• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticut [27+ dead including 20+ children]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwhit10

At least 27 dead, including 18 children

WFSB live stream in CT, Governor expected to talk at 330 EST

BREAKING: Conn. School District Locked Down on Shooting Report

A Connecticut school district is on lockdown today following reports of an unconfirmed shooting at an elementary school.
"Due to reports of a shooting as yet unconfirmed, the district is taking preventive measures by putting all schools in lockdown until we ensure the safety of all students and staff," Newton Public School District secretary of superintendent Kathy June said in a statement.
State police are sending units to Newtown following reports of a shooting at an elementary school.
All public and private schools in the town are on lockdown.
A message on the school district website says that all afternoon kindergarten is cancelled today and there will be no mid-day bus runs.

Yahoo link

CNN link

A shooting has been reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut
Emergency services are on the scene
Below are the latest updates as they come to us
[Updated at 10:53 a.m. ET] Sandy Hook school is on lockdown and students are not being evacuated, a Newtown police spokesman tells us.

[Posted at 10:30 a.m. ET] Breaking news coming in - Connecticut State Police are responding to reports of a shooting at a Newtown elementary school in southwestern Connecticut, according to police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance.

update

WTNH news
NEWTOWN, Conn. (WTNH) -- All schools in Newtown are in lockdown after a reported shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

News 8's Kent Pierce reports emergency responders from several towns, along with the FBI, are on the scene.

A photo taken by the Newtown Bee newspaper shows children being led from the school by police. The paper reported one child was carried from the school by a police officer, but police have not confirmed any injuries.

A witness told News 8 she saw two children, one had a bloody face, the other with a hand injury.

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school this morning prompted the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and drew SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.

ABC

A gunman has been killed, authorities told ABC News.

bad news update...

11:57 a.m. EST, December 14, 2012

NEWTOWN—
Multiple people, including children, have been killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The number of victims is unclear. Many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom, sources said.

A person believed to be a shooter is dead. Earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed.

One child confirmed dead :(

CBS News ‏@CBSNews
DEVELOPING: @JohnMillerCBS reports preliminary information indicates a student's father was CT school gunman http://cbsn.ws/live

CBS News confirms: 27 people are dead in Connecticut school shooting. 14 are children.

fucking horrible.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Only thing I've seen on the TV, is that one teacher is getting treated for being shot in the foot, and that there might be 2 shooters. One is dead, another one is on the run/unknown whereabouts. That's from a local newspaper.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
CNN is saying is one shooter is dead. He was in the main office of the school.

Ganhyun

We have two threads for this, literally made minutes apart. In the thread I made for it, someone is reporting a seriously injured child. :(

Edit: and he posted it here too.

Elementary School?

Damn... this is beyond sad.

Who packs on a Elementary school? what kind of beef do you have that needs to be resolved with gun fire at that age?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
There's a few live links to CNN's broadcast. Unfortunately, they're not legit. Don't know if I can post a link.

MIMIC

Banned
Elementary School?

Damn... this is beyond sad.

Who packs on a Elementary school? what kind of beef do you have that needs to be resolved with gun fire at that age?

I subbed at a K-8 school last year and a 4th grader brought a gun to school >_< He took it out to show his friends at lunch and thankfully one of the students told one of the teachers.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm fucking horrified right now. My mother teaches in Bethel CT, about 20 min from there! We're keeping our thoughts and prayers with the children right now. :-(

I really don't think the life of a child is magically worth more than the life of a teacher. 'Please let it only be adults that died!' is a really bizarre fucking response.

How fucking deranged do you have to be to target a goddamn elementary school? Unbelievable.

We don't know who the shooter was. It may have been a student who, like Guzim explained, may have been showing it to his friends and shit got out of hand. If it was an adult then, yeah, a person has to be pretty deranged to do such a thing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The entire DISTRICT is on lock down? Wow.

SOP. They don't know anything about the shooters, the targets, the victims, the motive...

It could be random, it could be a teacher going on a rampage because of a job review, it could be a student, it could be an angry parent, and it could be an attack against individuals, a classroom, a grade, a school in particular, or the district at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom