• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Lifeline

Uh...but he's not a threat if Monkey is right and we don't lynch him right?

Even monkey said he may be Godfather.

That's a tough spot to put town in later in the game.

Scum's not gonna NK sky.

Town will have to chose whether to risk a 2 night scum reign or risk a GF getting away with everything.

This is our only chance to nip this in the bud.

Sophia

For the new page.

Day 3 votes

timetokill (0)
launchpadmcq 2173 (2183)

blargonaut (7)
hey_monkey 2175 (2581)
burbeting 2178
palmer_v1 2180
launchpadmcq 2183 (2291)
skyodin 2276
acohrs 2407 (2615)
nomadic sparks 2408 (2723)
isaacnukem 2434 (2596)
dr. worm 2504 (2509)
lifeline 2666 (2721)
hey_monkey 2704
dr. worm 2712
darryl 2793
lifeline 2841 (2883)
launchpadmcq 2924

palmer_v1 (0)
isaacnukem 2177 (2434)

nomadic sparks (5)
timetokill 2361 (2438)
lifeline 3002
verelios 3003
acohrs 3053
timetokill 3055
blargonaut 3078

skyodin (1)
nomadic sparks 2368 (2385)
blargonaut 2818 (2928)
isaacnukem 2869

hey_monkey (0)
timetokill 2438 (3055)
lifeline 2518 (2666)

blackbuzzard (0)
acohrs 2615 (3053)

monkey (1)
nomadic sparks 2723

acohrs (0)
blackbuzzard 2724 (2931)

darryl (0)
blargonaut 2928 (3078)
lifeline 2937 (3002)

burbeting (0)
verelios 2932 (3003)

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 9

Day 3 ends in:

blu_1496091600.png

BB, that's actually not a terrible theory but I mean I might just be ready to grasp at anything beyond let's save the town-killer for fun and profit.

Swamped wanted to save Palmer - she said it (which could be a misdirect, though; it's awfully obvi for admitted scum).

Palmer was not hot on the acohrs lynch. And all three claimed vanilla.

I don't think acohrs' flavor is particularly believable but I'm also meh on that reasoning.

But it doesn't solve today's problem, really.

Im just spit balling becuz im so nervous for this if it goes south.

Darryl

Banned
Uh...but he's not a threat if Monkey is right and we don't lynch him right?

How is he not a threat? He's red checking who tried to save fucking scum last day, and his claim to fame is claiming to lynching town last night. His posts are poison. There is no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Go wait till tomorrow to look at him for a lynch when we have less townies. I don't trust the vast majority of the players here, especially looking at the Nomadic bandwagon. How any sane person could crunch numbers and find that brilliant given circumstances is beyond me. It is no doubt that the bandwagon is filled to the brim with the most useless players.

Let me be straight on something. Yes, theoretically, weaponizing Blarg is a great plan.

Unless he lies. Unless scum kills him if he's neutral. Unless he later fucks us over. Unless we use him today and we are wrong and let's be honest, we got Swamped but today it ain't like we're consistent.

And we have no reason to believe him.

There are 3 VIPs on scum's chessboard at the moment: you, me and Lifeline. You because you're the Investigator, me because of the potential Night-threat, and Lifeline because he's mod-confirmed Town. Plus you probably got the Protective Role out there, wherever and whoever they are, hovering around us.

What we've got right now, is a Town Tank around you. Hopefully you're gambiting and got more x-shots. In Harry Potter [Mafia], where I was the Town cop Dumbledore (IIRC), I attempted to set up such an open alliance around myself. The Town Tank is PRs. The Town Tank gets to work. Gets shit done, and can take hits before delivering the reads-n'-results payload. We have here for ourselves an absolute decision-making nightmare for scum to tackle. Make me the cannon of this armour.

Lifeline

Even if you hate Blarg. Even if you despise leaving a neutral potential SK alive.

Answer this: How will town deal with SkyOdin?

- Scum's not going to NK him
- Town is not going to lynch him
- If he's GF, Monkey's town flip won't matter

The only way to solve the SkyOdin problem is to give Blarg a pillow and send him over to Sky's.

The more I think about SkyOdin's claim, if it's true it actually makes Blarg's claim make more sense to me.

SkyOdin's role makes him "unkillable" for both town and scum.

- Town doesn't want to kill him because he'd trigger a double-night.

- Scum doesn't want to kill him because they want town to trigger a double-night. Plus killing him and verifying his story verifies others that were vouching for them (monkey in this case).

Having a neutral actually provides an elegant counter for that role. Not only in its own ability to kill but the decision to push for one team or the other.

So on the other hand if Blarg kills SkyOdin and his claim turns out legit, it verifies monkey.

Hmmmm. The info beckons me.

My biggest hesitation here is the cavernous silence from a number of players. It's a federal holiday in the US so maybe that's part of it but that's really holding me back a little. I don't want to role fish, either. But goddamn I wonder if there's more information out there that could solve this for us. I'm feeling super frustrated at the moment.

Sky, my gut says trust you and so does my check. But I was wrong about Swamped. Do you have anything else to add? Any other arguments to make?

Verelios

How is he not a threat? He's red checking who tried to save fucking scum last day, and his claim to fame is claiming to lynching town last night. His posts are poison. There is no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Go wait till tomorrow to look at him for a lynch when we have less townies. I don't trust the vast majority of the players here, especially looking at the Nomadic bandwagon. How any sane person could crunch numbers and find that brilliant given circumstances is beyond me. It is no doubt that the bandwagon is filled to the brim with the most useless players.
I was talking about Blarg shooting Sky brosef but ok

Verelios

My biggest hesitation here is the cavernous silence from a number of players. It's a federal holiday in the US so maybe that's part of it but that's really holding me back a little. I don't want to role fish, either. But goddamn I wonder if there's more information out there that could solve this for us. I'm feeling super frustrated at the moment.

Sky, my gut says trust you and so does my check. But I was wrong about Swamped. Do you have anything else to add? Any other arguments to make?
I would say there is more information out there. A 2 shot cop for town is garbage in terms of information.

Lifeline

Even if you hate Blarg. Even if you despise leaving a neutral potential SK alive.

Answer this: How will town deal with SkyOdin?

- Scum's not going to NK him
- Town is not going to lynch him
- If he's GF, Monkey's town flip won't matter

The only way to solve the SkyOdin problem is to give Blarg a pillow and send him over to Sky's.

The more I think about SkyOdin's claim, if it's true it actually makes Blarg's claim make more sense to me.

- Scum doesn't want to kill him because they want town to trigger a double-night. Plus killing him and verifying his story verifies others that were vouching for them (monkey in this case).

Having a neutral actually provides an elegant counter for that role. Not only in its own ability to kill but the decision to push for one team or the other.

So on the other hand if Blarg kills SkyOdin and his claim turns out legit, it verifies monkey.

How can anyone read this and still want to kill Blarg? We'll deal with killing him or not tomorrow.

Today he must kill the princess.

It's a new 50ppp page:

Yeah, fuck you too, Launch.

*snip*

Then I kill SkyOdin for you Tonight. If the Town Doctor wants to protect me or hey_monkey Tonight, that's up to them. My kill is a Strong kill so it will penetrate any attempt of a Doctor or Bodyguard to shield my target. The kill is guaranteed. Barring Switcher intervention (I'm not sure if a Switcher can redirect my Strong kill or not) fucking my aim up, it's a simple plan.

Just to remind everyone, I'm 2 votes away from being lynched.

The current vote count is here. (I hoped I linked that correctly)

Don't be an ass and please catch up on what's happened in the thread and comment on it, on my offer on the table, before you drop your vote. Don't be like Launchpad.

I'm game if you're game

But I'm sweating and we gotta decide on a game

Alright. Town you weird but I'll take it there. In the interest of self-preservation and in regards to the ticking clock of life, I am joining this count, but know that IMO I find it a poor overall #scumtell-based choice (but viewing it through the lens of removing the least-contributing is kinda an acceptable although completely circumstantial justification, I guess):

UNVOTE: Darryl

VOTE: Nomadic Sparks

Claim if you must.

pls pls pls ASAP to provide allowance time for Town's inevitable flip-flopping

SkyOdin

I'm curious how you're supposed to even play SkyOdin's role

I mean it's a role that practically begs you to coast. Talking makes you a suspect, and getting on somebody's bad side can make you a lynch target at any moment.

If he's town, you'd think he'd want to be NK'd just to avoid fucking over town greatly with a double-night.

I don't know, that's a weird role, and obviously everything about that reveal still bothers me
I would accept being night-killed. You are correct that it might be best for town.

I just don't trust a self-proclaimed neutral to act in town's best interest. Blarg is not part of town. The only thing certain about him is that he is unreliable and dangerous.

People doubting me is logic I can understand. Trusting Blarg is logic I can't.

I would accept being night-killed. You are correct that it might be best for town.

I just don't trust a self-proclaimed neutral to act in town's best interest. Blarg is not part of town. The only thing certain about him is that he is unreliable and dangerous.

What i do not like about all of this is that Acorhs is on board with this.

giphy.gif

I'll take it better late than never, though.

I agree with you completely. Of course, that means we're a terrible scum team, right?

Blarg, I dunno, swear to kill Sky or something. Swear on Mabel. Swear on GIFs. Swear on Mabel GIFs.

This is risky as hell. But it might be all we can agree on unless we just let the Blarg lynch happen. And unless we get new info, I'm probably starting by gunning for Blarg again.

Lifeline

Nomadic came in here. He didn't say anything and he's not even defending himself. How can ya'll consider Nomadic more useful than Blarg?

Burbeting

Banned
How the fuck are so many people believing a cop red check who tried his damn best to bail out a scum yesterday.

I swear, this town is full of morons.

Yes, that's all of my input I'm going to give today. If Blarg is not lynched today, we are going to waste all of tomorrow again on him. It'll be anime mafia wasting all of D3 and D4.

You scumread Acorns?

Yes him being so cagey about flavour and acting like he gave it just doesnt sit right with me.

Let me remind you i asked him for flavor at the end of day 2 then i asked him multiple times on D3 which resulted in him voting for me and deflecting back to me numerous times, eventually he gave us flavor like 2-3 pages back.

Can any of you really tell me what Acorhs has brought to the table.

Verelios

Yes him being so cagey about flavour and acting like he gave it just doesnt sit right with me.

Let me remind you i asked him for flavor at the end of day 2 then i asked him multiple times on D3 which resulted in him voting for me and deflecting back to me numerous times, eventually he gave us flavor like 2-3 pages back.

Nah, I've been scum reading him since day 2 so you'll find no argument from me.

Lifeline

Swamped tried to bandwagon him twice and almost succeeded. Scum's not that bold.

Darryl

Banned
Nomadic came in here. He didn't say anything and he's not even defending himself. How can ya'll consider Nomadic more useful than Blarg?

Because Blarg could actually have a night kill PR. We wake up next day phase with two dead active townies, plus Nomadic. Blarg claims he thought I was scum and that was more important.

Than what? Now you're at this same square with -3 townies. Then? You lynch Blarg? Or does he lure you in with the promise of yet another night kill assistance?

Nothing about the keep Blarg alive theory makes sense at all. Proving Sky can wait till later. Why are we trying to lynch a green checked townie so bad? 'just incase'? My God

How the fuck are so many people believing a cop red check who tried his damn best to bail out a scum yesterday.

I swear, this town is full of morons.

Yes, that's all of my input I'm going to give today. If Blarg is not lynched today, we are going to waste all of tomorrow again on him. It'll be anime mafia wasting all of D3 and D4.

People LOVE Blarg I guess and no one has any reason to think killing Natiko is a good thing but sure, Sky made up this totally outlandish claim and I'm lying and there's a grand conspiracy so let's leave him on the loose.

I don't see the votes moving though so maybe none of it matters.

Burb, if you will stay for a second - The only part of this I can kind of agree with is checking Sky but I honestly believe him. You probably said something about it but damn we've been busy and there's not time to check. Will you talk to me about this?

*snip*

Blarg, I dunno, swear to kill Sky or something. Swear on Mabel. Swear on GIFs. Swear on Mabel GIFs.

This is risky as hell. But it might be all we can agree on unless we just let the Blarg lynch happen. And unless we get new info, I'm probably starting by gunning for Blarg again.

aWSTguc.gif

Burbeting

Banned
Burb, if you will stay for a second - The only part of this I can kind of agree with is checking Sky but I honestly believe him. You probably said something about it but damn we've been busy and there's not time to check. Will you talk to me about this?

I know Blarg disagrees, but I doubt a 2-shot cop would be countered by miller, godfather and not getting a clear scum hit (getting non-town instead). And multiple alignment cops aren't usual in games, more likely the other information gathering roles are trackers or something similar.

And Beloved Princess is not that uncommon role. What I do worry about is why Sky claimed his power, his reasoning was weak and uninformed at best.

But it's better than Blarg waiting for 24+ hours before claiming. Did it take that long to cook up that claim in scum chat.

I don't trust LL because LL sees what he wants to see and then hammers it. I don't know how to feel about ttk. And they are driving this.

But I don't trust me either because I was wrong on Swamped and I haven't had a ton of time to reread this day phase. All I have is my checks and a fuckton of unanswered questions. Yes, Sky could be GF. But it's a big if to my view.

I am maybe too trusting. But I believe Sky. I also believe that flipping Sky could verify me but it requires we trust Blarg. Who killed Natiko. Who has an unknown number of shots. Who actually may be scum. Or an arsonist. Or something else.

Lifeline

wtf are you talking about Sky,Monkey and Natiko were the first 3 votes on him.

I might be mixing up Swamped with Dragonz, idk?

But i remember for sure Acohrs started the Swamped bandwagon revival. His vote and counterclaim led to Swamped claiming which led to more people voting against her.

Top Bottom