• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. DLC Thread 2: Super Smash Bros Special Broadcast Coming in December 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm no meteorologist, but I'd say Tansut's forecast is spot-on. Better grab your raincoats! ;)

Sakurai said he would have more details about Cloud in the direct and him being a difficult request to do. Does not mean any thing for or against the ballot, he is just gonna do like Ryu where he talks about like 'getting him faithful to source material was a tough under taking but we did it because we knew he was an RPG icon so please enjoy.'

I do not think SourceGame is right here, they have been wrong before like with Shovel Knight being in the next few months back in the summer

Source Gaming has never officially endorsed the Shovel Knight "leak" nor any other rumors, merely speculated on them. Don't get it twisted. *nail-painting emoji*

Can he confirm/de-confirming Snake? I'm getting tired of people mentioning him and not talking about the character we truly need
Paper Mario

Neiteio

Wait a minute...

Wait a minute

Tansut

...Tansut

Tan

Sut

Drop the "tan"

Take the "sut"

Drop the "ut"

and

Add "akurai"

Holy shit

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wait a minute...

Wait a minute

Tansut

...Tansut

Tan

Sut

Drop the "tan"

Take the "sut"

Drop the "ut"

and

Add "akurai"

Holy shit
Half-life 3 confirmed

RK128

Can he confirm/de-confirming Snake? I'm getting tired of people mentioning him and not talking about the character we truly need
Paper Mario

The only reason I keep saying Snake is that despite Konami being Konami, a lot of the work for Snake is already done thanks to Brawl's assets and music for Snake.
-He has a stage already
-They can re-used Brawl tracks and bring in a few new ones (Ground Zeros, Phantom Pain, Peace Waker, MGS3, ect)
-Very little has to be done in editing his moveset for Smash 4; just some slight changes here and there
-Can push sales of MGSV and maybe even lead to a early 2016 release of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain on Wii U and (latter on) NX; Konami and Nintendo are more friendly then it seems (they let them work with a Hudson Soft IP recently, some of their GBA Castlevanna's are on the Wii U VC, ect).

Paper Mario the most likely Nintendo newcomer next to Inklings honestly.
-Has a game coming up (Paper Jam)
-Has trophies in the 3DS and a stage in the 3DS version that could easily be ported over to the Wii U version (ala Duck Hunt getting ported to 3DS)
-His moveset can be very different from Mario
-Can use the same tech they used for Mr. Game & Watch for his animations and look

I see him being a newcomer in a NX release of Smash Bros. 4 or Smash 5.

Neiteio

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out Paper Mario. The lil' guy keeps getting game after game after game. And Mario-themed DLC seems to be considered "safe," if the Peach's Castle and Mario Maker stages are any indication.

BUT IF TANSUT WOULD STOP BEING A TERRORIST AND JUST TELL US, WE WOULDN'T NEED TO SPECULATE

I'm sorry, Tansut, forgive me.

So Snake's in, right? Tansut, please confirm.

The only reason I keep saying Snake is that despite Konami being Konami, a lot of the work for Snake is already done thanks to Brawl's assets and music for Snake.
-He has a stage already
-They can re-used Brawl tracks and bring in a few new ones (Ground Zeros, Phantom Pain, Peace Waker, MGS3, ect)
-Very little has to be done in editing his moveset for Smash 4; just some slight changes here and there
-Can push sales of MGSV and maybe even lead to a early 2016 release of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain on Wii U and (latter on) NX; Konami and Nintendo are more friendly then it seems (they let them work with a Hudson Soft IP recently, some of their GBA Castlevanna's are on the Wii U VC, ect).

Paper Mario the most likely Nintendo newcomer next to Inklings honestly.
-Has a game coming up (Paper Jam)
-Has trophies in the 3DS and a stage in the 3DS version that could easily be ported over to the Wii U version (ala Duck Hunt getting ported to 3DS)
-His moveset can be very different from Mario
-Can use the same tech they used for Mr. Game & Watch for his animations and look

I see him being a newcomer in a NX release of Smash Bros. 4 or Smash 5.

I was mostly joking about Snake. I kinda miss him to actually, those codecs made him feel part of Nintendo.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out Paper Mario. The lil' guy keeps getting game after game after game. And Mario-themed DLC seems to be considered "safe," if the Peach's Castle and Mario Maker stages are any indication.

BUT IF TANSUT WOULD STOP BEING A TERRORIST AND JUST TELL US, WE WOULDN'T NEED TO SPECULATE

I'm sorry, Tansut, forgive me.

So Snake's in, right? Tansut, please confirm.

All I need PLEASE

So I checked the forecast, looks like the 16th is going to have an overcast sky. Thought y'all would want to know in case you're going out that day.

tumblr_mii3x9A9NM1qa7wxro1_400.gif

Neiteio

Tansut, just take one for the team and confirm or de-confirm Snake.

You can even be cryptic about it, so long as we can crack the code.

It's worth sacrificing your career, family and friends.

Do it for me.

Two weeks is annoying for me more because I was planning a big Smash party once Cloud hit. The closer the release is to Christmas, the less likely people can make it.

I mean, they can take all the time they want, but for what I personally had in mind it's a bit annoying.

Two weeks?

Two weeks?

Just kill me now, why don't you. Actually kill me. This is how Socrates and Galileo must have felt.

"You must wait two whole weeks or you will be condemned to death."

Okay, that's easy, I choose death. Hand over the hemlock, I can't drink it fast enough.

Two weeks. Unbelievable. Nintendo has done some out of touch BS before, but this one really takes the cake. It takes the whole cake.

If you need me, I will be lying on the floor with a blindfold on waiting for one of you to put me out of my misery. Here's a pool noodle. Just go nuts, I don't care.

Two weeks. Just ridiculous.

Neiteio

Two weeks?

Two weeks?

Just kill me now, why don't you. Actually kill me. This is how Socrates and Galileo must have felt.

"You must wait two whole weeks or you will be condemned to death."

Okay, that's easy, I choose death. Hand over the hemlock, I can't drink it fast enough.

Two weeks. Unbelievable. Nintendo has done some out of touch BS before, but this one really takes the cake. It takes the whole cake.

If you need me, I will be lying on the floor with a blindfold on waiting for one of you to put me out of my misery. Here's a pool noodle. Just go nuts, I don't care.

Two weeks. Just ridiculous.
Hahah, death by pool noodle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom