avery has no defensive gameplan against them except "I hope Baron sucks tonight, lol."

Still, it's nice to get the win.

Tamanon

Banned
Man with all the bitching about the refs I'd expect there to be some gigantic disparity in free throws.....

Nope, 30-30. And if ya take away the 4 from the end of the game that's still not a big difference.

Branduil

Tamanon said:
Man with all the bitching about the refs I'd expect there to be some gigantic disparity in free throws.....

Nope, 30-30. And if ya take away the 4 from the end of the game that's still not a big difference.

You have to watch the game, not just quote stat lines... there were quite a few obvious horrible calls, including the one that fouled Howard out while Baron didn't foul out on one that should have been called.

woodchuck

Cloudy said:
Warriors win this EASY if they make their fukkin FTs. Good grief...

how often do they make their free throws

and stop bitching about the refs (except the miami series). you're so fucking annoying, talking about the refs IN EVERY GAME.

and I like how Jon Barry was sucking Ginobili's dick last night saying "he's a lock for 6th man". obviously, he hasn't seen JET this year.

Branduil

I'll gladly stop talking about the refs when they stop sucking.

Which will be never as long as Stern is in charge. He's happy when refs are corrupt and/or incompetent as long as he makes lots of money.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if Frank's costar is going to be that guy that does the movie announcer voice.

Figure may as well pack all the one-hit wonders together. Throw 'em on after a brand new House of Payne!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Karakand said:
o god frank caliendo

gtfo

Haha.

Most of his impressions fail on me because he is fat and most of the characters he does are not. But I did like the Charles one.

Tamanon said:
I wonder if Frank's costar is going to be that guy that does the movie announcer voice.

Figure may as well pack all the one-hit wonders together. Throw 'em on after a brand new House of Payne!

Pablo Francisco.

Karakand

Charles wasn't too bad.

Just between the MLB playoffs and the commercials on NBA on TNT I'm just over him. Overexposure FTL.

Andokuky

Banned
Dallas still has a glaring half court offense weakness. It's so frustrating watching games like this. At least they won, barely.

Branduil

Their offense really isn't that bad. If Dirk had hit a couple of those open shots and we had gotten the calls we should have down low no one would be complaining.

It was our defense that was poor.

Branduil

Someone has too much time on their hands.
89i5mqv.jpg

I'm saving this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom