• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. DLC Thread 2: Super Smash Bros Special Broadcast Coming in December 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigby

Banned
If I had could choose three legit choices and three joke choices of who I think could/should get into smash they would probably be:

Legit:
  • Goku
  • Crash
  • Blinx

Joke:
  • King K. Rool
  • Wonder Red
  • Snake

Sakurai, if you're reading this, you know in your heart of hearts that this can be the only way. We can't stop after Cloud, the stakes can only to get bigger, the future is upon us friends. Our time is truly upon us. In Sakurai we trust.

*Neiteio comes back in from the cold, dejected at seeing Cloud in the clouds, a reminder that the character is not yet available*

*Neiteio turns on the TV. On the TV, a Japanese man has his back turned. The man has a distinctively Sakurai-like silhouette, and is wearing a tiger-stripe shirt.*

MAN ON TV: "Tomorrow, we will have Cloud..."

*Neiteio's eyes go wide*

MAN ON TV: "...s in the sky, since it's going to rain."

*The man on the TV turns around, revealing himself to be the new meteorologist, Forecastahiro Weatherai.*

ANCHORS: "Thanks, Forecastahiro." *stifling laugh at tiger-stripe shirt* "Next, in sports news..."

NEITEIO: "Goddammit."

Lol, Sakurai please, deliver us from this self inducing madness! Think of Neiteios mental well being!

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's Smash Wii U's Japanese anniversary on Sunday. The last special broadcast was a Sunday. Could it be fate?

Ha, just noticed this
WVW69ioAaZEGDj0Pig

You ever get the feeling some DLC was rushed?

The inside and the entrance are still using N64 textures

Alternate Comment: When did Minecraft get added to Smash Bros?

Also the top of the middle castle tower has the top decorations on backwards. They forgot to mirror every other one, so they look weird.

Maybe they'll go and clean up these two texture glitches, but I doubt it

Ha, just noticed this
WVW69ioAaZEGDj0Pig

You ever get the feeling some DLC was rushed?

The inside and the entrance are still using N64 textures

Alternate Comment: When did Minecraft get added to Smash Bros?

Also the top of the middle castle tower has the top decorations on backwards. They forgot to mirror every other one, so they look weird.

Maybe they'll go and clean up these two texture glitches, but I doubt it

This is a lot more evident on the Peach's Castle stage. Despite the upgraded graphics, I get the impression they still want to keep the "retro" texture look.

This is a lot more evident on the Peach's Castle stage. Despite the upgraded graphics, I get the impression they still want to keep the "retro" texture look.
This is the only texture on Hyrule Castle that wasn't redone. It appears they forgot or didn't care because it's in an area you can't see easily without pausing.

I don't recommend anyone zoom in close on Peach's Castle

The textures between the four N64 stages are pretty inconsistent. Hyrule was basically entirely redone, while Dreamland and Kongo are sort in the middle. Peach's looks like the didn't even bother and just increased the resolution of the original textures.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to talk about Smash NX yet since we are still waiting for the news from upcoming broadcast since it's closer to us than Smash NX would ever been.

Also, did anyone remember this?

Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to talk about Smash NX yet since we are still waiting for the news from upcoming broadcast since it's closer to us than Smash NX would ever been.

I remember watching the Japanese direct of the reveal, only to start late and only see Shulk's final smash.

Jawmuncher

"Worked really hard to get a character that's pretty much nintendo"

Sakurai said he would have more details about Cloud in the direct and him being a difficult request to do. Does not mean any thing for or against the ballot, he is just gonna do like Ryu where he talks about like 'getting him faithful to source material was a tough under taking but we did it because we knew he was an RPG icon so please enjoy.'

I do not think SourceGame is right here, they have been wrong before like with Shovel Knight being in the next few months back in the summer

Predictions are for Wolf and K.Rool and Snake and Inkling :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
"Worked really hard to get a character that's pretty much nintendo"

Shulk and Greninja are pretty much last two newcomers (non-clones) made in the game so yeah, I understand why they worked pretty hard to get them into the game. Even Bowser Jr almost got cut as well. Bowser Jr was third from last newcomer (non-clones) being added to the game.

I'm glad that all three got in the game because I really appreciate those characters and their gameplay.

Here is a quote from Sakurai on Bowser Jr.

On our side, we are re-creating characters from the previous title, and keep on adding more, so the word “reduce” is not appropriate. There are cases where we simply couldn’t make it in the end, but on the whole we did a good job I think and the people at Bandai Namco Games did a great job. We had discussions on giving up on something many many times, Bowser Jr. was on the brink of being cut but the staff said “We’ll do our best!” and we made it.

I just assumed Shulk was hard to get in since his game was so recent, it was (at the time it was probably chosen for Smash) a one-off and had a really weird release schedule worldwide.

Was there anything indicating him and Greninja were the last non-clone newcomers to get into Smash? I've seen the article before about Bowser Jr. nearly getting cut tho.

I just assumed Shulk was hard to get in since his game was so recent, it was (at the time it was probably chosen for Smash) a one-off and had a really weird release schedule worldwide.

Was there anything indicating him and Greninja were the last non-clone newcomers to get into Smash? I've seen the article before about Bowser Jr. nearly getting cut tho.

Probably something like order of one of tables of character data puts them on the end.

Son Of D

I believe the character data has them nearer the bottom whereas characters like Mario, Link, Pikachu etc are at the top.

Tansut

So I checked the forecast, looks like the 16th is going to have an overcast sky. Thought y'all would want to know in case you're going out that day.

Ryce

So I checked the forecast, looks like the 16th is going to have an overcast sky. Thought y'all would want to know in case you're going out that day.
Oh shit.

Guys, Tansut knew about Cloud in advance. Overcast means cloudy. Cloud is releasing on the 16th!

Pokemaniac

Yeah, the Smash broadcast should give us some insight regarding what the plans for the remainder of Smash 4 are. Until we know how they're going to finish out Smash 4, it seems a bit premature to speculate heavily about the next game.

Neiteio

"You might want to stay inside on the 16th. I heard it's going to be overcast. Also, there will be a plague of snakes. And wolves. And squids. Squids fucking everywhere."

RK128

After playing the leaked Project M build, I would love to see Lyn, Issac and Knuckles fine their way into Smash 4 :).

-Lyn could be more fleshed out and have ranged attacks to be different from the other FE characters
-Issac could be complete and be a great rep for Camelot (as they made a lot of games for Nintendo)
-Knuckles and Tails should be the next two Sega characters; what Project M did with Knuckles makes me really want him and Tails in Smash. Tails can have his attacks use his tails and gadgets, Knuckles will be the heavy hitter with gliding and punching for his speicals. Both share the same down-b (spin-dash) but otherwise feel very different from Sonic.

I will be okay if they don't appear in Smash 4 (as Cloud, Wolf, Snake and Inkling are likely the 'final' DLC characters for Smash 4) but still, it would be very nice if Knuckles, Issac and Lyn find their way into Smash Brothers 4 :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom