• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Premium Service announced [S-CONF]

Chris_C

Afrikan said:
I don't think it'll add up to 60 games.....its just the free ones.....so maybe 12 -16 games.

you'll still keep the ones you buy.

or am I reading your post wrong.

When you think about it that way, Sony would be wise to release a couple of truly AAA PSN games free for us PSN+ users to keep us hooked.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Chris_C said:
When you think about it that way, Sony would be wise to release a couple of truly AAA PSN games free for us PSN+ users to keep us hooked.
I expect something really big during months 13/14/15 for people to resubscribe in order to keep them.

btkadams

damn, i was super disappointed to find that i don''t get lbp since im in canada. other than that, plus seems like it's worth it so i bought it today. i was hoping for lbp mostly because it was stolen before and i hate buying things multiple times (i've had to do it a lot with my sketch brother taking shit).

tirminyl

Shalashaska said:
I'd like to know this as well. Say if I subscribe now, and something in August comes out that I want but I'm away on Vacation until September, will I be able to go and download the stuff from August after the new 'update' is out? I believe I read something saying yes but I'd like some confirmation before I bite on this.

From what understand, if it was not auto-downloaded, or you didn't download it while it was available, then it won't be available to you when the next month starts.

axiomnightmare

Neo Member
Decided not to sign up because the bonuses really didn't seem too substantial. Although I guess that was their point in order to not piss to many people off. It does seem like a good deal if you were to buy a lot of games off PSN. But I have a feeling that this is just a test run for Sony, like Xbox Live last gen, and Sony will aim for much higher subscription rates come next gen.

Mrbob said:
?

What is the difference?

You some times get demos, betas, themes ect. if you're a subscriber. It doesn't seem like a big deal as I doubt that they'll give any betas or demos to Qore users and not PSN+ users.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm glad I signed up to Plus. I would've never thought about buying a PSN Mini, but Fieldrunners and Age Of Zombies are really cool! I've also realised how much I still like Destruction Derby.

How does the Automatic Downloads feature work exactly? I deleted my Uncharted 2 updates on the weekend and they still haven't come back. In fact the only things its downloaded for me are the Heavy Rain and Modnation Racers demos... the same two demos I deleted the night before!

mr_chun

Just for those who haven't checked today, we got more PSN+ goodies!

Qore - Free
Episode 26

Minis - Free
Fieldrunners

Discounts - 50% off
Super Stardust HD - Now $5
Super Stardust HD Team Addon - Now $2.50
Super Stardust HD Solo Addon - Now $2.50

MAG 'Raven'
MAG 'SVER'
MAG 'Valor'

Themes - Free
King Zumo Theme

+Everything that was there at the beginning of the month.

TheHakku

Pretty disappointed at the moment. Then again, I still have to try Fieldrunners. Hearing lots of reports that it's really good!

Can't wait for week 3!

JesseZao

Just to clarify, my Wipeout HD is free to keep forever right? There is no expiration.

If they keep up the 50% off discounts, there's a lot of games I'd bite on for less than 5 bucks with free DLC. Before + I owned only NNB & SSHD.

Also, I must say that the minis brand sucks for not having dual-analog control because of the PSP...

Billen

Banned
Sevket-Erhat said:
They need to give PSN Plus subscribers some E3 demos of Killzone 3, Infamous 2 etc. Then I will be one very happy subscriber

No matter how sad it is, that would probably sell it to me.

Sony "can" deliver Demos/Betas of its own IPs like Killzone, Uncharted,inFAMOUS etc. If they can do that. PSN Plus will sell 3 times or maybe more

Billen

Banned
JesseZao said:
Just to clarify, my Wipeout HD is free to keep forever right? There is no expiration.

If they keep up the 50% off discounts, there's a lot of games I'd bite on for less than 5 bucks with free DLC. Before + I owned only NNB & SSHD.

Also, I must say that the minis brand sucks for not having dual-analog control because of the PSP...

I am curious aswell. Do you lose the game once you stop paying for PSN Plus? :D

tirminyl

Billen said:
I am curious aswell. Do you lose the game once you stop paying for PSN Plus? :D

Yes. WipeoutHD was just one of the games you get for the first month. Your bonus was the 3 extra months unlike EU who got LittleBigPlanet to keep. So just to confirm, you do not keep WipeoutHD as it will expire.

elohel

Sevket-Erhat said:
They need to give PSN Plus subscribers some E3 demos of Killzone 3, Infamous 2 etc. Then I will be one very happy subscriber

srsly

also should we just like give up on cross game chat sry to bring that up but cmon

lol

So we get 20% off the new Fat Princess DLC this month. Between that and something they said on the blog awhile back, I kinda got the impression that PS+ subscribers will get discounts on any new first party games/DLC put on the store for the first month.

Think that's true? Or is this just an occasional thing?

Chris_C

E3 demos are not for public consumption, they're usually not in a state that gamers would appreciate as they are far from representative of the finished product, and let's face it, gamers at large wouldn't understand.

legbone

Billen said:
No matter how sad it is, that would probably sell it to me.

Don't worry. I don't see this happening any time soon. i hope i'm wrong though. i am dying to check out the new infamous.

Christopher said:
can you PSN share this?

Some of it you can. I shared Fieldrunners so I'll assume the other minis will share. My mate has an Aussie account and he had Savage Moon. I grabbed it and started playing, only to realize that it was the 1 hour demo thing (like inFamous here). So that was shareable too.

krae_man

Mrbob said:
?

What is the difference?

None.

In the entire 2 year existance of Qore only 3 things have been Annual subscriber only:

1) The free game that came with subscribing(Calling All Cars and later High Velocity Bowling)

2) Home Beta

3) Mag Beta

Oh and Qore subscribers got the Flock Winter demo durring one of the months when the episode was free for non subscribers.

PSN Plus gets free games and early demo access and beta access now.

Are you afraid Qore subscribers will get an exclusive static theme or something?:lol

btkadams

elohel said:
srsly

also should we just like give up on cross game chat sry to bring that up but cmon

lol
i don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of cross game chat. backwards compatibility is the biggest issue with the ps3 (since it was fucking there and then taken out!). as a gaming community, ps3 owners should be hounding sony over that.

Classic24

Banned
I could of sworn there was some type of patent sony made about the CELL EMULATING BC a couple months ago, people were speculating whether or not this update would be released or even if it was real :lol DOH

mr_chun

So here's the total list for the month so far. I think this is it, as it's everything that was promised. But we'll see what happens next Tuesday! :D

* = Expires with Subscription. Everything else is yours to keep forever.

PSN Game - Free
*WipEout HD

Minis - Free
*Age of Zombies
*Fieldrunners

PS One Game - Free
*Rally Cross

DLC - Free
*Warhawk Fallen Star Pack
Cuboid Booster Pack
Cuboid Level Editor
Magic Orbz Booster Pack
Magic Orbz Jungle Pack
Magic Orbz Winter Pack
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack
Smash Cars: Virus Run

Full Game Trial - Free
*inFAMOUS (One Hour)

Qore - Free
*Episode 26

Fat Princess 'Pink'
Fat Princess 'Blue'
MAG 'Raven'
MAG 'SVER'
MAG 'Valor'

Themes (NOT Dynamic) - Free
Collision Theme
King Zumo Theme

Discounts
50% off
Gauntlet II - Now $2.50
Mortal Kombat II - Now $2.50
Rampage - Now $2.50
Rampart - Now $2.50
Super Stardust HD - Now $5
Super Stardust HD Team Addon - Now $2.50
Super Stardust HD Solo Addon - Now $2.50
20% off
Fat Princess: Fat Roles Expansion Pack - Now $3.99
Cuboid - Now $7.99
Hamsterball - Now $3.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - Now $7.99
Magic Orbz - Now $7.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Now $7.99
Smash Cars - Now $11.99
Wakeboarding HD - Now $11.99

If you add everything up, that's $38 worth of 'rental' content, $29.50 in stuff that you get to keep forever, and $36 worth of discounts on games that you can keep forever. Not bad for $3.33.

surly

Banned
If you sign up in, say, month 4, do you get access to the "free" games offered in months 1, 2 and 3, or do you only get access to the stuff offered in month 4 and onwards (while you're an active subscriber)?

mr_chun

surly said:
If you sign up in, say, month 4, do you get access to the "free" games offered in months 1, 2 and 3, or do you only get access to the stuff offered in month 4 and onwards (while you're an active subscriber)?
The content rolls out over the course of a month, but it completely changes at the beginning of every month. So no, you won't have access to this month's content next month.

yencid

surly said:
no you cant. what i want to know is if im signed up but dont download the stuff for october (going to vacation for a month) do i lose the opportunity.

mr_chun

yencid said:
what i want to know is if im signed up but dont download the stuff for october (going to vacation for a month) do i lose the opportunity.
Yes, you do lose the opportunity. If you haven't at least 'purchased' it and left in the download queue, once it leaves the PSN+ section, it's gone.

surly

Banned
mr_chun said:
The content rolls out over the course of a month, but it completely changes at the beginning of every month. So no, you won't have access to this month's content next month.
Meh. That's shite. The more good games they offer early on, the less the service has value for people signing up a few months in as it's like a rental service where they say "sorry, but you can't rent the games we've rented out in the previous months", unless they start offering repeat deals, which they probably will as there's not many great games on PSN anyway.

yencid

mr_chun said:
Yes, you do lose the opportunity. If you haven't at least 'purchased' it and left in the download queue, once it leaves the PSN section, it's gone.
So just press download cancel the download on my friends ps3 and wait till i come back home, check my download history and download it from there?

surly said:
Meh. That's shite. The more good games they offer early on, the less the service has value for people signing up a few months in as it's like a rental service where they say "sorry, but you can't rent the games we've rented out in the previous months", unless they start offering repeat deals, which they probably will as there's not many great games on PSN anyway.
Thats why im getting the Yearly sub. i dont want to be waiting for content for one month and then lose all the other content in the other months.

Getting paid tomorrow hopefully! :D

surly said:

What's the incentive to subscribe now if you could wait 12 months and get everything that came before plus another year?

mr_chun

yencid said:
So just press download cancel the download on my friends ps3 and wait till i come back home, check my download history and download it from there?
Uh theoretically yes, you could log into your PSN account on another PS3, 'purchase' the titles but not download them, and then get them back at home. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

SuperSonic1305 said:
What's the incentive to subscribe now if you could wait 12 months and get everything that came before plus another year?
Thank you haha. I was trying to type that exact sentence but couldn't get it quite right. :lol

SuperSonic1305 said:

The offers are limited to the month. E.g, Wipeout HD will not be available for free next month etc. Its basically, get them while they are available. Different offerings every month.

Top Bottom